Stealth First Grow

I think SG is saying to flush with 3x-4x times the pot size with H2O, then return to wet dry. Otherwise, you're just over watering. If the plant looks to be improving from the flush, ease back in on the nutes.

:peace:

Harry

Freak: Thanks for checkin my thread out man. Thanks for the compliments...

Ms.Fox: Thanks as always!

McBudz: I'm off to buy a digital PH meter at the hydro shop tomorrow. I have been testing the soil using a kit, but I would love to know the PH of my runoff and things like that. Soil has been at a steady 6.5 all grow, but it is getting more acidic over time. Like you said it's the peat, and I was expecting this to happen... Just didn't think it would kill my plants so quick.

Harry: I'm gonna let them go as long as possible for sure. I think I'm gonna cut them when the leaves on the buds turn brown and start to die... I do not believe they would be very good to smoke after that.

SG: Yeah that was my first reaction, to flush. I've been rigorously flushing for 48 hours... I'm gonna keep it up till shes done, just to get the nute taste a little more subtle.

I just though of something the sickness might be from... When I topped the plant, the knife was not sterile. Could I have transfered some sort disease onto the plant as a result??

Got some beans sprouting. It's getting cold here and they took a little while to sprout(3 days soak, 3 days in soil) but I think there gonna do just fine. One seems to be curled up though...

00918.JPG

01014.JPG

I bought a hanna champ for 50 and its all whacked out. Can't calibrate it anymore since the calibration screw has bottomed out. POS IMO. I bought a milwaukee ph meter "600" I think is the model on ebay for 25 and its been spot on. I check its calibration every time I use it and it stays within .1. The Hanna keeps going up and up for some reason and I can't calibrate it back to 7.0 anymore. It f'd up my last grow I think. So to make a long story short if you can wait a couple of days check out the milwaukee one on ebay. Its yellow like the hanna champ one and thinner so you can fit it into a narrow mouthed jug to test in the container. :peace:

Harry & SG: Thanks for the flush info... It didn't seem to help, it may have actually sped up the rate of decay.

McBudz: Good lookin out man... I almost got the hanna champ until I checked this. I guess I'll go with one on ebay like you mentioned.

Heres some of the herb that I just put in a jar. Pathetic I know... At least I got a smokable product. Took 3 hits and feel like I got hit in the face! Tastes awful, still very harsh. Hopefully it will fade with a 2 week cure.
When I do get around to smoking it, it will probably last me 2 days but what the hell I had fun and learned a few things while I was at it.
00623.JPG

Thanks everyone who subscribed(as well as all you lurkers out there), I appriciate all the help you've given me!

This concludes this grow. I'm gonna start another journal when my new plants are a few weeks old. Hopefully I can avoid the early harvest and let them swell up before chopping them next time around...

Heck yeah, that looks very smokable to me.

I believe I would have given her one more big shot of flowering nutes and let her go for a few more days to see what happened. She could have used up some of the bud building energy left in those green leaves. If it was low nutes, then flushing would have make it worse. More likely getting bound up was the issue.

I think you did an excellent job and it was the small pot that gotcha.

Can't await to see your next grow!! I'm sure it will be impressive.

:peace:

Harry

Home depot my friend. Isle with all the circuit breakers and electrical gizmos. You can also get Y adapters to split the socket into 2 or even 4 if you like.

I cant believe people still look at this journal... kind of embarrassing to be honest. In case anyone is wondering, the plant problems I had were due to pot size issues and me being an idiot and trimming the roots. Eh, you live and you learn. I guess that's what a first grow is all about... :smokin:

Hey Dr. Dread,

I just joined up here yesterday and was reading your journal, just finished it now. I bet you'll be surprised how many people do the same in the future!

Page 1 to 11, it's a very good grow in my opinion. I know I'm jealous. I've never done that, but I've thought about it for a while now because I have an old Mac just sitting around in my closet.

I have the same concerns as you did, privacy and space, except that I won't even be able to get away with a mini-fridge in our small apt. My closet space is pretty small. I might be able to do two or three computers, though, if I found some more.

Anyway, don't be embarrassed, be proud! Thanks for the great journal!
:adore: :rocker: :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom