First Ever Indoor Grow

onlypotent420

Hi everyone after reading all over the site I have decided to start a indoor grow myself. I have soaked seed in water over night till they cracked and the place it in a small pot in miracle grow pot soil. For right now it is under a cfl light r20 50 watts 450 lumens I will be GETTIN way more light but I figured that's good for now. I put them in in the pot Monday afternoon and still nothing.
I was wondering should I leave the light on or off ? During this germination stage. Pics later on

Day6 of my first grow seeds have sprouted and are starting to break loose from seed casing I have added more cfl's to a total of three. One 1200 lumen and 2 450 lumens I think this should be good for one plant. I have also added 1 fan adding another in a couple days. I have been doing 24 hours light cycle until first set of true leaves show. Then switching to 18/6 light cycle for remainder of veg. Pictures will be coming soon still kinda iffy about posting pics. But when I get home I will take some snap shots f it. I am growing in mg potting soil for moisture control. Can anybody tell me when it will be ok to start a fert regiment

image737.jpg
image734.jpg
image735.jpg

It sprouted on the ninth with seed casing still covering it and today was open with first set of true leaves idk but are they suppose to be leaning light that

"so far so good" :thumb: but dont feed them yet, there is plenty of nutes in that "MG soil" you are using for now. just good clean water with (ph at 6.0 to 6.5) for soil) is all you will need for 1 or 2 months with "MG potting soil". dont over water either its a very common beginner mistake growing in soil.

As for the new plants, they should be leaning a little towards the light correct? make sure you have the flouresnt light directly above and as close to the plant as possible, once the true leaves start to appear. New babies (seedlings) will stretch like that for there first peak at light, LOL! take some pics of your grow area and the new babies and post em. People will come check out your journal and start giving you advice, Tons of cool People lots of help here!:welcome:

Yeah MG soils are loaded with ferts, sometimes too much. Just be cautious about over watering and things should be fine for about 3-4 weeks. Look forward to the photos. :) I am subbed up. Feel free to check out my grows as I am a soil grower also. The first is completed and was done on a poor man's budget, the second grow is in flower, and the third is in veg. Clickable links in my siggy. :)

"so far so good" :thumb: but dont feed them yet, there is plenty of nutes in that "MG soil" you are using for now. just good clean water with (ph at 6.0 to 6.5) for soil) is all you will need for 1 or 2 months with "MG potting soil". dont over water either its a very common beginner mistake growing in soil.

As for the new plants, they should be leaning a little towards the light correct? make sure you have the flouresnt light directly above and as close to the plant as possible, once the true leaves start to appear. New babies (seedlings) will stretch like that for there first peak at light, LOL! take some pics of your grow area and the new babies and post em. People will come check out your journal and start giving you advice, Tons of cool People lots of help here!:welcome:

Sounds good yes that are leaning towards the lights I found witch light they liked the most and put it directly over it and thin surround it with remaining light temp is sitten at about 78 degrees everything is looking good. Thanks for your post..
image737.jpg
image734.jpg
image736.jpg

sweet got some pics up! :thumb: Looks good nice start bro. A quick suggestion, I would move the center light up just a bit so its little more even with the other 2 lights. See how its blocking some of the light from the other 2 lights from getting in there. From your pics They are very young babies right now, they dont require the max light yet. When you are using floresents you want to stick with a "6500k" blue color temp bulb for the seedling thru the veg stage of growth. Once flipped to 12/12 flowering stage you change some of them to a "3000k red bulbs. By adding them or mixing them in to your light set up gives you a better range of light spectrum that the plant requires during flowering "more red". keep it up looks like your on your way.:goodjob:

Yea I actually just switch it around the middle light was a red light so I put the one of the blue light over it and turned off the red because it was leaning towards the blue lights so yea ill post pics later tonight

So I remembered I planted 2 seeds put I only saw the one so today I was looking at every thing an saw something green barely out the soil it was the other seed bring up the rear it look sickly but I think I can get her up

hey there onlypotent420 and welcome to the great hobby of growing some fine ganja lol. im liking your setup. im fond of the ghetto setup. mines not pretty too look at but is producing some grade A organic bud! keep up the good work and ill be keeping an eye on this grow.
Keep it green man!!

So update an pics I got 2 bigger cfl's today and a light timer until today I had been running 24 hour light cycle
Sunligght now will be
6 a.m. To 11 p.m. During my whole veg stage
image746.jpg

image745.jpg

So we are coming up on two weeks from when I planted on last Monday she has really started to go. third set of leaves are already out and spreading with the 4 set already coming in. Can any body tell me when it will be good to top her I want to do it as early as possible . In just watered her yesterday dirt was dry to the touch about 2in down so I did half a 16 ounce water bottle. I must her every other day. She is kinda leaning a bit so she mite need help standing what do u guys think image780 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
image782.jpg
image783.jpg
image784.jpg
image784.jpg

Get a light breeze blowing near her and her stem will get stronger. :) That is all I think she needs at this point.

Looks good so far onlypotent,

Good advice off Ramrod and Tactical. Main one , watch with over watering soil. They love to dry out and is easier to water when needed than to dry out when over watered.

The Blue CFL will also help with the stem strength as well as the fan :thumb:

Looks good so far onlypotent,

Good advice off Ramrod and Tactical. Main one , watch with over watering soil. They love to dry out and is easier to water when needed than to dry out when over watered.

The Blue CFL will also help with the stem strength as well as the fan :thumb:

Ok kool is it like the one they say is for growing could you give some links to some I would appreciate it

So every one I think I figured out y she was leaning the temp in the room at the time was 71 degrees F so I put an incandescent now it's sitting at around 78 an she's standing y'all also I dropped a Lil fan in for the time being for some Air flow for the stem

Back
Top Bottom