1st Time Stealth DIY Cabinet Grow- Hydro/T-5/LED Pineapple Express & Kannabia Special

Re: 1st Time Stealth DIY Cabinet Grow- Hydro/T-5/LED Pineapple Express & Kannabia Spe

I really think you ought to reconsider the RO Filter,my friend. I believe it would make a tremendous difference for you, I bought mine on ebay for less the $80 & 4 stage. I had to buy two pieces from Lowes to adapt to my wash tub sink & presto chango! It filter out alot, you don't know what the local H20 Dept does to water they could do what mine does & strip out all minerals & then add in what they want, how they want back to tap. My res runs Lights on pretty consistantly 72f & I have a flex duct to my outside dryer vent with duct fan right into tent & it's frickin 18f outside, LOL! But the DM Gold Range Zone hasn't let me down yet!:morenutes::peacetwo:

Re: 1st Time Stealth DIY Cabinet Grow- Hydro/T-5/LED Pineapple Express & Kannabia Spe

I really think you ought to reconsider the RO Filter,my friend. I believe it would make a tremendous diference for you, I bought mine on ebay for less the $80 & 4 stage. I had to buy two pieces from Lowes to adapt to my wash tub sink & presto chango! It filter out alot, you don't know what the local H20 Dept does to water they could do what mine does & strip out all minerals & then add in what they want, how they want back to tap. My res runs Lights on pretty consistantly 72f & I have a flex duct to my outside dryer vent with duct fan right into tent & it's frickin 18f outside, LOL! But the DM Gold Range Zone hasn't let me down yet!:morenutes::peacetwo:

no shit, they F up our water bad in some places. they add allot of chems and nasty stuff in some areas. i wont even drink the water. my girls seem to love the filter water.

Ya mine is a community well & they filter the iron coming out of the ground then they send it through a few chemical processes to strip all the minerals out & then put back what they want for how they think it might taste. And as you might know deep wells have pythium & they do not filter for it, nor is there a unsafe level set for consumption! So I think that was my #1 first numero uno big fucking mistake not RO'ing My H2O!But I have learned my lession, donot be me learn now!!:hookah::peacetwo:

Purewaterclub.com-good guy, get one!

Believe me, if the hydro doesn't work out, my next try will probably be hempy buckets, but I'm pretty sure I can make this work. I think I just drown my first two expecting that if they were going to be in hydro, they should be able to handle more water than they actually could. Once I get these two seed sprouted, I'm hoping this round will go much better.

OK...time to introduce my new girls...

Here's Pina, the Pineapple Express I started a few days ago:

Pina_2011-01-09_01.jpg

And this is Lacey, the LSD I started one day later. She's a little farther behind and is still germinating in the paper towel waiting for the taproot to get a little bigger:

Lacey_2011-01-09_01.jpg

I did remove the plastic wrap from the top of Pina's container, but she's still in the 2" netpot in the small plastic container surrounded by some of the STG media:

Pina_2011-01-09_02.jpg

I have the lights about 2' above her and you can see the fan blowing, but she's not getting any direct breeze inside of the container:

Pina_2011-01-09_03.jpg

I don't see any roots growing out of the bottom yet. Making sure the cube stays only moist and not soaked!

:goodjob::bravo::yahoo::welldone::hookah:

Now we will keep these alive, won't we(shake your up & down)? Great job looks like we have twins!:goodluck::morenutes::peacetwo:

Medical Marijuana Pateints & Caregivers- the future of & best hope for real MJ Reform in Michigan & the whole USA!:allgood:

LOL...thanks guys...a little early to be celebrating, but I'll take all the encouragement I can get! That being said, I am shaking my head up & down! :)

JC, yeah...a lot thanks to your help. The little surgery on the cube before transplanting saved a lot of surgery on the cube I had last time trying to make sure the seedlings could sprout!

I'll keep updating as things change, but you guys please let me know when I should change the setup (i.e. move the lights closer and/or move to the cloner). Other than that, I'm just gonna make sure the cube stays damp.

