CrazyCarl's First Grow LED 100% Indoor

Crazycarl

First this is a LED grow and will be 100% I have seen others that start then finish with other lights added. I wanted low power use and like trying new tech. Also I will be updating everything on first page here. So if you stop by and it looks like I am not all there I will be getting this journal moving along. So check back and leave feed back please

What strain is it? Hawaii Maui Waui from nirvana The other got it at home will post

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? The Maui Waui is mainly Sativa the other Hybrid What percentages?

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? just starting right now from seed

If in Veg... For how long? Plan to get them little height and then go to 12/12

Indoor or outdoor? indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Strait happy frog organic I plan to do no mixing.

If soil... What size pot? Will get in tinny starter pots ATM

Size of light? Pro grow 180 I have another cheap LED in my Veg/Start box cheap 14 watt from Amazon

s it aircooled? Yes

Temp of Room/cab? Seems to be running in mid 80's

Any Pests ? Not ATM

How often are you watering? As needed

Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula

That is the basic there

Pretty much I decided to grow my own because of my wife. She smokes too much we live in legal state and both have our papers/card ect ect. We get to have like 20 or so plants . I was originally going to buy a grow box like those costly units that have everything. After research and reading here I decided to build my own because you guys told me that by the second grow you will have modded most of the original box. Oh yea it has to be stealth too. We have teen daughter that does not know we smoke and have a sister in law staying with us atm. I don't want any smell either as my neighbor 30 feet from my grow is a cop. We are state legal but I still don't like anyone knowing my business.

So I started buying and getting parts. I got a fan Active Air Inline Fan 4" 165 cfm and filter for smell PHRESH FILTER 4X12IN. For lighting I have Pro Grow light 180 and HQRP 225 LED Blue + Red Indoor Garden Hydroponic Plant Grow Light Panel 14 Watt 12V .

IMG_20130630_1146331.jpg

This is the cabinet I had and looked over seemed like It would work great
IMG_20130630_114653.jpg

Before modding
IMG_20130706_153113.jpg

Adding spaces and enclosing
IMG_20130710_181937.jpg

LED light Pro Grow 180
IMG_20130710_181956.jpg

All sealed up
IMG_20130710_182033.jpg

Door open
IMG_20130710_182042.jpg

Open but closer
IMG_20130710_182107.jpg

my lady's
IMG_20130711_071025.jpg

This morning after their first night under the LED's

Your probably wondering why there is 8 pots. I plan to take to 2 strongest of my 2 strains I am growing. The others will got to a friend who has a out door area to grow a few in. Any questions please ask

What I have learned so far . My exhaust fan is too much fan and louder than I like. If I were to do it over I would get light and just couple PC fans which I have anyways moving air around. Right now with my fan set up I will just have main fan clear my closet out every few hours. I also have gallon of Ona Pro Gel for smell too. Then run PC fans to move air around.

I started them the classic paper towel methoud on the night of the 6/6/2013 then moved them to dirt on the evening of the 6/8/2013. Then added the veg/start light last night 6/10/2013 . The one that is poking out is a local growers hybrid seed. They are suppose to be feminized we will see once I flip to 12/12

My goal is get a couple OZ's of good bud and get my box set up so I am basically harvesting one plant a months around a OZ a month. That should be plenty for me and the wife. Anyways thanks anyone than hops on for this ride.

Any suggestions ect pleas add

Oh couple notes to finish up top area I plan to us to dry. My air flows in from top and vents out the back side of the flower chamber. This also dumps back by my dogs kennel area that way my two funky out door dogs are scrubbing smell too. The CFL you see in the picture was bought for the veg/start area it was too big and I really wanted to stay LED. I have it just for in case the LED was to drop.

Ok

Second strain is called Blue Alien it is a DJshorts blueberry (pre-99) crossed with AlienKush (F2) they are from local grower. Only concern is 3 of these have not poped their heads out yet. On the flip side I got like 14 seeds for 60 bucks. I also could have hurt them planting being a noob.

White paint yea got gallon of roof paint. I was a little upset I did not get it painted but to be honest with the fact I still lining my fans and air movement out I am glad I waited.

This morning they were looking good . The biggest one is leaning toward the light. The cheap LED does not spread the spectrum around as much so seemed to be leaning toward s diode it liked. When I get that light mounted up higher they will not lean as much. On the plus side the biggest one is strong. No flex like a tree. Been running fan blowing across them so they are strong. I had one of the Maui Waui with little yellow on tip of first leaf . I figure probably from my noob planting. Need to start to research when to start feeding them more than just water. Oh and tray they are in was empty this morning so gave it some and little to my girls. I hope those other 3 pop today or might have to start a couple more for my out door partner.
IMG_20130711_175519.jpg

You can see everything has started to grow up minus those 3 BA's
IMG_20130712_062757.jpg

Temps and Humidity seems good
IMG_20130712_063202.jpg

Out of the lights looking good was just reading too the 3 no shows could take few days to over week also I touched them so who knows.
I do know that the others look good minus the one leaf with little yellow on it.

Oh yea sorry if photos are fuzzy dam cell phone camera

Subscribed & rep - That is some really impressive carpentry what you did to that cabinet.

I am really interested to see how the LED only goes, so I hope you stay true to 100% only LED. I recently got my first grow going and was debating between LED or digitals and ended up going with the digitals only because they were so much cheaper!

When are you going to make the decision as to which two plants to keep? What kind of determining factors are you looking at?

