Northern Lights #5 x Haze Nebula The Purps - 4th LED Grow

Everything ticking along nicely. A good healthy base to start from. Did you go coco this time?
No it's soil, I wasn't quite prepared for Coco yet, the Roots soil does have a good amount of Coco which contributes to faster growth and drainage I'm sure(also added more perlite, the soil drains QUICK). I need to get a PH pen and TDS meter. I could do the strips, but I'll use those for backup just to make sure the meter is working correctly. Too many projects my friend! :)

The bad thing is I really want to do Coco and I should of been a little more patient. I'm trying to cut the time for this next grow since this one will be over 5 months complete. This is the reason I started these early, save about a months worth of time to compensate. Always next time. :volcano-smiley:

Northern Lights #5 X Haze Nebula The Purps Day 18 from Seed

P10509351.JPG
P10509361.JPG
P10509371.JPG
P10509381.JPG

The two smaller mommas (NL #5 & Nebula) are starting there 4th set and the Purps is starting her 5th. These babies are growing a set of leaves about every 1.5 - 2 days on 24/7. And to clarify, the left corner is NL, right is Purp, and the bottom is Nebula Enjoy! :Namaste:

No need for the strips. They are crap. Just chat to your hydro shop and get a decent pH pen with some calibration fluid. If you calibrate the pen regularly, then you can rest assured that it will be accurate.

A nice rich green colour. The girls are telling you that they like what you are doing.

those 3 are really nice :thumb:

i'm amazed that your 3 beauties all show much more indica like leafs then my plant ... though i don't now how the 2 other nl#5 x haze seeds will turn out when their turn comes, but the first one i germinated has much thinner and more sativa like leafs :)
Yeah it's crazy, all three are mostly sativa, I'm sure when I flip them, it will change to a sativa style stretch. I hear I have to really watch out for the NL X Haze regarding stretch. Nothing a little training can't remedy. :)

I had to really train my Kosher Kush in stretch since a few of the branches wanted to spurt up to the light quicker than the others. I enjoy the entire process.

LOL! I always feel kinda sad when it's time to chop them down. I'm sentimental like that. Silly, I know...

LOL! I always feel kinda sad when it's time to chop them down. I'm sentimental like that. Silly, I know...
I do to, then I throw in new plants and it brings me UP again. The cycle of life, SAD, but so REAL.

Update: I topped the Purp momma 2 days ago, and the other two yesterday(topped at 5 node, removed first nodes, so 4 nodes, two shoots per). I also transplanted all three yesterday to there final homes(5 gal smartie). I used roots organic soil, little more perlite, a little neem seed meal, alfalfa, and some Crab Shell meal(a couple table spoons worth) I had left over. I also threw in a few tablespoons of all purpose tomato tone and some glacial rock dust per pot. I'm not going the Supersoil type mix this time, just a little addition to the existing soil in very small amounts. I also added a few tablespoons of Dolomite Lime(Garden Lime). Oops, almost forgot, I also added Mykos under the rootballs. Needless to say, I won't have to feed until the first week of stretch is complete. Once the pots sink a little, I'll top them off since I have extra soil left. Enjoy! :volcano-smiley:

Hey all, Sunday will be 4 weeks and looking awesome. I topped all the plants and transplanted so there adjusting nicely. I'll get some updated photos up soon. All plants have eight lateral shoots that will be trained, I haven't decided if I'm going SCROG again or not. Since the 400's are good until around a foot of penetration, SCROG may be the ticket. I did do a SCROG for the BaY 11 clones, but it was more of a structure holding the buds than a true SCROG. I definitely learned so much with that grow though and would like another shot at really filling in the gaps everywhere. Anyway, happy holidays and enjoy the fruits of your labor. :)

Back
Top Bottom