First Indoor CFL Soil Grow Box

Temps are all screwed up I have it in a wide open room the tool Boo it sits in is over a vent but I don't think its helping with warmth much if at all. An im using tap water that's sat out open for over 24 hours. Money got tight so I haven't been able to get supplies yet.

Whats good QC!!!

this is a problem!!! you never want to have your grow in direct line with a vent, heat or cool, they send out dry air. you want to keep the air moist, especially with a seedling...
make sure when you are watering that you feel the difference in weight before and after waterings, it will give you an idea to know when your plant is in need of water!!!

when you planted, what kind of soil did you use?? did you add any perlite or anything to it??? make sure that you keep that light right on top of that baby!!! they need all the light energy they can get!!! and with a CFL you need to keep it about 2-3 inches away from the top!!! Lumens quickly fade on CFL bulbs!!! below 6 inches from the bulb and you have maybe only 300 LUX!!! so make sure you keep that light on her!!! this will also prevent major stretching as well!!!

FAN - this is neccessary to make them stem strong... along with the light, the fan will blow on the stem making it more resistant to being pushed over with wind!!!

Hope this helps a little...

:peacetwo:

IMG_20120103_130529.jpg

IMG_20120103_130546.jpg
IMG_20120103_130619.jpg

Ok well she is still hanging in there an growing just slowly. I was reading around other journals an saw that the purple stem could just be genetics im planning on moving her today. I had a feeling that the vent would be a problem. Im just wondering why the first set of rigged leaves came in right on top of the very first starter leaves. There kinda drooping my girl thinks its the angles the lights are at. Any suggestions anyone. I don't wanna tell her she is right but could careless just don't want my little lady to die

IMG_20120103_130529.jpg

IMG_20120103_130546.jpg
IMG_20120103_130619.jpg

Ok well she is still hanging in there an growing just slowly. I was reading around other journals an saw that the purple stem could just be genetics im planning on moving her today. I had a feeling that the vent would be a problem. Im just wondering why the first set of rigged leaves came in right on top of the very first starter leaves. There kinda drooping my girl thinks its the angles the lights are at. Any suggestions anyone. I don't wanna tell her she is right but could careless just don't want my little lady to die

Whats good QC!!!
yes, the purple stem is usually something that happens to all seedlings, you have to remember, they are receiving their first light as well, it goes away after a while... the first set of true leaves always pop out right after the embryonic leaves (cotlydons) or also known as water leaves!!!
Usually when the leaves droop like that, the soils pH is off, or the seedling has to much water!!! not so sure about with a seedling. but you want to start to let the pot dry out, remember, roots seek out the water, so if you keep the soil moist, the roots won't want to go anywhere... Like I said, a good rule of thumb is to lift your pots...
Also, I think you should have filled the pot up with more soil, the seedling is below the top of the pot, that makes it hard for the wind from the fan or open windows to blow on the little seedling.

IMG_20120107_190945.jpg

ok well I transplanted into a bigger container an the roots seemed to be suffocating eachother all circling the bottom of the pot. Now a day or two later. This pic is the result the green is fading to yellow an I have a few brown spots. I don't know what's going on.
I used the same bag of soil from the start the setup is all the same minus the fact that the pot is different an its not by the vent anymore other then that nothing has changed. Any help once again will be greatly appreciated

IMG_20120130_104555.jpg
IMG_20120130_104442.jpg
IMG_20120129_210926.jpg

ok well here's an update . These pics are from today, she made a great improvement after I trimmed some leaves an gave a good watering. Ill take some pics of the grow area a little later. She has been on a 12/12 schedule now for a bout 1 1/2 weeks. I haven't been able to get a fan in there yet but I jus got a small USB fan to use so I just gotta figure out how to mount it because it doesn't oscillate. Any suggestions guys/ladies? Im thinking of mounting it so it will blow a breeze around and around the grow area. What do u think?

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom