Stealth First Grow

Whats goin on everyone, I have an update.

eitay69: Thanks man, yes I'm using all cfl.
brider: Thanks alot
Keith: Thanks as always bro

I purchased an ONA block. Its killed the smell quite well. She really reaks now. Smells less like plain herbs, and more like a skunky/kush smell.

I did the whole bonsai thing about 2 days ago. Untied the plant, took her out and pulled off the roots that had gotten bound. I put about 4 inches of fresh soil in the pot, and placed the bush on top. The roots were bright white and very healthy looking, except the fact they were bound. Hopefully this process wont make her go bubba if ya know what I mean. :smokin:

Plant bounced back nicely from the shock
00814.JPG

00620.JPG

^ The stems are beginning to turn red/violet.

She grows short and stocky, and the leaves are very dark like an Indica. On the other hand, the leaves stay skinny like a Sativa. My best guess is its an Indica dominant cross. Can anyone shed some light on this??

Trichome devlopment:
Fwink6.jpg

Fwink5.jpg

:dreamy::dreamy:

ONA is awesome man.

I use the block in my veg closet, and it does excellently.
was at the shop with my buddy (of off-site 12/12 room fame) earlier today looking at scent stuff- and instead of getting a fan, ducting, carbon filter etc, got the gel.

I kid you not, within 3 minutes of having that thing partially open, I couldn't smell the flowering plants that I was looking at.

love that stuff.

That's one very cute little lady...nice job :grinjoint:

Peace :roorrip:

Alright guys and gals, its been 5 days and time for an update!

Day 40 from seed.
01191.jpg

12011.jpg

12116.jpg

0371.JPG

Here are a couple of problems I've been running into for the past week or so.
Some sort of olive green/brownish growth on the leaf tips. It's only on a few
of the fan leaves. All of the fan leaves are curling badly. I'm gonna let her get
extra dry before the next water and see if that helps.
I'm feeding her Botanicare Pureblend Organic each watering:
20ml/gal of Pro Bloom 1.5-4-5
10ml/gal Liquid Karma 1-1-2
Soil ph is at 6.5

0145.JPG

00816.JPG

Thanks StonerGrower, I think the various deformations are due to the root trim. The growth stopped for a while, so I think shes having trouble sustaining all that vegetation with such a small container. I am beginning to know what you mean on the bagseed. On my outdoor grows a while back, the deformations weren't monitored very closely if at all, so I'm new at diagnosing problems.

Well, all the fans have succomb to the mystery disease. I gave her the last trim.
The new leaves around the buds have started to show signs of "the sickness" as well.

I'm gonna chop each bud as the sickness gets near.
I've been flushing for 3 days now.
Just a guess but I think I'm in for about an eighth yield-wise.

Does anyone think these buds will be smokeable? They have masses of trichomes with caps, but they are mostly clear and I have no idea what to expect in terms of potency. The terpenes are really gettin strong now, it smells very nice. Spicy citrus when you smell the buds, but the overall smell is still skunky.

0223.JPG

She looks cute after her trim
0156.JPG

I'll have pics up when I do decide to chop...

I'd be very surprised if that girl didn't have excellent effects. She's very pretty. If you can, let her dry and cure properly. :peace:

I had to chop one early at 35 days or so and it tasted well and gave me a very giddy heady high.

As far as the mystery disease..

Anytime I had anything funky going on it was almost always a pH problem. Have you been checking this? A good digital meter is best. I found those cheaper analogue ones aren't accurate enough. You need to check your run off with neutral 7.0 water and then determine whether your soil is sweat or sour and adjust with ph up/down accordingly. Sweet being alkaline and sour being acidic. Cannabis likes it slightly sour. Your runoff should be 6.4-6.8. Anything outside this range will result in lockouts of certain nutrients and your plant will start to show signs of deficiencies. I have found that over time as peet moss break down it causes the ph of the soil to drop below tolerable ranges. I had to add lime to my FFOF to keep it stable.

Good luck bro.

Try to let it go as long as you can. You problems may also have stemmed from getting bound up and having to trim the roots. I'd imagine you want to try to avoid that in the future. ;)

Nice micro grow though. I believe if you had a little larger pot, you could have taken her to the end.

You certainly did the most with what you had. Great work brother!!

:peace:

Harry

Freak: Thanks for checkin my thread out man. Thanks for the compliments...

Ms.Fox: Thanks as always!

McBudz: I'm off to buy a digital PH meter at the hydro shop tomorrow. I have been testing the soil using a kit, but I would love to know the PH of my runoff and things like that. Soil has been at a steady 6.5 all grow, but it is getting more acidic over time. Like you said it's the peat, and I was expecting this to happen... Just didn't think it would kill my plants so quick.

Harry: I'm gonna let them go as long as possible for sure. I think I'm gonna cut them when the leaves on the buds turn brown and start to die... I do not believe they would be very good to smoke after that.

SG: Yeah that was my first reaction, to flush. I've been rigorously flushing for 48 hours... I'm gonna keep it up till shes done, just to get the nute taste a little more subtle.

I just though of something the sickness might be from... When I topped the plant, the knife was not sterile. Could I have transfered some sort disease onto the plant as a result??

Got some beans sprouting. It's getting cold here and they took a little while to sprout(3 days soak, 3 days in soil) but I think there gonna do just fine. One seems to be curled up though...

00918.JPG

01014.JPG

Dont flush like that, it will drown your plant and kill it. Only flush with 3x the water of the pot size.

It is possible you could of transfered something but I doubt it...Did you use the knife on any other plants?

SG: Yeah that was my first reaction, to flush. I've been rigorously flushing for 48 hours... I'm gonna keep it up till shes done, just to get the nute taste a little more subtle.

I just though of something the sickness might be from... When I topped the plant, the knife was not sterile. Could I have transfered some sort disease onto the plant as a result??

hah, yeah I haven't been flushing that much. Sorry, I over-exaggerated that. I run about a 1/2gal of pure water through her when shes in need of fluids...
As far as the knife, no this is the only one I've had to cut.

Back
Top Bottom