JC, yeah...a lot thanks to your help. The little surgery on the cube before transplanting saved a lot of surgery on the cube I had last time trying to make sure the seedlings could sprout!

I'll keep updating as things change, but you guys please let me know when I should change the setup (i.e. move the lights closer and/or move to the cloner). Other than that, I'm just gonna make sure the cube stays damp.

Based on the last pic of your seedling the lights look like whey are in a good position. Too far away the seedling would be stretching, too close and the seedling will dry out and die.

:goodjob:

Thanks JC!

Here's some updates for Pina's 2nd day...

She's starting to reach up towards the light and open her first set of jagged leaves. Seems to be looking good:

Pina_2011-01-10_02.jpg

Pina_2011-01-10_01.jpg

Lacey's taproot hasn't really grown much since I placed her in the paper towels, but it was long enough this morning that I figured I'd move it to an STG cube and under a humidity dome:

Lacey_2011-01-10_01.jpg

Based on Chrgr's recommendation, I will most likely move Pina to the bubble cloner later today.

When I move her to the cloner, should I have the water level touching the bottom of the media or just make sure the media gets hit by the air bubbles (i.e. water level just below the netpots)?

Thanks!

:goodjob::morenutes::peacetwo:

Air bubbles are for oxygenation of water but water is what oxygenates plant!!:hookah: So what do you think?:slide: Happy Grows ~H~

Medical Marijuana Patients & Caregivers- the future of & best hope for real MJ Reform in Michigan & the whole USA!:allgood:

Well, I would think that I need to keep the bottom of the medai in the water then lower the water levels as roots drop, but again, since concensus is that I drowned the plants last time...:hmmmm:

So, exactly how high should I have it? Just touching the bottom of the media? An inch above?

I would, if it was me I would have it just touching so as to have media wick the water to the root until it it seeks out the water on its own. Now was it that you said this media wicks or does not wick? :hookah:

Medical Marijuana Patients & Caregivers- the future of & best hope for real MJ Reform in Michigan & the whole USA!:allgood:

Also was not wise acerering either, want us to fiqure out together!! Then you become your own expert!! But wait a minute then you would never write or call!!LOL:slide::hookah: Happy Grows ~H~

The media is supposed to be NON-wicking.

I don't understand, "Also was not wise acerering"???

None wicking, okay then we want to just touch water & we must keep pheno moist but not wet until it grows through media with taproot to seek water itself! I think we don't cover with wrap or anything but I think we use a spray bottle & very oh so lightly moisten a couple times a day if need with distilled or RO'ed H2O (just when looks really dry). and by moist I do not mean water drops on it all day long but a fresh supple look to plant with absolutely no wilt. You will get the feel for it & once the root hits the water things will get much easier!:smokin::hookah::goodluck:

Mediacl Marijuana Patients & Caregivers- the future of & best hope for real MJ Reform in Michigan & the whole USA!:allgood:

OK H, sounds good & thanks again for the help. When I get everything setup I'll document with more pic's and you can critique for me.

In preparation, I soaked my cloner, air stones, hoses & netpots in a bleach solution for a couple of hours to make sure it was sterile from last use.

I just rinsed it with tap water and refilled with plain tap a few minutes ago, and I have the system running for an hour or two to make sure I get all the bleach out.

I figured while it was running, I'd take a couple more pics.

I have two large 12" air stones in there. Right now, I have a smaller single-outlet pump hooked up just to help with the cleaning. The pump I'll use in the cabinet is a larger dual outlet, but there's still some nice bubbles even with the smaller pump:

bubbles11.jpg

bubbles21.jpg

Absolutely looks good, & remember bleach will completely disapate to inert after 18-24hrs in water. You could also be using your H2O2 for sterilization @ rate of 2tsp/gallon, but I agree with you feel safer using bleach, plus it is definitely more TIM TAYLORISH & drives the "Organic People" absolutely fucking batshit nuts!!! LOL :slide::hookah::cool:

Medical Marijuana Patients & Caregivers- the future of & best hope for real MJ Reform in Michigan & whole USA!:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom