First Grow Indoor Room

No those white hairs are not preflowers, you will see the preflowers or pollen sacks when they have at least 4-5 nodes (nodes are a set of branches).

So what are you saying, that its male?
Too early to tell for sure without sexing them (12/12)

If you look carefully at the edges of your leaves there is, as far as I can gather, nutrient burn. Be careful not to over fertilise your plants so early. But it doesn't seem like you've completely overdone it. Just don't add too much more in the not too distant future (I could be wrong).

Also I'm not too sure but in some of your pictures the soil seems very dry and you're only watering in very small places. If you're going to transplant them into big containers you need to make sure that when you water the entire container is saturated. If you just water a little around the stem of the plant the dry soil around it will absorb the water and the plant won't grow. Keep all the soil damp but not soggy.

maybe pop by my grow journal? jutjut's Outdoor Sativa Grow Journal - 2012

Cheers

If you look carefully at the edges of your leaves there is, as far as I can gather, nutrient burn. Be careful not to over fertilise your plants so early. But it doesn't seem like you've completely overdone it. Just don't add too much more in the not too distant future (I could be wrong).

Also I'm not too sure but in some of your pictures the soil seems very dry and you're only watering in very small places. If you're going to transplant them into big containers you need to make sure that when you water the entire container is saturated. If you just water a little around the stem of the plant the dry soil around it will absorb the water and the plant won't grow. Keep all the soil damp but not soggy.

Cheers

I agree about saturating the whole container when watering..It will encourage the roots to really stretch out if their medium is wet and ready to go..

I'm saying that its too early to tell sex. In a couple weeks you will be able to tell, you will see them where the branch meets the stem. Female will have two white hairs and male will have a ball on a thin stem. It's much easier if you take pics of something you have a question on, by your description above I can see how people may be confused and tell you it's a female plant. The white hairs you were talking about are all over the stem right?

Cheers
yes i should be watering the entire container thank you very much.

I am going keep the nutrients low. Me personally i think i am giving them too much.

I'm saying that its too early to tell sex. In a couple weeks you will be able to tell, you will see them where the branch meets the stem. Female will have two white hairs and male will have a ball on a thin stem. It's much easier if you take pics of something you have a question on, by your description above I can see how people may be confused and tell you it's a female plant. The white hairs you were talking about are all over the stem right?

okay few weeks , yes on the stem sorry.

No need to apologize,I just didn't want you thinking it was a female and have it end up a male. We're all here to learn, and your in the right place for it. You will be Dr. Greenthumb in no time!!

So I have a cabinet now. There is Two t8 6500k fluorescent , two 5000k cfl's, and two 6500k cfl's Temps stay at 70-71 degrees and humility level is at 45 percent. I am going too add aluminum foil Too the back walls and side walls.

Don't know if this applies (and if, to what extent) to cfl's and fluoroscents, but be careful with foil, as it can create hotspots due to the "crackly" surface redirecting light in uneven fashion, or at least so i've heard.

Looking good so far! I think flat white paint will work for ya a lot better then tin foil, plus keep your grow room from looking like a ghetto grow. But if tin foil is all you can get it will work.
Pre flowers grow at branch internodes just behind the leaf spur or stipule around the fourth week of veg. But i see you have a clone that will show preflowers sooner, so look for the pre floweres on your clone to help ya a bit to see what your looking for on your seedling. After your first grow you should be a pro at determining sex from pre flowers , just got to see it the one time then its easy. good luck racer x :goodjob:

Thanks I might paint everything white the walls and sides, yes tomorrow will be one month for the clone. Yes ill be a pro im looking forward too buying auto female seeds online very soon and start another grow. these plants were right out of the bag and everything ive smoked the past months. thank you

Bought Seeds online and there being shipped out within 24 hours. cant wait until there here.

Papaya

10 seeds

Yield
500 / 600 (g/m²)

THC Level
Extreme High

flowering
Short (45 - 55 days)

Strain
Indica

Hey racer x, looking great!! Just a quick suggestion if you dont mind. The 5000k CFL's dont provide much usable light for plants. Cannabis plants like opposite ends of the spectrum, blue for veg, and red for flowering. The 5000k cfls fall right in the middle of the spectrum, therefore they dont provide the proper color waves, rendering the light basically useless for plants. Your T8's and 6500k CFL's will do just fine man I'd remove the 5000k's and save a bit of money on the electric bill. Hope this helps a bit-
BH

I have a update. one of my plants are showing signs of a female. its the oldest one im so happy.post pictures later tonight

Back
Top Bottom