Stealth First Grow

Good luck with your grow Dread, looking good.Plants love oceanforest

SG, thanks as always. MOTA, thanks for stoppin by brotha.

Bored:

0591.JPG

nice little baby there.

Are you goin to a 12/12 to keep it small?
and have you added anymore CFL's? or are you just gonna be using that 1 for now?

Good luck and once again i like the setup

They have been on 12/12 since the beginning. When I am home, I place another cfl in the box, but due to the fact I cant secure it anywhere, I take it out when im not around. I will attempt to do the impossible and try to keep at least 1 plant in the box untill the end. Things are bound to get interesting, and I will re adjust my lighting scheme accordingly. I was spying a tube flouro at home depot the other day that would be perfect to mount to the top of the inside of the box once space is severely limited (which i know it will be). A few more nodes and it will be time to begin subtle lst. I water them about half way through the light cycle daily if the soil isn't moist when i probe it... lol The growth rate is climbing, and they seem really healthy. Ever since they were transplanted into the Oceanforest, they have been lovin life...
How soon should I expect to see sex on 12/12 from seed? I am thinking 2.5 weeks maybe 3...

Sounds good man.

I think you should see sex anywhere from 21 - 28 days. (I read that somewhere)

Time for a small update:
I put together a makeshift CF reflector today. On a post about CFs, I read that the sides of the bulb give off much more light than the top, and mounting them horizontally with a reflector would be the best method for a small grow area. I know it looks terrible, but the light is now much more concentrated than how I had it mounted previously, and I am able to raise/lower accordingly. The materials I used included cardboard, mylar, paper clips, and a bulb socket. It is very simple, yet effective. I also made a reflector out of a soda can that I will probably use once the plants get bigger because it requires much less space than the cardboard/mylar one. I knew I would have to remove the metal bracket that was in the upper-right corner of the PC box eventually, so while I had the day off work, I went ahead and hacked it off...

00911.JPG

0592.JPG

Time to roast a fat bowl and gaze at the little beauties! :smokin:

0204.JPG

0231.JPG

I can already tell that they are not the same strain... I must have germ'd one skunk seed, and another from some seeds my brother gave me. Pray that he gave me a seed from Vancouver Island Seed co. because that would be the shit! The one on top is indica dominant, and the one on bottom is most likely sativa.

There about 1'' from the light... I was also thinking about picking up some bushmaster to inhibit vertical growth. Do you have any experience with this SG?

0562.JPG

I havent personnaly used it, but it does work. Ive seen grows using Bushmaster and the nodes are more stacked. However having a full spectrum of light will do this just as good. You could also do a small ScroG or LST the plants if height is a real issue.

Yeah I'm gonna do a mini-scrog for sure, I cant wait to see how they adapt to a screen in this small environment.

I can see space is going to be a really big problem....Your gonna need more lights soon. And when you transplant the pots wil have to be bigger in return taking up more space...Its going to be interesting to see how this turns out bro. Usualy when people grow in a CPU case they grow hydro, to avoid transplanting, and pots taking up space...However plants in hydro also grow faster. Theres so many variables when it comes to a good grow.

Yeah I sure do have the odds stacked aginst me, and I think about it every time I glance over at the box. I keep saying to myself, "aint a snowball's chance in hell im gonna pull this off..." But you never know man, I cant help but be optimistic and just live in the moment instead of worrying myself to death about the future complications this damn box will bring. The pots they are in now are a mere 4''. The max I will be able to fit in there is 5.5''. Pretty disturbing huh? In the end I will probably end up getting rid of 1 plant once I know what sex they are and use bushmaster/scrog and see what I can come up with. Maybe I can get 5 grams out of her! lol. Thanks for the concern man. at least I know you have my best interests in mind.

Its deffinately possible to pull off...Only problem is your plants will eventually and deffinately go rootbound...Im sure you will figure something out. Another grow box for flowering might be in order?

Small update
Checked the soil ph, 6.5
Checked the N in soil, read as high...
Giving them some weak nutes.

10111.JPG

10312.JPG

One on the right has curling leaves... its probably just trying to tell me it needs more room for the roots. Anyone have any ideas?

11911.JPG

what if you created a raised bed sort of thing, where the bottom 5 inches of the box were all soil? would push them to grow a big(ish), shallow root system perhaps...

Pre-flowers already!?

0129.JPG

Picked up some Botanicare Pure Blend organic nutes:
ProGrow 3-1.5-4
ProBloom 1.5-4-5
Liquid Karma 1-1-2

Giving them Progrow/LK for another week, then switching to Probloom/LK

Back
Top Bottom