Stealth First Grow

Doctor Dread

Nug of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
This will be my first indoor grow. I have been on the site for a while now and seen some set-ups that make me think I might be able to do this as well. I have a general fascination with growing and bud in general being a long time smoker, so I hope this goes well. My set up is quite small. Due to the limited amount of space I will be starting with a 12/12 schedule and will also give LST a try. I am not really looking to get a high yield out of this grow, but more to learn and experiment with how the plants adapt to the limited amount of space. I have spotted some grow box setups around the web that use a computer case with a light inside. This is what I am aiming for. Ill post pictures of my grow setup when the fabrication is all said and done. Wish me luck.

If I was in a dorm, there would be no way in hell I could start growing. Luckily I'm in an apartment. Security is pretty lax, because my landlord will give me 48 hours notice before entering the apartment. Thanks for the concern tho, good to know people are looking out for me.

14311.JPG

0396.JPG

0078.JPG

00117.JPG

0178.JPG

0137.JPG

First time posting pics to a thread, hope it works...

Should I be using any plant food during this first few weeks? I picked up some all purpose plant food with a 20-30-20 ratio. Let me know what you all think...

What soil will you be using? The nutes you have arent good for veg. And it has high amounts of Nitrogen so I wouldnt use it for flowering either...

Dont feed for the first 2 weeks.

If your using miracle grow soil dont use any nutes at all dring veg.

Alright then, thats the info I was looking for. Ill toss this food and maybe get some with lower nitrogen levels. Soil is a mix my bud gave me. I cant remember everything thats in it or the ratios but i know it has peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, worm castings, among other things.

You need a nute with good amounts of Nitrogen during veg. And a nute with good amounts of Phosphurous and Potassium during flowering.

Alright then, thats the info I was looking for. Ill toss this food and maybe get some with lower nitrogen levels. Soil is a mix my bud gave me. I cant remember everything thats in it or the ratios but i know it has peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, worm castings, among other things.

Thanks for the support man, i appreciate it. I will keep that in mind next trip to the store. also any reason my pics aren't showing up? are they in the approval process?

There will be no veg under 12/12, so you can use what you have, just don't feed them for a week or two and be very careful with watering and nute dose. Too much water and they will stretch.

I would dilute the nutes to 1/4 str and use it at 2 weeks, maybe a week 1/2.

I think you will have a problem keeping even one plant in that small space, but we will see!

Boss, your right about the space. My original idea was to move the light to the left once they reach a foot or so but I'm pretty sure I'll have to abandon the box when they get too large. Maybe I can keep improving on it and make it my permanent veg/cloning box if i decide to take some cuttings. The main problem I'm having right now is HEAT. I need to devise some sort of exhaust system thats more extensive than a small computer fan... I'm open to suggestions.

I would think that fan would be pleanty enough to keep the heat down. Do you have an intake on the opposite side of the box that allows for air flow instead of the fan just trying to form a vaccum inside the box?

Hey guys I forgot to tell you all what seeds I'm using. They are bagseed, but I am lucky enough to know the person who grew the herb. The particular strain is not known, but it is very skunky and has a very pungent smoke. here are some pics of a nug that the seeds came from.

Fwink.jpg

Very potent herb, soaring high that lasts for hours. massive crystal count.

Fwink1.jpg

Fwink2.jpg

enjoy... I know I sure did :ganjamon:

StonerGrower, I have a funny story about the two plants in that pot. I was originally planning for 1 plant 1 pot. I germinated 4 seeds, 3 cracked. I planted all 3 to see which ones were the strongest. Over the next few days all 3 sprouted and it was obvious 2 were the largest. I plucked the one that was just a small root and threw it on the counter and went out for the night. I came back the next day and saw it sitting there. I started thinking about the fact that having 3 plants would increase the chances for a better m/f ratio, so I decided to put it back in the dirt to see if it would sprout. Not only did it sprout, but its caught up with the others. I am planning to re-pot all of them this weekend. The one on the left is the one thats had 1 day less soil time.

1973.JPG

Fwink3.jpg

I also finished the set-up. All there is to do now is wait... I added another beefy fan to keep the air moving through the box. Before I had the fans in there, the lamp was heating up to the point where I was going to abandon the grow due to safety. With the addition of these fans the lamp never even gets warm.

1861.JPG

I used an old cell phone charger to power the fans. They turn off with the light. Somewhere on this site I read that warmer temperatures during the dark cycle can reduce plant size? Anyone have any ideas on that? I'm about to find out for myself.

1892.JPG

Air goes in

1982.JPG

Air goes out

19311.JPG

The meaning of stealth...

19212.JPG

Now all I need is some DWC action up in this bitch and i'll be good... hah BTW the cost for this setup so-far is $11.61 for the bulb/socket, and the timer. I had everything else just sitting around not being used. Going to school full time and payin them bills has forced me to follow in Boss' footsteps... This is the ultra-poor man's grow! Oh, and on another note, I know alot of you guys are out on the west coast. This spring im moving into my friends place in Hollyweed California to attend the Musicians Institute. I'm looking forward tokin up with you all once I get out there!

The soil i was using was mostly peat, and had trace elements of castings, perlite and vermiculite. I decided to re-pot and do it right. I went to the store and picked up some Foxfarm ocean forest soil. I hope it will get this grow headed in the right direction. Anyone else had success with this particular soil?

th_1221545820_002.JPG

New setup

00512.JPG

I decided to give my friend the third plant. He's got a lot of space and an old grow light, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Makes me sad to let it go.

Thanks for the concern man, hermies are the last thing I need. During the dark hours there are no light sources near or around the box. I have it in a closet with a blanket draped over the top.

Back
Top Bottom