Stealth First Grow

Thanks for the tip. Seems like your the only one following my set up so far, just wanted to say thanks man.

check out what im smokin

09-15_17_03_33.jpg

09-15_16_56_40.jpg

09-15_16_55_23.jpg

Yeah its a trial nug from my brothers grow at his crib. He cured it for 2 weeks before letting me try some :yummy:

He got the seeds on his latest trip to Vancouver. Purchased from the Vancouver Island Seed Co. The strain is called Ripper, which is grapefruit x fucking incredible, both being excellent strains by themselves... I guess i'll do a smoke report in case anyone is thinking about ordering from VISC.

Fwink4.jpg

buds are compact and dense, with a scent that is unlike anything ive ever smelled. Reminds me of some kush i had when i visited california this sumer (smell memory kicks ass) with a fruity undertone. The taste is hard to describe in words, but it tastes something like diesel mixed with citrus.
The smoke is heavy, makes me cough up snot, and stunk up my whole apartment with just one hit! When i came back from getting some water, my room smelled like a skunks asshole. Tastes fruity and I'm super ripped off just one bowl and that dosen't happen for me very often... these are some HIGH quality genetics! If you are in BC, hit up VISC for the hook up on some killer strains.

Welcome man and rest assured that people see your jorunal. Some, just as I, are a bit slow in responding. :grinjoint:

Looks good and good luck.

Peace :roorrip:

When you transplant, make sure there is only one plant per pot. I see two in a cup in the photos. It is a good idea to only have 1 plant per pot so they have room to grow.

Hey Doc, I like your setup for under $12 that's awesome! Also cool you gave a friend a plant. Those buds look really nice and thanks for the description on the smoke. I'm not quite sure my neighbors would appreciate the smell :rofl:
but you are making me want to go and get some. I've never heard anything about warmer night temps keeping plant size down...doesn't mean it is not true, I just haven't heard of it ;-)
What kind of music do you like to play?

Sorry for all these boring pics guys. I was planning on waiting untill the plants were 2 weeks old before creating this journal, but since this is a unique grow, I wanted to show the evolution of my grow environment from start to finish... hopefully

Add $8 to the grow. lol I went to the depot and replaced my old 17w 2200k bulb with a brighter 27w 5500k. What is the recommended spectrum for early growth?

I also hacked up my desk lamp with a 15w bulb and placed it to the left of the plants. The more light the better :smokin:

00118.JPG

I'd say the transplant was a success and the plants are lovin the ocean forest.

0165.JPG

The plant in the pic above is the one that was pulled on day 5 and left for dead. re-potted the crusty seedling 24 hours later to see what would happen and it's now the largest plant... these things just cant be erradicated

Some smoke:

0512.JPG

4twenty, I like to listen and play all types of music man. Fav music to jam with my homies, REGGAE.:ganjamon:

nice nug man. Interesting setup. Ive seen boxes like you've made on the net. Always wondered how well they would produce.

Good luck man:Rasta:

ha, yeah mine may not be as intricate, or have a hydro system in it, but it works along the same lines, and is surprisingly efficient. (and it didn't cost hundreds of dollars!).

hey guys, just had a brilliant idea. I was using a first aid kit this morning, and the shiny material of the emergency blanket sparked my curiosity. I opened it up and it turns out that its made completely out of mylar (SCORE 1 FOR THE POOR MAN). It measures 85''x55''. I suggest anyone who needs a cheap grip of mylar, just gank it from the nearest first aid kit and your good2grow.

This is a cool idea. I've been planning to try a stealth grow operation but I've been putting it off until I learn more. So I'll be sure to watch this journal as it progresses.

hey doc. this is a mighty interesting grow! its pretty awesome. i cant wait till we get further in... + reps for you my friend. these buds you are showing are very delicous looking as well. i will follow this journal fo sho.

and bythe way...reggae is where its at!

thanks for the comments guys. Its amazing how fast these plants grow. Every time I open the case after getting off work, the leaves have grown considerably. I gave them their first feed yesterday, very diluted nutes, but nutes none the less... Seeing as though I've never grown any bud except outdoors with no maintenance, I also have a few questions for anyone who might have answers...

Should I begin to feed plants diluted nutes regularly? They are on day 10 from seed.

How early can I begin LST? I want to start as quickly as possible to keep the growth bushy rather than vertical.

Does anyone think plants 12/12 from seed will exceed 2ft in height? I'm banking on FIM and LST to keep the height down.

Last question. What are some odor control methods other than carbon filters? This is a big concern. The WHOLE point of this grow is stealth, due to the fact that if my roommate found out I was growin, he would let the landlord know (Landlord is my roommates father...lol) and I would be on the streets!! I was thinking some kind of odor puck. Ive searched the site and cant find much on odor control other than elaborate exhaust systems with carbon filters involved...

Any thoughts or concerns would be greatly appreciated.
hope these aren't stupid questions... :roorrip:

p.s. Pray for females...

You shouldnt be feeding your plants anything right now if your pictures are current. The proper spectrum for vegging is a blue/green spectrum. Which in your case would be a daylight CFL. You can start to lst once your plant gains a couple nodes in height and branches out a little bit. I would just stick an air freshener in the outlet by your grow. Ozone generators are dangerous if not used properly...Putting any air freshener chemical in your grow space isnt good either. And a carbon filter is not one of your options...

Back
Top Bottom