Stealth First Grow

Thanks boss, Im giving them bloom nutes starting today...

Beachside: Gotta be a BIG ol mason jar to grow in. Gotta take into account that it will grow out of it for sure, and constrict the space for it to bush out. Do not allow any light get to the roots as well, maybe tape below the soil line. Post some pics once its a couple weeks in, because that'll be the first mason jar grow on this site... That I know of.

thanks doc i will for sure. a bummer though is my roomate found it and was like get rid em. so it will be on the move to a remote location :grinjoint: i may do a journal not sure how though..

thanks everybody

When I came home today, I checked my plant and she was touching the light!!!
The top was semi-burnt, but I caught it early... I went ahead and pulled a quick FIM. We'll see how she does in the next few days.

Will this make her go herm?

Peace out

Thanks Harry!

SNEAK PEEK TO MY NEXT GROW:grinjoint:
McBudz, you've given me a great idea! I just had a real DUHH moment, lol. I never really thought about the fridgecab, but lucky for me I have a nice fridge to convert into a veg box for my new place...
I think I can get a couple of good mothers on the bottom, with room for seedlings and clones on the back ledge thats about 1/3way up. I'm not going to rush this one, I want it to be the best end result possible(this box is gonna look professional hehe might even make it hydro, who knows...) I'm gonna strip it down and get a plan goin this weekend :cheesygrinsmiley:
Its 2x2x3, pretty big for a mini fridge.
Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

I've had it for a while now and it doesn't cool as well as when it was new. The built in freezer is a POS and it also started humming very loudly in the past few months, requiring me to bang on it constantly. I might keep the cooling element going, but most likely I will just replace it with the lighting setup for max height. My brother has an old 150wMH/HPS conversion ballast that hes givin me, I just need a reflector and bulbs. I'm gonna begin to search for mini reflectors online and elsewhere, so if anyone sees any be sure to let me know!
I'm gonna need help with the ventilation at some point, so suggestions are much appreciated...

I may end up turning this into a micro scrog box sooner or later, but thats for another grow...:ganjamon:

whats up man?
been following your grow its so sketch but legit as hell. great job.

i have that same black fridge with the ledge 1/3 way up and the cooling unit at the top, just noticed today that it can be used as a grow box. was thinking about using cfls and grow about 2 MAYBE 3 plants, if it will fit of course. you think cfls would work good in the fridge?
the inside of mine is also white so i may not need to paint or cover in mylar, save some money to buy some buds.
keep up the good work its looking great

Thanks Fox, Thomas, Stizzle, and Keith! I appreciate all the comments... :grinjoint:

stonedpony: Yeah I agree, its a sketchy setup for sure. My new lighting setup has 2 lights, and no more POS reflector. Im running a 23w 2500k and a 23w 6500k. One is pointed straight at the lower buds, and she loves it... Shes hopefully going into a bigger space in a few weeks, if I can get this damn fridge apart.

About the fridge, I think you could get as many as 2 mother in there comfortably. You will also have the little shelf to put the clones... I am in the process of taking it apart and removing the cooling unit, and all the plastic... When I'm done I'll have a 150wMH/HPS in the position of the freezer, but if you wanted I'm sure you could fit a bunch of cfls in there. Ventilation is gonna be an issue if you keep the thing running... There needs to be an intake and exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom