Another First Timer Green Crack Fem LED Grow

I did a feed 2 days ago, last feed of the schedule so it only included some molasses and green planets "finisher". So Sunday she will be due for water again. I will run 6-7 gallons through her this time, and then water every 4 days after that as per normal. That might get another 5-6 gallons through before its chop chop time. I think that'll let her use up what she needs despite it not being the three times the amount of soil. Pretty sure I might be a tad disappointed with the yield. But oh well.

As for the scope, it's a cheap amazon USB scope. Comes with an OTG cable so I can use it on my android device (although the cable shit the bed and only worked for 5 seconds, literally). And can obviously plug into a PC. Well worth the money compared to the regular scope I bought at the local grow store and only a couple bucks more. Not sure if I can link to amazon here, but just google "Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope". It's available on the US and Canadian site. US guys get a big sale on it actually, 50% off right now. Makes it a no brainer.

Day 119
Day 62 of 12/12

Sorry I've been a little busy over the last week. Watered her last night, ph'd water only. I have been keeping an eye on the trics every other day, I think she'll be coming down in the next little while. It could even be this weekend, but I'll let the plant tell me that for sure.

Unfortunately the tric pics are on my tablet, so all I can post this morning are some bud pics. As of right now the amber is somewhat sparse but it is there. I'm not wanting to much couchlock from this batch so she's almost good to go.

IMG_20171026_205900.jpg

IMG_20171026_205905.jpg

IMG_20171026_205948.jpg

IMG_20171026_205959.jpg

IMG_20171026_210044.jpg

As you can see, it didn't take long for her to start to yellow up. This whole last week or two week flush is such a hot debate. I tend to lean toward starving the plant in the last two weeks as being a bad thing. For every article you can read saying it's necessary you can find one that says you're doing nothing but harm. Maybe next time I'll try a different approach.

Day 122
Day 64 of 12/12

Harvest day is here. I dragged her out of the tent 10 minutes prior to the light coming on. Did a tric check around the plant. I felt it was pretty much where I wanted it. I'd say 15% amber on average maybe?

420-magazine-mobile340288639.jpg

Had help from the gf. Trim pics!

420-magazine-mobile1403774727.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1795901016.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1929593535.jpg

420-magazine-mobile79553892.jpg

I purposely left on a bunch of baby popcorn buds so I could add them to my trim pile. I got a ton of trim from on plant, lots of it bring little buds. So that's awesome, and I'm excited to make some butter. Having said that, do I have to dry it or can I make the butter from fresh trim like 2-3 days old?

420-magazine-mobile1601291326.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2140977059.jpg

She had nice legs

420-magazine-mobile786348446.jpg

Now for the dry and jar. And hopefully butter making!

Yeah Buddy!
Got some wet weights? Awesome trim job too. :) 30% amber looks like you started your flush at the right time.

I know you will want to decarb your popcorn and trimmings before making the butter.

I've been following this thread that should answer your questions. Might want to start a few pages from the end and go forward. Some great stuff in there.

Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

Congrats!

Yeah Buddy!
Got some wet weights? Awesome trim job too. :) 30% amber looks like you started your flush at the right time.

I know you will want to decarb your popcorn and trimmings before making the butter.

I've been following this thread that should answer your questions. Might want to start a few pages from the end and go forward. Some great stuff in there.

Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

Congrats!
Thanks!! :thumb:

I'll only need to decarb if I'm using fresh and not dried though right?

And as for weight, I didn't take a wet weight. But I'm assuming after all this the dry weight will not be very much unfortunately :-(

Looks good. Definitely gonna give this one another try the future.
Thanks!! Super excited to make some butter while I wait for the curing process. I think I'll let the trim dry for about a 6-7 days. I'll decarb for an hour and make butter all in the same day.

Curious how much herb I'll get when she's done hanging...

Quick update. Some only hung for three days, the rest was taken down on the fourth day. They have been in jars for two days now, burping a few times a day if required. So far so good.

420-magazine-mobile285118718.jpg

And if I didn't lose a main branch so early on the yield would have been much better.

420-magazine-mobile426674890.jpg

Not complaining, but there is a ton of room for improvement. I know exactly what I'll do on the next green crack grow. Next up will be a train wreck auto and a CBD cheese auto.

Smoke report coming in a few weeks time

So I made butter, and cookies using the butter. Not sure what was going on, but I'm not feeling much affect after eating them the other night.

Filled a sauce pot with enough water to keep the trim off the bottom. I had 23 grams of trim, so I melted 372 grams of butter in the water and then added the trim. This simmered for three hours before it was strained and put in the fridge. The next day I took the butter and used a half of a cup to make 20 chocolate chip cookies. Can't really say I got high. Wth?

DYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For my butter I use 1 ounce of trim to pound of butter. I boil to decarb and then low simmer the butter, and shake, leave at least 1.5 hours on super low barely bubbling, then strain, etc. My brownies make everybody happy!!!!!

DYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For my butter I use 1 ounce of trim to pound of butter. I boil to decarb and then low simmer the butter, and shake, leave at least 1.5 hours on super low barely bubbling, then strain, etc. My brownies make everybody happy!!!!!

Pretty much what I did. I used the correct portion of butter since I wasn't using a full ounce of trim/bud.

1 ounce trim - 1 pound of butter
or
28 grams - 454 grams of butter

Mine was 23 grams and 372 grams of butter. I've eaten edibles in the past, not the effect I was hoping for here.

Pretty much what I did. I used the correct portion of butter since I wasn't using a full ounce of trim/bud.

1 ounce trim - 1 pound of butter
or
28 grams - 454 grams of butter

Mine was 23 grams and 372 grams of butter. I've eaten edibles in the past, not the effect I was hoping for here.

We could guess all day... I like to take just a bite of brownie, it doesn't loop me out but I get a nice little head change. Maybe becuase you did cookies they got hotter than a pan of brownies would at the same temps and burned off the THC.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :bravo: :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom