DankDragons First Grow

Yep I got that it,s just IMHO putting her on a flower cycle then putting her back to a veg cycle well I would be worried about a good
girl going Hermie
Still I am sure that it also could work its just the possible side effects of giving her man bits.
When you switch to 12/12 it trigger the plant to flower then if you do this an then give her veg light she may stress too much an decide
she will man up an make her own pollen:straightface:

hey good for seeds lol.. but i switched her back to 18/6 the same day because i had a kush seed pop so she should be ok

LO tgoday.. looking good to me lol

Snapshot_20130927_1.JPG
Snapshot_20130927.JPG

i reveg plants all the time and they dont go hermie, growers do go 12-12 then find out the sex and flip back to veg so it is possible to do and it dont cause hermies, i reveg several clones and at least 1 plant per grow and thats stressing the plants a lot more than letting them go 12-12 to show sex then flipping back to veg, ive never had problems with hermie plants so i think a reveg would cause a lot more stress than going 12-12 to show sex then flipping back to veg, look at the crazy leaf growth you get with a reveg plant, so the stress is much higher for a reveg,

the clone method is a good option but a plant will only show sex when its mature enough, so the clone may not be far off the mother plant showing sex, even going 12-12 form seed dont really speed things up as my 12-12 from seed plants show sex at roughly the same time as the plants in veg do, i know 24-0 takes much longer to show sex followed by 20-4, but 18-6 seems to show sex pretty quick and usually around week 6 of growth depending on strain, glr is the fastest light schedule to show sex and i find its the best veg schedule to use, but while im growing autos i cant use glr but will be using it possibly after these autos i got growing now have finished.

so i dont think you will save much time by taking a clone and putting that 12-12 unless your planning on a long veg under 24-0, if your using 18-6 then the plants will mature as normal and you will then be able to tell sex, all the plants ive got growing now was flipped to 12-12 about 3 days ago now and all have been showing sex for a while, so under 18-6 id say they would start showing sex around week 6 but some sativas tend to take a bit longer to show sex, at least thats what im finding with the strains ive been growing, but mots plants i grow show sex around week 6 onwards, it usually works out to the plant been about 1ft high but again depends on strain.

the only hermies ive got is when i want to hermie a plant so leave it in flower for 3 weeks longer than it needs to be, but thats just to get some fem pollen for fem seeds, none of my reveg plants have ever turned hermie and the last reveg plant i harvested had been harvested 3 times in total, it had been reveg twice, so that lasted me 3 whole grows and didnt have any signs of hermie even before i harvested it last time, in fact ive got a clone from that in reveg now.

but go with what you thinks best, a lot of people reveg plants and dont have problems with them turning hermie, we wouldnt reveg if we risked growing hermie plants, at least i know i wouldnt, but so far its all been good,

i have gotten a new cabinet. 4'Wx18"Dx4'H it used to be a VHS tape cabinet, but i stripped the shelves out, put my reflective foil in it and im just waiting to mount the fans, lights and get her running. it should give more than enough room for about 3 plants through veg and flower

should do the job nicely, it would also look a bit discreet as well where as a tent stands out like a sore thumb, but that you can have closed and it still looks like a cupboard.

I don't know; The few people who've seen my tent assumed it was a portable wardrobe closet but then again they don't suspect I'm growing cannabis. They pay no attention to the odor as almost everyone I associate with personally knows I smoke.

i have gotten a new cabinet. 4'Wx18"Dx4'H it used to be a VHS tape cabinet, but i stripped the shelves out, put my reflective foil in it and im just waiting to mount the fans, lights and get her running. it should give more than enough room for about 3 plants through veg and flower

I look forward to seeing how this turns out! When are we going to see pictures?

lol i have a long way to go before i even think about being in any of the contests. im not ready yet

MoTM- not well known enough lol
PoTM- nothing nearly nice enough
NoTM- not eveen close to a nice harvest

MOTM is more about helping and being active.
POTM is super hard.
NOTM can be purchased as well.

See? There is hope :)
We just need to get you focused on makin what you got going as good as possible and not worrying about the next build or buy so much. :) Focus Danielson... :)

once i finish it... not sure yet.. have a bit to do to do still

Lets get an update of what your thinking dude;) I am sure we all want to help you every step of the way. AND remember a picture is worth a thousand words, but a thousand pictures is never enough!

should do the job nicely, it would also look a bit discreet as well where as a tent stands out like a sore thumb, but that you can have closed and it still looks like a cupboard.

You can definitely make a tent blend in, just make sure you got it in the right environment!

20130909_024500.jpg

i actually have not bought anything this past month. the new cabinet was entirely free i just had to knock out 4 shelves and put in my leftover silver sheets from the PC case. it took me all of about 45 minutes to fix it up.

Back
Top Bottom