Grouchygreenz - First DWC Cabinet Grow - NL - LED

Little heat issue on the veg cab. Can't keep it below 85 but res temps cool and have fan going. Will fine tune it all again and keep an eye on res temps. Week 7 starts today woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have a similar issue with heat in my veg cabinet. My veg cabinet has only passive air and no fans. I keep the door cracked open and somehow keeps temps between 68 at night to 88 during the day. When the door is closed tight, the temps are around 10 degrees higher. I know that you want to be discreet so keeping the door cracked may not work but I may have a few other ideas that could help if you need to brainstorm.

Sorry for the delayed response. But you and I are on the same wavelength. I was thinking the same. I've seen people use buckets with a gallon jug of ice inside. Drill a hole on the side for air to enter the bucket and another on the lid. Attach ductwork to top of lid and to the air intake. As your exhaust fan pulls the air out of the cabinet it pulls the cold air in.

Interesting thought but we have very little room inside the veg cab but maybe a small Evap cooler will suffice. Little bud pic update, things are looking mighty frosty!
5e97e5bff6e7ef31bd8b9eeb02ebca37.jpg
dc7629f2c1b6ac7e49b1c1831acf7b90.jpg
65cb4c90e03b151badda73cd749e0751.jpg
8dc725e2d6baea8dc35643bf25614756.jpg
4785040be660f6bc75bcf3e3afad297a.jpg

Looking great I had to edit that last post, my auto correct took over and started replacing words, lol. But you got the idea, it's a inexpensive way to drop the temps. the bucket is usually outside the cabinet with the ductwork, but i like the idea of the small evaporate cooler.

This is a pic similar to what I was thinking but they have it set up a little different

maxresdefault_cf.jpg

Little heat issue on the veg cab. Can't keep it below 85 but res temps cool and have fan going. Will fine tune it all again and keep an eye on res temps. Week 7 starts today woohoo!

A simple and costless idea comes to mind. I am already using 5 litre frozen bottles as condensers as a costless dehumidifier, but if this was placed in front of your fan, it would then act as an evaporative cooler.

I always keep one bottle in the freezer and swap them over when the other has melted, so there is never an issue with waiting time.

Thanks GS, we're watching the trics very closely now need to time the flush right. Was thinking of doing a selective harvest while the gold leaf is vegging which btw is growing very rapidly. However, not too sure how to flush and harvest top half and keep the bottom half going. Def vegged too long even with the ps mini the lower 30% of her isn't gettin much light penetration. Larfy and lime colored down below... any ideas? Here's the GL
420-magazine-mobile1737333975.jpg

Don't mind the terribly low humidity we have to set up the humidifier

Back
Top Bottom