Peppermint Kush First Timer

Hey fellas, today I made the move and bought a 150 watt hps for my tent. I'm planning on running the t5s and the hps for the rest of the grow but might ditch the t5 later in flowering to save some money. The plants loving it already! I will try and get some pics of it up tomorrow. Have a kickass friday night dudes!

Ok, Its day 59 from sprout and it looks like things are back on track. Got some of the reachable shoots tied down to get some more light.
I'm really digging this HPS. Don't get me wrong, the t5s are badass but i could tell a huge difference with the hps. In good and bad ways haha. tent stays around 78/79 which is a little warmer than it was with the t5. But that was a obvious going into it. I did get a little bit of heat stress but I raised the light up and shits smooth sailin'. On to the fun stuff! Oh, and sorry for the crappy shots. i need to find my camera...
photo-265.JPG
photo-255.JPG
photo-245.JPG
photo-2310.JPG
photo-2213.JPG
photo-2111.JPG
photo-207.JPG
photo-196.JPG
photo-1810.JPG

Your 2 months into vegg, was wondering when you were planning on switching to Flower? Have to remember that it's going to double in size when you start flowering.

She was put into flower three days ago. She's stretching like crazy!
I still got about 3 feet till I'm maxed out on height restrictions.
Ill get some pictures up in the morning for ya guys!

Ill second what King said, removing a few of those fan leaves would expose the bottom sites and allow for them popcorn nugs to triple in size, i'll even snip off the tips of the leaves instead of the whole thing if I can see it would be beneficial for a bud site beneath. If you didn't want to do any removing of fan leaf, it looks like the tallest branch, probably the main branch, could be bent out further which would let the light leak down lower. At 14 days though stretching should be finishing up or should be done by now, so keep watching them buds form, will be around now that I have your thread on my first page of subs, :blunt: Is she starting to smell yet?

:peace: CA

actually tuck the fan leaves cause fan leaves are what holds plants natural nutrients and food from photosynetesis. so cutting them will hurt the plant "tuck before you pluck" if they are dying yellow then yea cut them but i'd recommend tucking them back.

Also forgot to mention that, tucking and bending, if possible, is way better for your plant, zero stress. Make sure you know your plants characteristics and what not (i'm sure ya do), i have a blue dream that is extremely bendable and rubbery and won't snap at all, as to a girl scout cookie in flower that seems to have a straw like structure to her stems and leaves and doesn't like too much major bending and tucking.
:thumb:

Hey fellas, thanks for all the recommendations. I ended up doing a mixture of defoliating and tucking.
I would much rather bend but theres some that just needed to go. Also got rid of a few lower branches that had no chance.

A few days ago my timer decided to reset and made the girl get about 16 hours of light. I was a little worried that she might hermie but shes showing no signs of doing so.

More pics will be up soon!

Until then.. Happy Medicating!

Sorry for never finishing up this journal fellas. I ended up moving across the country and had to chop the girl down a few weeks early.
Never the less, it was still some pretty good smoke! I harvested with a little over half a ounce. Probably would have gotten more if I was
able to let her bulk up. But any who, Ive got a new journal going with a OG kush, 2 white widows, and a northern lights. Pretty stoked! So drop on by and throw in your 2 cents. I will need it! :Namaste:
OG Kush Soil Grow 400 Watt HPS

Back
Top Bottom