First Grow - Indoor Closet (Tangerine Kush)

mischief

Hey all this is my first grow and i am really looking forward to keeping this grow journal. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

I am starting out with a bag seed my friend got from some tangerine kush. Unfortunately i only have this one seed to work with for now but hopefully i will be picking up some clones soon.

For soil i picked up some FF Ocean Forrest and mixed it approx 80/20 with some pearlite. I inserted the already germinated seed about a half inch down into the dry soil this morning a gave it a tiny bit of water.

For lighting i am using CFL's for the vegging stage for sure and maybe for flowering too. For this first vegging stage i have 2x 23 watt 1600 lumen daylight CFL bulbs about 2 inches above the soil. I have several other CFL's many in different spectrum's that i have ready as you will see in the pics below, but i don't think they are necessary yet.

A few questions:
As you can see the walls are already painted white, but they are kinda of textured as well. Do you think i should try to put up tinfoil on the walls?

How often should i be watering my plant at this early stage and how much water should i be giving it? (its in a pretty big pot, i think 8 in)

grow1.jpg

grow22.jpg

grow31.jpg

Re: First Grow - Indoor Closet w/ CFL

Looks like a great setup man,
Clean and simple I like it...

My suggestion would be to get more than 1 plant going!!!
Your vegging the plant and it wont show sex for a while, so to increase the likelihood of getting a female, I would at least get 1 more plant in there. Make sure its not in the same pot though... It looks to me like you could fit 3 or 4 plants in there. It would be a squeeze, but will turn out to be very worthwhile in the end!:grinjoint:

Your going to need to pick up or order some nutes. I recommend FF or Botanicare.
Also, the white walls should be fine, but just to be sure, you could cover them in emergency blankets. They work much better than alum foil.

Re: First Grow - Indoor Closet w/ CFL

thanks for your comments Doctor Dread. I am definitely planning on getting more then one plant going. I have 3 other pots and am planning on picking up 3 clones possibly later tonight to fill them with. This closet definately has potential. Its much larger then you see in the picture with another level on top of what you see as well as an identicle space on the opposite side. It even has a hole to the attic in the ceiling for ventilation options. If all goes well, i will hopefully be getting an HPS for the flowering stage.

i already have some FF Grow Big nutes for the veg stage, i think that should be fine until flowering?

I'll post more pics later once i add the clones...

until then ill leave you with a pic of some Blue Dream i have been smokin. I hope one day i will be able to grow stuff this good.
blue-dream.jpg

Wow man, beautiful nug you got there. Your Growbig will be great until the flowering stage.
Sounds like your set to grow some killer plants!

Looking good, nice nugget you got there. I would use something like a twist-tie or something to bring the 3 lights you have there very close at the bottom so they are all over that pot. You can have them spread apart a little more when the plant starts to veg and spread out a little.

Killer nugage, good luck with your grow man.

So i picked up a blueberry clone from a friend tonight, it doesn't look like the healthiest clone ever but i'm sure it will work fine. It looks like he trimmed the tips off one of the leaves, any idea why he would have done that? there is also a little bit of white mildew looking stuff on one of the leaves which is a mystery to me, hopefully you can see it in the pics. Anyways, i brought it home, transplanted it, and gave it a little water. Hows it look?

grow4.jpg

grow5.jpg

trimming the leaves on a cutting like that reduces transpiration, and reduces the amount of vegetation that the plant has to support with a non-existent root system.

did the clone have roots? if so, that plant has potential to be huge in 2 weeks.

yes the clone had some smallish roots, i was a little bit unsure of how much water to give the clone right after transplanting it since it came from a hydro clone setup. Should i have completely saturated the soil even though its in a largish pot for its size.

make mud? not really.
water till you have runoff out the bottom of the pot? not a bad thing at all.

the clone looks healthy. right now it is growing more roots, but soon you should see some foliar production.

as far as the white stuff, get it off! mist the leaf down or something.

good luck man.

a little hydrogen peroxide or baking soda in water spray on the leaves it raises the ph killing the mold it looks like powder mold but mine was worse. freaknature told me about the baking soda in water but he says to add a dot of liquid soap but i was afraid to do that. i used hydrogen peroxide and killed my powdermold. it looks good should take off in the ff ocean. runoff from watering should be only 2cups or so.

mischief- yes and no. water droplets CAN magnify light, but all light is not equal. Fluorescents, esp. the CFL's, diffuse light a lot, so I wouldn't worry about it.

you get an HID and then you should be wary of that sort of thing.

These pics are 5 days after i planted the tangerine kush seed and transplanted the blueberry clone. Initially i was a bit worried about the clone because its stem turned a deep purple and the leaves started to change color a bit. But although the stem is still purple, the new growth looks good so i'm not too worried anymore.
I also added a computer fan as you can see in the pics.
Right now i have them under light 24 hours a day, would there be any advantages to having them veg under a 18/6 or 20/4 light cycle?
I'm thinking about starting some foliar feeding with my fox farm grow big.

grow6.jpg

grow8.jpg

grow7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom