Barliman's SomaRi Grow

Thanks mate, so far so good. :thumb:

Onto the report.

Blue Diesel, initial thoughts: Tastes like jet fuel. Proper serious taste. That's on a ballast quick dry. The exhale is hard to pinpoint. When i let the exhale linger in my nostrils, there is a majorly spicy flavour that I can't quite nail down. Something from the spice rack fo' shizzle.

The high is nice. Smooth and soft. Not overwhelming at all, will be nice for a daytime vape.

Holy hand grenade though. The jet fuel. Wowzer.

Loving the sound of that Blue Diesel mate :drool:

It was nice mate. Not my taste (was a freebie, would never have bought a diesel strain as they just aren't to my pallette) but I got used to the flavour after a few bags.

I'm hoping the high develops a little more over the next few weeks, I think she has a little longer to go.

Hi everyone, hope all your grows are going well.

I wonder if anyone could please help me with this.

20151113_101351_2.jpg

This is SomaRi, 12 days into 12/12. I've noticed this odd colouration going on with the leaves at the top of the canopy. Everything lower down is healthy and dark green.

Do I have a deficiency developing? I have to water tomorrow. I've been regularly up-potting her, using fresh All-Mix and have only watered her with a little Alg-A-Mic and Bio-Silicon. I haven't added any Grow or Bloom.

Light is 400w Dual Spectrum at about 12-13 inches from the top of the canopy. Hood is Adjust-A-Wing. Temps are 78f at canopy with lights on (infrared thermometer measuring leaf surface temperature) and 60f at night.

I've also been supercropping to regulate height. Can this cause this effect?

Kind regards.

Hello mate :) looks like the start of mag deficiency to me. Fading of the tissue between the veins is a sure sign try adding some Epsom salts or a good cal/mag supplement.I normally see this in flower because I'm in a soft water area, i hope this is helpful :Namaste:

Hi everyone, hope all your grows are going well.

I wonder if anyone could please help me with this.

20151113_101351_2.jpg

This is SomaRi, 12 days into 12/12. I've noticed this odd colouration going on with the leaves at the top of the canopy. Everything lower down is healthy and dark green.

Do I have a deficiency developing? I have to water tomorrow. I've been regularly up-potting her, using fresh All-Mix and have only watered her with a little Alg-A-Mic and Bio-Silicon. I haven't added any Grow or Bloom.

Light is 400w Dual Spectrum at about 12-13 inches from the top of the canopy. Hood is Adjust-A-Wing. Temps are 78f at canopy with lights on (infrared thermometer measuring leaf surface temperature) and 60f at night.

I've also been supercropping to regulate height. Can this cause this effect?

Kind regards.

My guess....and it's only a guess. Heat stress. The suggestion of an infrared readings is just one snapshot taken when you looked in on her. It could possibly have had a higher temperature at some point during lights on. Again, it's just a guess since it's only affecting top of plant.

Hi everyone, hope all your grows are progressing well.

Here's SomaRi at day 20 of 12/12.

20151120_092105_2.jpg

With regular up-canning, she still hasn't had any nutrients at all. The yellowing of new growth halted and she has now greened up lovely.

Can I ask whether any of you would "thin" that canopy out at all?

I'm thinking that I want to leave as much leaf on as possible. I've stripped out a lot of the "lower inner" leaf matter but have left the top 6-8 inches of canopy alone.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

:thumb:

Thanks mate. I think I'll wait a little and keep my eyes on the humidity within the canopy.

Here's the Blue Diesel Auto main cola, dried for 15 days.

20151121_104620_2.jpg

Gasoline taste has really softened. It's now really subtle and the herb is smooth.

Peace all.

Hi everyone. I hope your grows are all going well.

I've not been in for a while, sorry for the paucity of updates from me. My Complex-PTSD has been really debilitating for the last 4 weeks or so. I've barely managed to keep up with mixing nutes and watering every 5-6 days.

I'll have some picture updates this evening, I hope.

Peace to you all.

Ps, I'm assuming that the weird, "canoeing down" is nute related?? Or because she's a little rootbound?? She's in a 1 gallon.

She's been fed with plain, PHd water and Alg-a-mic. No additional nutes.

I think that All-Mix has been too hot for some of the Autos I've grown. I 50/50d it with perlite but there's still a bit of burn.

Hey there mate :) sorry to hear you aren't having the best of times at the mo sending alot of positive energy and love your way :circle-of-love:

Your plants are looking awesome mate this one blew my mind :jawdropper::drool:
20151217_133308_2.jpg

20151217_132730_2.jpg

Hi everyone, hope all your grows are pottering along well.

SomaRi is coming up to the end of week 8 of flowering. I'm hoping to try to get some photos later on today. She doesn't look like she's going to be a massive yeilder (Soma's site confirms this for me as well) but mon dieu, the smell when you give one of the rock hard nugs a squeeze is out of this world. Slight citrus undertone with a beautiful sweet incense smell. I think it smells like sandalwood, not sure though as my olfactory system hasn't sampled a lot of incense over the course of my life.

I'm blown away by the smell. One of the things that drew me to Soma's beans, was the fact that taste and smell are as important to him as the effects are, as part of the medicinal enjoyment of cannabis. I wholeheartedly agree with him.

On smell alone, I'm so excited.

Pics to follow, 2-3 Weeks away from harvest, methinks.

Peace all.

Back
Top Bottom