1st Time Stealth DIY Cabinet Grow- Hydro/T-5/LED Pineapple Express & Kannabia Special

Re: 1st Time Stealth DIY Cabinet Grow- Hydro/T-5/LED Pineapple Express & Kannabia Spe

Hey Mr. Krip just read through your journal and glad you finally got the LS* germed I have some of them good look to you and your girls :peacetwo:

Re: 1st Time Stealth DIY Cabinet Grow- Hydro/T-5/LED Pineapple Express & Kannabia Spe

:tokin::slide::blunt:

What did I tell you, just a little patients & you would be rewarded! Now I am going to give you a couple of links to really shread your noodle!!! Read through them especially the mellow gold link to the book Marijuana Botany & chapter #4 on Maturation & Harveting of Cannabis, pay attention to light cycle info, pretty interesting shit!!! But I warn you it will start to expand your thinking on the subject!!!:wood::cheer: By the By plant look very healthy:goodluck: Let me know what you think on the info you find from these links!! Happy Grows ~H~

Marijuana Growing Guides - Learn how to grow your own marijuana!

Indoor Marijuana Horticulture - Google Books

:grinjoint:

H - Thanks for the info/links...I'm still going through it all and, yeah, my head is hurting!

All's still looking good starting Pina's 6th day above ground. I lowered the lights a few more inches last night. They're still quite high (18" or more), but would like for the LSD to catch up before I lower them too much.

Here's Pina in all her splendor after five days:

Pina_2011-01-14_01.jpg

Pina_2011-01-14_02.jpg

I'll be doing a res change tomorrow and will up nutes slightly, but again, need to go very slow since the LSD will be going in the same res soon.

Have a great weekend all & thanks for the help & feedback!

:tokin::blunt::popcorn:

Glad you liked the info, you'll find some real good info in there from people a hell of alot smarter then me!! LOL! :cheer:

I am also doing a res change tomrrow with a clearex flush. I started to have some Mag Def. signs(small brown spotting, leaf curl & praying), so put 1/4tsp Epsom Salts per gallon in last night & all looks pretty well today. That is also a reason why I know I need a flush, due to all my issues before will periodically deal with nute take up issues & such until these girls finish!! I will post pics tomorrow of the leaf so you can see what to look for & of course the size & flowering pics as well. :cheer: Plant looks great, just hang in there!! Happy Grows ~H~

H - I understand that when you're using R/O water, you need to add cal-mag since the R/O strips that stuff out. BTW...I think the DMGZ will be here today or tomorrow - just in time for the res change! :)

:slide::tokin: :grinjoint:

You would be correct on that & I did use the Calmag from Botanicare during Veg stage but thought I could get away without it on flower due to the fact not suppose to have to add more with add.27 but these babies were really sick & they will need a little more TLC then I thought. No worries though when you watch them close as we are watching ours(mine & yours) you catch these things early & it is a non issue + I have Epsom Salts & even some Calmag left to use up. It is mostly on the HOG's, they seem to be real nute pigs, lets hope that equates to really big calyxes!!! I sure know it means lots of fricken roots!! I am going to use a 14 gall res next time, got them from Lowes for $3 on sale, just got to drill the net pot holes(think I will use 5" net pots), tape it, & rubber grommet the air line holes, then presto chango 14 gal res!!:smokin:;) :goodluck: Talk to ya soon, Happy Grows ~H~

Sounds like a nice upgrade...don't forget to add a drain, 14 gallons of water is heavy! Water weighs a little more than 8lbs/gallon so you're looking at something over 100lbs when that baby is full!

Pina is now starting her seventh day above ground. She is still looking good but I would have liked to have seen a little more growth. As long as she's alive and looking good, I'm not going to be too picky.

I did a res change today and upped the PPM to 230 which is still only 1/2 the dose recommended for a seedling (1/8 total dose).

