G.C. Tangerine Dream Auto - DWC

Dropping a quick photo update. I went back and counted since the first time stretch and pistils were noted and would say it is Day 43 of flower today. Few more weeks to go. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Damn!

I feel like these are turning out quite well for a first dwc run. Nothing spectacular but given the problems in the beginning, it's gratifying.
Good job. Deep Water Culture can suck. Im living it now

Condensing the tincture is the tricky part. Don’t blow yourself up. I’m pretty comfortable now using a double boiler system on the stove, but I prefer to use a hot plate, just in case.
You really shouldnt recommend using a stove unless even if its electric. Even then the alcohol fumes in a confined space can be very dangerous. We all know it can be done, but someone brand new can really find themselves into trouble. Sad part its after they blow the shit out of themselves they are possibly looking at jail time.

Last time i did this i put it in a sunny window with a fan and gave it a couple days. I wound up with a few ounces of solid

From that a little coconut oil makes a fine liquid. The point is to be safe

What is your process for making the oil that goes into your tincture? Also what are you using in your tincture, alcohol or some form of oil, peanut, hemp, coconut, etc?
If you are making you own oil, yes, please be careful. I use a distiller that allows me to catch the 99 proof in another container, and I do it all outside, except for the final bit which I use a heating pad and leave it on the pad for about 12 hrs to get the alcohol out and the FECO where I want it. I don't do a tincture, I do 0.2 grams of straight oil a day for wellness.
The amber FECO

Not really that red looking it's the flash.

My distiller and the jug for catching the alcohol.

I did 14 zips this last run and It made 62 grams of FECO, this is the alcohol that has been strained and ready to go into the distiller.
a

I finish this run and will harvest this weekend. This entire grow, less a zip or two for smoking, will go into a new batch of oil.

GR

What is your process for making the oil that goes into your tincture? Also what are you using in your tincture, alcohol or some form of oil, peanut, hemp, coconut, etc?
If you are making you own oil, yes, please be careful. I use a distiller that allows me to catch the 99 proof in another container, and I do it all outside, except for the final bit which I use a heating pad and leave it on the pad for about 12 hrs to get the alcohol out and the FECO where I want it. I don't do a tincture, I do 0.2 grams of straight oil a day for wellness.
The amber FECO

Not really that red looking it's the flash.

My distiller and the jug for catching the alcohol.

I did 14 zips this last run and It made 62 grams of FECO, this is the alcohol that has been strained and ready to go into the distiller.
a

I finish this run and will harvest this weekend. This entire grow, less a zip or two for smoking, will go into a new batch of oil.

GR

The last time i made it i used almost a pound of old bud, and little larfy bits. I decarbed it, which makes my oil dark. I mix it with alcohol in a small Mason jar then squeeze it to remove the tincture (twice). The base oil was placed in the window.

Looks good as long as you dont go above 245 ish
nah man, under 140. I put it outside in the sun on the driveway for a bit and it cooled to about 130, I could do it out there, but I don't want UV getting to it.

Basically, I warm to 140, and put on covered patio to cool to 130 and repeat., after about an hour I am down by a 1/5, going to do another 1/5 and say done.

Fun stuff, but it goes without saying, you don't want to smoke, stick your face in the fumes, take the shit seriously with respect and you will be fine.

nah man, under 140. I put it outside in the sun on the driveway for a bit and it cooled to about 130, I could do it out there, but I don't want UV getting to it.

Basically, I warm to 140, and put on covered patio to cool to 130 and repeat., after about an hour I am down by a 1/5, going to do another 1/5 and say done.

Fun stuff, but it goes without saying, you don't want to smoke, stick your face in the fumes, take the shit seriously with respect and you will be fine.
240 F

Yeah, thats tight. Im trying to get rid of a 4X4 Gorilla right now. I bought it for some overflow last season. Its too darn hot in my garage to grow anything in a tent
I run a 2/2.5 GG,

A 4x4 tent would be pure luxury.

What's up everybody!
Time has gotten away from me here lately. I didnt realize that's it's been over a week since I have done an update for y'all.

Things are moving right along plants are just packing on weight. We are currently a few days into week 8 of flower.

Louise has packed on a lot of weight and has been currently at a stand still. Not much happening with her, she's slowed way down with consuming water. It appears she has gone through her second swell. Last week I saw lots of new white hairs everywhere and this week it looks like majority of the hairs have turned brown and receeded into the flowers. Saturday I gave her a fresh batch of straight RO water to start her flush. She will be coming down this weekend, which will be a few days into week 9. Her best cola is about the height of a beer can but just a dense solid cola of glory.

Thelma is going strong. Still packing on tons of weight and filling out nicely. She'll probably end up going the full 12 weeks or close to it. Her tops are nice, tight and full, but her lowers are a little fluffy and airy. So I might do a staggered harvest.

Here is a pic from last update

And here are her current ones.

And a pic so you can kinda see what she looks like without flash.

Back
Top Bottom