I am rooting for the Tahoe OG! (she would probably do well being an indica in that space you have too)

Ok sorry for lack of updates been busy weekend and will be for next few weekends

Well got home everything looks good. I got one of the BA that is a no show. I plan to take couple of those seeds and start them for my out door partner. I spent Sunday working on fans and think I have good lay out on those. I put 2 PC's up top moving air into the dry top area. The 2 fans in each chamber too. Then removing the original vent fan that was way too big. Found a 12 volt one for boats to clear out fumes in engine compartment. Seems to work will see hums a little more than I want. Might try some dynamat place to absorb some noise on that fan.
IMG_20130714_083817.jpg

IMG_20130714_083922.jpg

IMG_20130714_083925.jpg
IMG_20130714_083941.jpg
IMG_20130714_183614.jpg
IMG_20130714_183608.jpg
IMG_20130714_183618.jpg
IMG_20130714_183623.jpg
IMG_20130714_183627.jpg
IMG_20130715_061605.jpg
IMG_20130715_061610.jpg
IMG_20130715_061621.jpg
IMG_20130715_061631.jpg

This is Photos from this weekend. I was funny yesterday when I had them out working on my box . I had them in a corner they would lean toward the sun they I would spin them and they would start leaning to the sun every time.

Looks like you're making some steady progress. I'll definately be interested to see how your LEDs come out.

I turn my window lickers during the day as well, it's fascinating to see how plants will adjust to get the most light they can. It's logical and easilly understandable, but still fascinating.

I'm not sure about price, it's always hit and miss on these, but there is an RV fan called "Fantastic Fan" that I had in a couple RVs years ago. These things were low power draw, 12v fans and I've never seen a light weight and quiet fan move so much air. When they say "cyclonic action", they mean it. It's all I ever had to run when smoking in the RVs, it would catch all smoke and evac it and keep a nice breeze rolling through the 36' RV. Just a thought... I've been toying with it when thinking about building a breeding cabinet over the winter.

Day 9 PM Veg

Nothing new checked on my girls. Those 2 that are no show or not moving are still doing nothing. I added 2 more pots with a seed ini each that way I got enough for my out door partner. I watered them then ph-ed some water down a little. My home water is pretty dam good ph around 7 and low mineral content under 200 PPM. So moved it down just little that way they see a variation. I close to moving the plants that are growing to their own tray and start feeding them a little.
IMG_20130715_181838.jpg
IMG_20130715_181843.jpg
IMG_20130715_181848.jpg

This is the biggest and first of the BA to show good life. The tahoe is still stretching like crazy. I added the fan back in so they have some wind hitting them so they are strong.

Day 10 PM veg from seed

Looked in they looked good not water in the evening. I decided it was time to get them under some real light so hooked my main LED up and put them under it on Veg mode. From my understanding the flower LEDs are not used during veg ? So just need the veg LED's ? Then run the flower with the veg when I switch them.

IMG_20130716_181059.jpg

IMG_20130716_181103.jpg
IMG_20130716_181109.jpg
IMG_20130716_181109.jpg

IMG_20130716_181109.jpg
IMG_20130716_181146.jpg
IMG_20130716_181144.jpg
IMG_20130716_181149.jpg
IMG_20130716_181153.jpg

Oh yea I got a fan going bad which chaps my ass as they are new fans not ones I savaged off a old PC. Would not be half bad if they were not pretty sealed in there. I got a bigger one and might just buy a couple that move more air they seem little light for main intake. oh and changed lighting last night to 18 on 6 off

Looking good Carl im subbed and some reps coming your way for the nice diy growbox. you mentioned not knowing when to start feeding them, Ive never used happy frog but it already has organic nutes in it right? so dont feed them anything until they tell you they need it, they will start to pale a bit, take them out of the box to get a look at them in regular light to see it better.Its going to be awhile before they need anything though, probably a month or so depending on what size pots you transplant them into. hope this helps, welcome to :420::)

I think you should pour out the no show seeds and see what is going on with them.

If they have big taproots that are just curling around or something funny just replant them. If they have nothing put them in a cup of water to try and make em sprout.

Water cup seeds are basically 100% sprout as long as the seed was mature. Dont worry about "touching" them with your hands or fingers. You just need soft hands and to not crush them.

When I got seeds I put them in water for 2 days all the way up to a week. then i pop them in soil with tap root pointing down and gently cover them over with a small bit of loose soil. Then within 1-4 days they break out of soil.

Also you should imho transfer your seedlings to something bigger. Those are really small and even now it will inhibit root growth and slow the plant. Its quite possible its to blame for the stretching too.

Another noob tip you may or may not know. For keeping your plants a safe distance from the lights (but not too far either), you want to put your hand right over the top of the tallest plant. If your hand is hot its too close and you need to back the light up.

Notes taken . I do plan to look at those 2 that have not popped and see what went on if I can or get them to go. The one is a stem sticking out but no leaves have shown up. Yes I did use frog farm organic I will read the bag. The containers they are in right now are ones you should be able to just plant. You know those for starters the meshish that you can plant and the plant just grows out of it. I still might replant. I got a little trip and I am gone for almost 2 days but back on Saturday.I am hoping to finish the box on Sunday and have my main plants in dixe cups ready to head to the ground or their final pots. When they are ready

I also ordered 2 more lights LED growlight read his reviews and grows Growing Marijuana with LED, Growshow. Wish I would have found his site before I bought the one I did but you live and you learn. I think these two lights in my main chamber with the one I got now up top and I am good to go. I just need to grow weed for a year to get a return.

Back
Top Bottom