Here she is after six full days:

Pina_2011-01-15_01.jpg

Pina_2011-01-15_02.jpg

Pina is now starting her seventh day above ground. She is still looking good but I would have liked to have seen a little more growth.

She's doing most of her work below ground building the root infrastructure at this point. Have the roots hit the res yet?

JC, Nope...roots aren't even showing through the bottom of the netpot yet. That's part of the more growth I would have liked to see! :grinjoint:

OK...It's now Day #8 for Pina. Her first set of leaves are starting to get nice & big, but still no roots showing thru and still not working on her next set of leaves yet. She still looks healthy:

Pina_2011-01-16_01.jpg

Pina_2011-01-16_02.jpg

Day #9 for Pina who's still looking good. Her first leaves are really starting to get big and, although she doesn't have her 2nd set yet, I can now see some very light green in the center of her first two leaves where it looks like some new growth will be coming soon (see last pic). No roots showing though bottom yet and that other LSD still hasn't germinated. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's me or the LSD seeds since the PE's all germinated fine and I'm only 1/3 on the LSD's. I've also been gradually lowering the lights each day and am now about 12" above plants.

Here's Pina this morning after 8 days:

Pina_2011-01-17_01.jpg

Pina_2011-01-17_02.jpg

Pina_2011-01-17_03.jpg

PINA DAY #10

Her first leaves continue to grow and that light-green in the middle is definately her next set of leaves coming up. They're much more visible now, but still tough to make out in the pics:

Pina_2011-01-18_01.jpg

Pina_2011-01-18_02.jpg

The PH has been relatively stable, but still adjust it about once per day, it just doesn't have the wide swings it did before. Still no roots visible from the bottom of the netpot.

The LS* seed still hadn't sprouted, and checked it today. It was same as last one...shot out a small taproot (maybe a couple of mm's) then just stopped growing! :thedoubletake:

I took the seedling out of the STG cube and put it in a peat pot just to see what happens. If it makes it, perhaps I'll keep as a mother in soil. But...just in case...I started germinating my 4th LS* seed. This is the strain I'd really like to get going...actually, it's BOTH I want to get going in perpetual, but this one is really giving me a tough time.

Hopefully I'll have a pic of an LS* sprout to show before the end of the week! :)

PINA DAY #10

Her first leaves continue to grow and that light-green in the middle is definately her next set of leaves coming up. They're much more visible now, but still tough to make out in the pics

Krip I'm sorry to be the one to say it but things appear to be going wrong again. After 10 days you should have a stout seedling with several sets of leaves and a significant amount of root growth out of the sides and bottom of the netpot. I started to see signs of trouble the other day when you posted the first pics of Pina with her leaves wilting down. I blame those STG cubes for your issues- in your configuration they are just drowning the plants. I tried them once myself and couldn't grow sh*t in them. You might be able to save Pina by moving the cube out of the Waterfarm/netpot and planting it in a small pot (16oz plastic cup works great) with some generic potting soil. If you keep the soil a little on the dry side it will pull the moisture out of the cube and hopefully coax the roots to follow. I know this sounds nothing like what you had in mind for your grow but I'm afraid time is short before she gets to the point where she won't be able to recover.

Hey krip...Looking good man.I would half to agree with jcool.Those plugs are hard to use from what I have read.IMHO she is fine. I would let things dry up a little bit and I think you will get a nice growth spurt and roots will start to grow on there search for water.From seedling to veg it can take up to a month depending on ganetics strain and quality of seed.But once roots are established and they hit the res they will explode with new growth.I have a superskunk I started about the same time as you and growth is equal to yours I am just now starting to see roots poking out of the net pot.I tried a new method with my seeds by using rockwool with a little starter soil and placed my cubes in a pot of soil after they had sprouted.I used just water with squirt bottle and humidity dome.After roots started digging in the soil a bit I gently pulled and transplanted into a net pot with hydroton with light nute mix in my veg bucket:peace:

Back
Top Bottom