DankDragons First Grow

I have also had this up curled leaf thing. I grew "the church" a few year back and each morning wen I would open the door and turn on the light they were like yours. I guessed they were reaching up for the light they were craving. I had light leaks in the top of that box at the time so I think mine could see light threw the leaks in top of box and tyred to reach it all night.

U not got any light leaks have u

hows the plants doing mate, just trying to get caught up with all these journals so just having a quick flick through the pages,

you know your going 12-12 to show sex, well to be honest they dont show sex that much quicker to be fair, a plant needs to mature before it shows sex and they do this in veg schedule, the only schedules i find that take longer to show sex is 24-0 which seems not to show sex until you flip 12-12, 20-4 seems to take a long time as well, but 18-6 or 17-7 seems to show sex around the same time as going 12-12 from seeds, my plants under 18-6 usually show sex at around week 6 or when their about 1ft high, plants are usually mature at about week 6 depending on strains, indicas usually show sex early, well at least mine seem to, the sativas seems to take a week or 2 longer and they also take longer to flower.

your ok going 12-12 till they show sex so stick with that if you are going down that route but i find the difference is not much compared with 18-6, both mature around week 6 from seed and both schedules show sex at pretty much the same time, all plant show sex in veg so you dont need to have them under 12-12 to sex them, females will grow the pistils during veg at the nodes and the males grow bunches of grapes which wont open until you go 12-12,

looking back through the pics are you over watering by any chance, some of the problems you was having a few pages back seem to be due to over watering, its best to let the growing medium dry out before each watering, the roots need oxygen as much as they need water so its best to let the medium totally dry out between waterings,

this time round ive tried something different, i usually water every 4 or 5 days but ive let them go longer this time round and let the pots totally dry out so when i pick the pots up they weight nothing, my plants seem to be growing twice as quick now im letting the soil dry out more

I have also had this up curled leaf thing. I grew "the church" a few year back and each morning wen I would open the door and turn on the light they were like yours. I guessed they were reaching up for the light they were craving. I had light leaks in the top of that box at the time so I think mine could see light threw the leaks in top of box and tyred to reach it all night.

U not got any light leaks have u

i have VERY MINUTE leaks... but my dark period lines up perfectly with day and night so there isnt any estra light to reach for.. that and my windows are covered in insulation to cut down my elec cost

Stoner theory time... Ive seen this happen to a couple of mine and I think its them telling us they want to grow. IMO plants grow better in the dark after a good day of photo work. Everytime I see my girls do this, the next day tey have explosive type gowth. BTW, good weed sir. :)

No plant of any variety will show flowers or pre flowers until its ready. Unless it feels its about to die and in this case the plant goes through an extrmely stressful period in order try and produce a flower before destruction.Also you will be adding considerable time onto the grow as the plant would slow growth between switching to flower and back to veg. Keeping the plant on a normal light schedule until its large enough to take a clone from then sex the clone while the mother continues its veg. Just my opinion.

No pictures in over two days Dank! What happened to that camera you bought? :reading420magazine::nomo::hmmmm:

WE:yahoo:WANT:yahoo:PICS:yahoo::rocker:

Anyway, I hope all is well with your seedlings.

everything is fine, i will get pics later, the kush deed is at the top of the soil (about to pop fully through) cant wait to see her... smell is starting to show on LO she is DEFINITELY a skunk strain.. i love the smell of her leaves... and i hope the kush comes out fighting like LO did... thinking of everything (LO is sativa, kush is indica,) they SHOULD be ready to flower at about the same time :):):) cant wait to see how i do.

pics to come later.. thank you AG for the well wishes

You are welcome, and I'm glad they are doing well! I know what you mean by the smell of the leaves:yummy: I feel like when you HST your plant like topping it that smell becomes a little stronger! I noticed that recently with my Bubbs ;)

i am not flowering yet jaga.. she is only in 12/12 so i can verify sex.. then she will veg some more im just making LO is female

Yep I got that it,s just IMHO putting her on a flower cycle then putting her back to a veg cycle well I would be worried about a good
girl going Hermie
Still I am sure that it also could work its just the possible side effects of giving her man bits.
When you switch to 12/12 it trigger the plant to flower then if you do this an then give her veg light she may stress too much an decide
she will man up an make her own pollen:straightface:

Back
Top Bottom