Auto Somango & Auto Tangerine Dream

Blueleaf

Hello everybody! So my introduction will be this journal. :volcano-smiley:

Please excuse me for the lack of comprehensive description of the grow I'm currently doing, I'm quite a minimalistic person (in everything, haha).

This isn't my first grow, but I call myself an advanced noob. I'm relaxed grower who more than often likes to keep things simple and rarely pays attention to minor problems.

Strains: Auto Somango (Advanced Seeds) and Auto Tangerine Dream (Barney's Farm).
Lightning (LED): Mars Hydro 300 (60x5w) and Znet 4 (72x3W, have been added about a week ago, much more brighter to my eyes than Mars). Total about 230-250 watts.
Medium/ nutrients: Canna Terra Professional soil + Biobizz Grow / Bloom leftovers from previous grows. Some CalMag will arrive soon.
Tent: Mars Hydro 70x70x160 cm.
Airflow: one cheap PC fan for exhaustion, one for circulating air inside. One passive intake vent open at the bottom.

Ah, I almost forgot: 6 litre pots.

I don't check (never did) my pH, it simply doesn't exist in my grower's vocabulary yet, so please bear with this also. I'm a lazy fucker.

We are currently on day 32. Things have been going quite well, although Somango was (and it still is) the slowest plant. Both plants are quite slow, but they're taking off now (things have improved since adding another LED, because before temperature was 19-20 Celsius when lights on, now between 24-25C).

Day 21 -- Auto Somango on the left, Auto TG on the right
canna76.jpg

Day 25 Same order as of day 21.
canna210.jpg

Day 31

Somango:
jk1.jpg

Tangerine Dream:
ll5.jpg

Both plants are bushy with tight internodes, but TG is really exploding in this regard. I don't know what to expect. :blunt:

Don't hesitate to join me on this journey, feel free to ask questions, criticize, etc. :)

re: Auto Somango & Auto Tangerine Dream

To add more spice: some bagseed windowsill grow two years ago. She got very little sun during flowering (summer was shitty...), but still gave me about half an ounce dry. :)

Taken with 50 years old analog camera, I'm a big enthusiast of film photography.
cannaf.jpg

re: Auto Somango & Auto Tangerine Dream

I will sub for your journey. Looks like you are off to a good start. I consider myself a advanced newbie also lol. I have been growing indoors for almost a year now and I love it. It's a great hobby and it also saves me alot of money lol. Good luck, I'll be in shadows a watching lol...️

High all, it's update time! We aren't looking that good, I had to remove some foliage due to what looks like phosphorus and / or calcium deficiency. Rust and sometimes almost black grey spots, drying and dying leaves at random places (lower, middle, upper leaves; some are fan leaves, others are just leaves feeding developing bud sites on branches), some affected leaves have dark bluish tint to it, some are overly lime green. I feel that this has more to do with P uptake, because affected leaves' stems are also purplish / red. The problem has started after adding old BioBizz bloom nutes (about 2 years old to be exact). It didn't occur to me at first that this could be a problem, so I simply upped the dose, but the problem remained (it didn't get worse, nor it get better). Anyway, I found an old bottle of mineral based bloom nutes (NPK 4-5-6), which I applied via foliar feeding and it seems to me that plants are already happier. I'll stop feeding them BioBizz and switch to these, it's worth trying out.

Day 42

Auto Tangerine Dream
pmpm1.jpg

Auto Somango
pmph.jpg

... and ... both girls
pmp.jpg

Good day!

I've found out that I accidentally mixed up the strains, so beware that each picture of a particular strain shows the opposite one really.

Now about the girls. Things aren't going on so well in regards to health, but overall it's not the end of the world. I'm still fighting (and losing the battle, of course, because I'm a loser) brown-orange-purple spots-patches all over the leaves (the worst is the Tangerine Dream auto, previously shown as Somango; both lower and top leaves suffer the most) and I had to do a serious pruning. Anyway, things have slowed down for a bit, the unkown disease / deficiency or what the fuck it is isn't spreading that fast. The worst affected leaves are also those with the most purple petioles. So far none of the leaves progressed into total death (but I removed a lot of those which were affected first due to space issues). Pictures doesn't really show any problems (I don't have a quality camera at the moment...), so you could assume they're a picture of health, which they aren't sadly. I won't expand into my thoeries about what's causing their problems, because none of the things I do work so far. But hey, none of those remedies also make them worse!

Day 49

Auto Tangerine Dream, aka The Worst One
tg31.jpg
tg21.jpg

tg1.jpg

Auto Somango, my lovely little bush
somango3.jpg

somango23.jpg
somango21.jpg

Auto Somango went berserk. She's in full flower but at the same time leaves from all the nodes and budsites are getting bigger and bigger , to the point there's restricted airflow again (again, because she was lightly trimmed once for that same reason). Might be due to the fact that I always (in every grow) use relatively high N formula even during flowering. I shouldn't have worried so much about those problems with necrotic spots that resemble P and / or calcium deficiences, she still has more than enough!

Here she is on day 54
full

She still has problems with brown-purple-red necrotic spots, purple petioles and light yellowing (this time more on the very top leaves), but boy, she's a beast, still growing full force while flowering. I just hope she won't catch a mold.
Tangerine Dream isn't doing so well, I'll show some pics during the next update.

They look nice man! You should try to use larger pots, seems like they "want to grow" but are quite small for their age. :)

Nice job though! Looks all healthy. Have you thought about maybe Scrogging in that space? Looks like it could amplify your yields. :=)
Thank you!

You are probably right, at the very least I should have started in a smaller pot, then transplanted. They're probably rootbound, that's why I have multiple problems. Also, they seem to take all the nutes I throw in (full strength) without any sign of burn or any other problems.

You're also right about the scrog, I'm thinking about this in future grows. Scrog or one big plant in a much bigger pot (these poor ladies only have 6 litres of soil, 1.5 gallon I think).

Tangerine Dream is about 16 inches tall, Auto Somango have reached only 12 inches, but she's 20 inches wide. :D

High all! Things aren't going so well (as always). At least one of the two plants is quite strong and going to yield a little bit more than a joint.

Day 62

Auto Somango

full

full

full

Auto Tangerine Dream, The Ugly One with sick leaves and very leafy deformed buds

full

full

Both plants will be chopped tomorrow (on day 69). Pics will follow later.

Auto Somango is about done, she was really swelling up during this last week and now have almost stopped. Mostly cloudy trichomes with a few amber ones.
Auto Tangerine Dream isn't quite ready yet, but I don't want to keep her anymore. Very small buds, which consist mostly of leaves (good for some hash, at least)! Even if she'll swell up some more, it's not worth waiting any more. She was the weakest from the very beginning.

I have 3 seeds left (Auto Sweet Tooth from Barney's, Auto Black Diesel and Auto Amnesia from Advanced Seeds), so I'm planning to start another round soon.

Harvest day. Both plants will be chopped later in the evening. Auto Tangerine Dream will be used only for hash, I can't keep this poor plant any longer and she won't yield much anyway. There isn't much to show of her, so I took pictures mostly of Auto Somango. I hope she will yield about an ounce, what do you think?

full

full

full

full

full

full

Beautiful nugs brother I'm also growing a tangerine dream I'm on week 6 but I'm using a dwc hydro setup the first pic is the dream and second is a critical purple

Some harvest pics. We've found out that both plants were severely rootbound, hence the strange deficiencies symptoms. Next time defiinetaly airpots.

full

full

full

full

full

Wet weight of Tangerine Dream was 130 g, Somango was 170 g, so I hope for 26 g and 34 g dry accordingly. Will let you know. :)

Back
Top Bottom