Kosher Kush Sharksbreath Feminized Manifold Project

With your style of growing I would think you will dial it in and reach your 8 in a 2x4 space. I achieved it many times with Fluorescent tubes and 3 plants fit nicely into a 2 x 4 space. With your gift and eye maximizing the space should be a cake walk.

Thank you so much friend, hope all is well in SA. :Namaste:

All good in the deep south. Glass of wine and some creedence clearwater revival and life just fits into place.

Where you from bud?

With your style of growing I would think you will dial it in and reach your 8 in a 2x4 space. I achieved it many times with Fluorescent tubes and 3 plants fit nicely into a 2 x 4 space. With your gift and eye maximizing the space should be a cake walk.
I figure one more root system, roughly 15X24" of grow space per plant, topped once this time, with LST, hoping 55-60 Days flip. This is how I did my Outdoor grow, one early topping, then all LST. Late plants(germinated Memorial weekend, popped late May early June) averaged a QP, the biggest 15 zones and change, almost an elbow. The new plants are already 3 weeks old, by the time I clean the tent, and throw them in there, they will be over 4 weeks old. It will be a nice head start this time on the Vegetative Phase. My first LED grow, I fimmed and the plant was all wild, I prefer to top and create a bush. When I switch to Coco, I may try Manifolding again however, I will be using this style for next years outdoor fun in the sun. My thoughts are 30 ish days indoors, which will be topped twice already for 4, do another cut or two for 8 or 16 tops and keep them flat as possible. Gets me excited just thinkin' about it, I do veggie gardens to so there's just something magical about a spec of nothing, turning into a six foot 15 ounce monster, or six tomato plants yielding HUNDREDS of organic fruit(made a spaghetti sauce that was unreal). I gave away so many tomatoes and everyone couldn't believe the taste(buddy of mines wife makes some awesome salsa). I asked my wife the other day, can I grow tomatoes in the house, she was like WTH. She already gave in to this hobby of mine since she knows it's important to me, I guess I shouldn't press my luck. One day, I'll have a room dedicated to all kinds of stuff, would love to do my own edible mushrooms, and not just the ones that have you tore up for 6-8 hours. Been there done that. One can dream, maybe it'll happen, who knows. I'll blame the Holy Grail for this rant. :passitleft:

All good in the deep south. Glass of wine and some creedence clearwater revival and life just fits into place.

Where you from bud?
I'm from the surrounding area in Sacramento California. Two hours from Snow, less than 2 to the Beach.

Man, I love me some CCR, I'm listening to "Wrote a Song for Everyone" as I type this. :) I could list SO many of my favorites, but just to throw a few out there. Commotion, Good Golly Miss Molly, Midnight Special, and Cotton Fields. There really is SO MANY more I could list, but you get the feel. :volcano-smiley:

I figure one more root system, roughly 15X24" of grow space per plant, topped once this time, with LST, hoping 55-60 Days flip. This is how I did my Outdoor grow, one early topping, then all LST. Late plants(germinated Memorial weekend, popped late May early June) averaged a QP, the biggest 15 zones and change, almost an elbow. The new plants are already 3 weeks old, by the time I clean the tent, and throw them in there, they will be over 4 weeks old. It will be a nice head start this time on the Vegetative Phase. My first LED grow, I fimmed and the plant was all wild, I prefer to top and create a bush. When I switch to Coco, I may try Manifolding again however, I will be using this style for next years outdoor fun in the sun. My thoughts are 30 ish days indoors, which will be topped twice already for 4, do another cut or two for 8 or 16 tops and keep them flat as possible. Gets me excited just thinkin' about it, I do veggie gardens to so there's just something magical about a spec of nothing, turning into a six foot 15 ounce monster, or six tomato plants yielding HUNDREDS of organic fruit(made a spaghetti sauce that was unreal). I gave away so many tomatoes and everyone couldn't believe the taste(buddy of mines wife makes some awesome salsa). I asked my wife the other day, can I grow tomatoes in the house, she was like WTH. She already gave in to this hobby of mine since she knows it's important to me, I guess I shouldn't press my luck. One day, I'll have a room dedicated to all kinds of stuff, would love to do my own edible mushrooms, and not just the ones that have you tore up for 6-8 hours. Been there done that. One can dream, maybe it'll happen, who knows. I'll blame the Holy Grail for this rant. :passitleft:

You have the passion, the talent to pull it through and the skills to write about it in a very easy format to follow. You should write a grow manual and I will commit to buying the very first published, I see a book on everyones shelf. Good luck with your grows I will continue to enjoy your postings.

So much feels bro! LOL!

