LED Recirc - DWC Tangerine Dream Cabinet Grow

Re: LED Recirc-DWC Tangerine Dream cabinet grow

White Dwarf curing update

Buds have been jarred since 8/3. RH was 61% on 8/6 when this pic was taken (digital hygrometer reading in front right jar).

IMG_26182.JPG

I continue to burp the jars every day or two. This morning the RH was 59%, the first time it has been below 60%. I'll try to take some closeup shots of the curing buds tonight. I would like to have a point of comparison from the last grow when the Tangerine Dream is ready.

Until you find a way to keep your res temp down, I suggest you stick cuttings into coir to keep your strains alive. I maintain only, my strains through summer. Coir forgives, and is the next least expensive media after water(not counting water's required chiller).
No perlite, no vermiculite, just coco coir from compressed blocks.
3.5" sq pots fit 18 in a 1020 tray. 5.5" fit 8 per. :goodluck:

New Advanced Diamond Series 200W on the way

DSCN02714.JPG

I cross-posted this pic from Stevehman's thread. I expect to have mine in a couple of weeks at which point I'll move the 180W to the smaller cabinet. The 200W unit is reported to cover a 2'x3' footprint, perfect for my 18" x 36" flowering cabinet. Interesting difference in setup, I was advised to keep it 36" from seedlings/clones and 18-24" from older plants. Sounds like this unit is going to generate some serious output... :)

Day 7 12/12 Update

So here are some pics of the girls under some white lighting with flash. No signs of flowering yet.

Top view
IMG_26735.JPG

Front view
IMG_26743.JPG

Gotta show some love back to your journal, since you dropped by mines. Plants are looking real nice too. Sorry to see your TD developed root rot, but at least you got some clones for the future. I'm definitely subbed and looking forward to the rest of the grow:popcorn:

:welcome: PilotTalk, thanks for coming by. I have tried DWC in small containers before and knew that even with DM Zone it probably would not work long-term. I had planned to chop that TD plant in to clones after a week or so of veg anyway so no big deal. After I get my new LED and Gigabud seeds I'll be starting another grow in the small cabinet. I plan to add an external reservior and a pump like I have on the other side to resolve DWC issues.

Some issues have appeared- Examine the symptoms and post your diagnosis

Anyone who grows with or has seen photos of plants under LEDs is aware of the pink-purple light they emit. I have only been growing with LEDs for a couple of months. It just ocurred to me last night that plant symptoms are going to appear differently under LED then they would under HID or CFL. All of the colors are off- for example yellow has no color at all and appears whitish under the LEDs. There are some leaf conditions that looked completely different or were less noticable under the LEDs. Nothing alarming (yet!) but signs of any symptom at all should be addressed. In my experience things will only get worse over time if left unchecked.

I would like to invite anyone who is interested to take a look at these pictures (taken under normal lighting) and provide a diagnosis before I give my opinion on the cause and the steps needed to correct it.

IMG_26752.JPG

IMG_26764.JPG

IMG_26772.JPG

IMG_26782.JPG

IMG_26794.JPG

I look forward to your diagnosis and suggestions to correct the condition(s).

OK....I'll take a stab at it....

If I didn't know you were using tap water, I'd say it looks just like a cal/mag deficiency to me.

Since you're not using R/O, I would suspect some PH-related problem. And, since I know you've been on your PH, I'm just gonna ask, have you checked/calibrated the accuracy of your TDS meter, lately?

OK....I'll take a stab at it....

If I didn't know you were using tap water, I'd say it looks just like a cal/mag deficiency to me.

Since you're not using R/O, I would suspect some PH-related problem. And, since I know you've been on your PH, I'm just gonna ask, have you checked/calibrated the accuracy of your TDS meter, lately?

I am using tap water. PH was over 6 for a couple of days, adjusted back in to range at the time of the pictures so I think PH is a contributing factor.

+ rep for the Kripster.

Anyone care to go deeper into what impact that has on the plant based on what the leaves are showing?

Well, when PH goes above 6 in hydro, the first two nutes to get locked out are calcium and magnesium. Everything else would still be available, so I need to go back to the cal/mag, as a result of the PH issue. But, I suspect you think it's something else, or you wouldn't have prodded further! :)

This chart shows that, with hydro, when PH is at 6.0 the ONLY two nutes NOT available are Ca & Mn:

Nutrient_Chart1.gif

Well, when PH goes above 6 in hydro, the first two nutes to get locked out are calcium and magnesium. Everything else would still be available, so I need to go back to the cal/mag, as a result of the PH issue. But, I suspect you think it's something else, or you wouldn't have prodded further! :)

This chart shows that, with hydro, when PH is at 6.0 the ONLY two nutes NOT available are Ca & Mn:

Nutrient_Chart1.gif

I did have my own suspicions based on how the leaves looked. I took a second look after reviewing your chart. N deficiency was my first thought:

Nitrogen deficiency (from Internet)
N_Decifient_1.jpg

Now after looking at your chart I can see that N would not be locked out until PH went off the charts. The PH may have gone as far up as 6.5 but no further. K (is for Krip...) is locked out at 6.1 so I am now leaning toward Potassium deficiency as the cause.

Potassium deficiency (from Internet)
K_Decifient_2.jpg

JCool Plant photo
IMG_26772.JPG

Possibly, but I'm still leaning towards cal/mag...

Here's a Mag deficiency:

1134Magnesium-11.jpg

And YOUR first photo above:

IMG_26752.JPG

And, here's an "early" Ca deficiency:

11341134calcium-start2.jpg

And YOUR photo #2 above:

IMG_26764.JPG

NOTE: You probably already have the link, but I pulled the photos from Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Possibly, but I'm still leaning towards cal/mag...

Looks like you hit it on the head! Last night after I adjusted the PH I added 1/3 strength veg nutes into the res to supplement whatever the bloom nutes had left in suspension. This should add back anything that was missing and make sure the plants can get to it.

I'm planning to change out the res and add the recirculating pump in the next day or so which should help keep the PH in a narrower range.

Thanks for your help! :high-five:

I'm liking this thread. Looks like I may learn here. Best wishes on your grow, I'm getting ready to start my DWC soon. Just waiting on seeds and ------------ to arrive then finish my grow room. Hopefully next week it all starts!

I would agree with krip on the cal/mag deficiency. The yellowing between the leaves veins, and the rusty/brown looking color on the leaf margins and tips as well were a give away. Also the leaves look like they're curling up on the rusty/brown tips. Usually when you have this deficiency, the pH is out of range causing the nutrient to lockout just as in the chart Krip posted, or your plant is running out and is saying feed me some nutes I'm lacking. But in your case it looks as if your pH was a bit high causing the nutrients to get locked out. Hope I helped even though you got help already. :peacetwo:

I'm liking this thread. Looks like I may learn here. Best wishes on your grow, I'm getting ready to start my DWC soon. Just waiting on seeds and ------------ to arrive then finish my grow room. Hopefully next week it all starts!

Bassman :welcome:

Thanks for the well wishes, good luck to you as well. Let us know more about your setup as you get things set up.

Back
Top Bottom