My fiancee just bought me a double CD with about 40 CCR songs. Ripped them all into lossless wav, and then stream it to the amp. The neighbours aren't loving me right now.

So much feels bro! LOL!

My fiancee just bought me a double CD with about 40 CCR songs. Ripped them all into lossless wav, and then stream it to the amp. The neighbours aren't loving me right now.
You should start screaming/singin'... Don't make me PUT A SPELL ON YOU. You could mix and match songs like your psycho, saying lines like LONG as I can SEE the Light. :)

You have the passion, the talent to pull it through and the skills to write about it in a very easy format to follow. You should write a grow manual and I will commit to buying the very first published, I see a book on everyones shelf. Good luck with your grows I will continue to enjoy your postings.
That's funny you say that, I've always wanted to write a book. My brothers write poetry, my grandfather wrote poetry as well, I write too but kind of lost touch. I usually don't have a problem getting my point across textually or verbally. Maybe one day it'll happen, too many things to do and SO little time. Really appreciate the sentiment. :volcano-smiley:

Update:

I trimmed up the Sharksbreath yesterday, she felt like MAYBE 3 ounces, they are pretty dense so we will see. Either way, another half gallon jar of meds almost full. It definitely feels like 80ish grams or so, but I'll let them cure a bit and dry them slowly and pull a little more moisture from the center of the buds before weigh in(I don't pad my numbers, I like a true dry weight and there is definitely a tiny bit of moisture left for curing). The smell is terrific and they look gorgeous, I can't wait to try her, I'll have to exercise the will of patience, no need to push it since I'm well stocked with flowers. :)

That's funny you say that, I've always wanted to write a book. My brothers write poetry, my grandfather wrote poetry as well, I write too but kind of lost touch. I usually don't have a problem getting my point across textually or verbally. Maybe one day it'll happen, too many things to do and SO little time. Really appreciate the sentiment. :volcano-smiley:

You can never really lose touch completely, still there just funneled in a new direction. Good Luck with your next project.

You can never really lose touch completely, still there just funneled in a new direction. Good Luck with your next project.
So true... it's like the cliche phrase it's like riding a bike... cliche as it may, you can always find the path and continue.

Thank you, if the change to 3 plants doesn't get me where I would like, I'm going 6 plants (legal limit in CA, I could easily go more and get away with it, but this is a hobby/medical grow, not a commercial OP) and shoot for 1.5 ozs(40 grams give or take) per plant , that would put me over my 8 ounce goal. In my experience, I don't see these lights pulling 16-18 inch Colas, the penetration isn't there. I measured the penetration to the deeper/farther away buds and once you hit 10-12", it's all Fluff and to the hash pile it goes. I had the lights as close as I could go without bleaching, right around 11-12" from the tops. I'm not complaining or anything since these are budget lights, and I didn't drop a grand per light or else yeah, I'd be pretty disappointed yield wise(IMO, never an issue with quality flowers with LEDS). Not to mention, this is the 3rd grow, so I'm free rolling money wise anyway, and have sunshine buds that yielded almost a kilo on a very small grow/scale, most plants 3ish feet tall, biggest almost 6ft. Anyway, just trying to find what works for these Mars lights and recording the data, I should of lolipopped the bottom 2-3" of growth (22" plant from soil), I should of flattened the arms earlier on to go wider, so always room for improvement. I didn't have any experience with SCROG or Manifolding before this journey, so it's tough to put a number on practical real world scenarios. I could blame it on something like we humans tend to do, but I'm a realist, cause and effect sort of guy. The Truthband has me ranting... Over It. :volcano-smiley:

Surely a small sample now wouldn't hurt bud? I'm dying to know what she is like. :goodjob:

Surely a small sample now wouldn't hurt bud? I'm dying to know what she is like. :goodjob:

I have tried a little of the sugar shake in my vape and I can't quite pinpoint what it tastes like. I did however weigh her in and I'm a little disappointed, but that's ok, being a rookie at manifolding and not maximizing the space efficiently, she yielded 70.4g. Pretty much 2.5 zones. Not too bad for a 22" plant, but with so much time invested, definitely a little frustrated, but the day this turns into WORK or STRESS, I'm done so this is all for the experience and sport of growing our beloved plants indoors.

In other news, the Kosher Kush is in total darkness right now, I shut the light off last night so she's been in the dark for over 24hrs now. She is coming down later today, DAY 69 Bloom. I'll take some pics before i chop her down(I'm sure quite a few). Overall, cool experience, but I CRAVE more as far as yield. I may go 3 plants scrogged, these lights do well up until about 10-12 inches. If I had a LED light that was high powered (expensive) the penetration would be better I'm sure. I just don't see these 400's giving out 16-18" budsicles in my experience. These 400's put out about 170 wall watts so I'll probably miss the .5g per watt marker, unless the Kosher hits a 100 grams, it's possible, but from the looks of it, I'll be short. Overall, all good, i'll end up with 150-170g of pure FIYA!! :volcano-smiley:

She is about the same size (maybe slightly smaller) as my sour chiesel then. I would be happy with a 70g haul. I know you were hoping for more, but that is a decent yield for a plant of that size.

As for the lights, maybe supplement with some HPS? That will most definitely increase yields.

Hey all, it's been SO long since I logged into 420mag, missed this place no doubt and will have to catch up with some journals soon. So much has happened, I wouldn't know where to begin, nothing to do with my tent, just life, change, growing as a person... I'm exhausted from the holidays and almost feeling refreshed. My new babies are doing well in my other journal, haven't been taking pictures to be completely honest. My camera is old and a pain in the neck and I've kinda lost interest/touch lately and need to get out of my own way. :)

Anyway, the update, to put it bluntly, the 22" Sharksbreath plant beat the Kosher Kush(33ish inches), I love it. The buds were just too spindly, not airy, just gaps/spindly growth, another low yielding Kush in my opinion(rated avg, YEAH MAYBE in a SOG). It does however look and smell wonderful, very kushy with a hint of sweet grass or something, it's still early and I haven't smoked it yet. I have so much that is perfectly cured, I just can't do it, it's worth waiting for at least a month or so. I have stuff coming up on three months, it's getting better each day! Back on track, the Sharksbreath buds are so pretty and dense compared, overall, the Sharksbreath wins this battle. I could only imagine the buds that strain would produce outdoors, some forearm buds AT LEAST!! The good news is it's another 130g ish (70 Sharksbreath,60ish for Kosher K)to the positive column and by the time I dried the kush and everything, I had a 5 week head start on my current grow. All is well in my world and I learned so much about this grow. I learned that ML isn't for these lights, unless you want to top for eight, and grow 3 or 4 plants and flip them when they have fully recovered in 5-7 days with 3 or 4 nodes per Main. I should of did one more final complete defoliation on the Kosher Kush, and I could of clipped a few of the lowers nodes on the Sharksbreath, almost the whole branch was bud though on the sharksbreath, just the very bottom two nodes were small, right around the 13-14" mark. I can't completely blame the light, but I'm going back to SCROG in my new journal. I built the screen a few days ago, I tried SCROG a few grows ago and it did ok and in my opinion, it wasn't a true scrog, more like a structure controlling where the buds are. Bottom line, I want another crack at SCROG, and these lights are great to the 10-12 inches range so hoping 3 plants, SCROG, really try to maximize the space and be patient. Anyway, thanks everyone for taking the time to checkout my journal and I wish everyone the best of luck in all there growing endeavors. :volcano-smiley:

She is about the same size (maybe slightly smaller) as my sour chiesel then. I would be happy with a 70g haul. I know you were hoping for more, but that is a decent yield for a plant of that size.

As for the lights, maybe supplement with some HPS? That will most definitely increase yields.
For a 22" plant, awesome haul, and all quality buds, the Kosher was 60 and change and quite a few small ones, not airy or anything just small. One final complete defoliation for Kosher K before flip would of been ideal, hindsight is always 20/20. In my experience, I could definitely do very well in this space with a 400 or even a 600 HPS, but these LEDS are so easy to manage heat and humidity and just really trouble free. I've been watering every 4 days and a little LST here and there and that's it, almost set it and forget it. I really like the quality from LEDS, and in my experience, it seems my lights do better with smaller plants and more of them. After my current grow, I may go 6 smaller plants, in Coco and shoot for 30 or 40g per plant and play the numbers game. Who knows, maybe I'll grab a HPS next winter when it's cold just because I can and enjoy this so much, even when things don't go as planned or my way. I know one thing for certain, I am over a half p(2oz first grow, 3 second, almost 4.6 this grow so 9.6) to the good with the old 2x2 and this current 2x4(which isn't actually a true 2x4 tent, she's short a little) so this is all free at this point, minus the 15-20 bucks a month in electricity, which I don't even see because I'm OCD with turning off lights that my children(mind you there teenagers) leave on. :volcano-smiley:

130g of top quality dank is awesome bud.

Congrats on the harvest my friend. I will be following your new journal now.

130g of top quality dank is awesome bud.

Congrats on the harvest my friend. I will be following your new journal now.
I am excited for the Sharksbreath, super spicy funk smell. The Kosher K I'm excited for too, lots of reviews loving the taste factor. I'll get some pics up soon.

Back
Top Bottom