PeeJay's Perpetual Porta-Scrog Party

Things continue to be hectic around here. The plants are doing well. The three in recycled soil are true water only plants so far and have had no feedings at all. They're not really showing any significant fade and are nice and healthy. Here they are in the tent.

IMG_158528.JPG

Right front is 5th Element (day 49), to it's left in Pink Plant (day 42), and the bigger Bangi Haze (day 35) is in the back.

The smaller Bangi Haze (day 56) is mostly living out in the greenhouse and I'm thinking it has about two weeks left. There is still room to put it in the tent at night. This one is in 3 gallons of first run soil and did get a feeding of fishy ferts this week. It is not a big resin producer so far but is very oily to the touch. It has a medicinal smell (camphor?) that I'm not wild about but it is bulking up nicely.

IMG_158123.JPG

IMG_162523.JPG

IMG_162223.JPG

IMG_161931.JPG

The breeder claims 5th Element will do it's thing in 56 days and that seems about right. It has a minty fragrance. I took a sample bud to try in a couple of days and think the chop will be early next week.

IMG_159824.JPG

IMG_160426.JPG

IMG_164226.JPG

IMG_164623.JPG

Pink Plant is bulking up nicely and continues to put out pink pistils. So far this one is not producing much stink at all - just a faint fruit cocktail. I like this one a lot!

IMG_159723.JPG

IMG_160627.JPG

IMG_163224.JPG

IMG_163426.JPG

IMG_163625.JPG

IMG_163724.JPG

The larger of the two Bangis has the nicest structure of the three large plants. I hope the smoke is nice. Bangi is a super easy to grow sativa from what I've seen so far. It's an F7, so very stable.

IMG_159427.JPG

IMG_164931.JPG

I hope you are holding up through it all! Your plants look like they sure are no worse for the wear. I agree that Pink Plant is really very cool. Never seen pink pistils!

I want to give you a huge thanks on all your help with the soil for my grows. The last set of girls I grew were, by far, the heathiest plants I have ever grown and the bud is delicious. The tent managed to get .7 grams per watt which I makes me more than happy with the results. Thank you just doesn't say enough. :thumb:

May your world grow more peaceful and you and yours healthy!
Bob ;)

Beautiful update. That pink plant is so unusual. I sure hope she smokes as nice as she looks!

Ya know...I haven't smelled camphor since I was a kid. I'm betting I'll remember it though, if one of my plants gave off that smell.

I love the pic with the little circles of light, looks like a starry background.

Nice buds!....bud

:circle-of-love:

PJ, They look great. I might be off with this but i think the color of Pink Plants leaves and really nice and dark, cool.

5th Element is magnificent... Those fan leaves look terrific.

Both the 5th Element and Pink Plant have dark, waxy looking foliage they really stand out next to the lime green Bangi.

Speaking of 5th Element, this is what the test nug looks like after drying for three days. :drool:

IMG_165431.JPG

IMG_167630.JPG

It's nice having a plant in the greenhouse. Little Bangi is loving it. Overnight lows are in the 50's and highs in the 70s-low 80s. Humidity is still terribly low and seldom gets above the teens.

Bangi is an ACE strain that is almost all sativa - a Congo sativa with a hint of Nepalese indica. It's been around for a while but searching the forum I can't find anyone else here who has grown it. There are some grows on other sites. ACE claims that it is a compact sativa that does its thing in 9-10 weeks.

I've gotta say that so far I'm pleased. I have a 10 pack of regular seeds and have only popped one. The seeds are F7 so I don't anticipate a lot of genetic diversity. Here are some pictures of the little one. It is 8 weeks into flower and is a clone from the larger plant. Aside from one dose of fishy ferts it has had nothing but water.

This is the clone. It was topped a given some minor LST but had little in the way of training. In fact, it was tossed into flower the same day it was tied down.

IMG_108039.JPG

IMG_107939.JPG

Here's where it's at now. It did stretch but not too much and has a nice branched structure with long nicely stacked colas. It has been slow to get frosty but seems to be getting oilier at last.

IMG_169226.JPG

IMG_169731.JPG

IMG_170421.JPG

IMG_172223.JPG

IMG_172627.JPG

IMG_172929.JPG

IMG_173326.JPG

IMG_173725.JPG

The larger Bangi was topped a ton of times over a long and neglectful veg. This is what she was like before going into flower:

IMG_088624.JPG

Here she is at day 28 of flower - a lot more plant than the little one, starting to fatten up. So far I'm quite pleased with how nicely this strain branches and stays manageable.

IMG_174524.JPG

IMG_174727.JPG

Here's one last photo of all four plants in the tent before it becomes three plants in the tent. 5th Element got the chop right at eight weeks. Could have let it go another week but I felt like chopping.

IMG_175825.JPG

5th Element is a true water only plant grown in 10 gallons of 2nd run soil. For the 2nd run soil I pulled the rootball from a 10 gallon container of 1st run leaving most of the fine roots in the soil. I dumped out the dirt into a bin and added about a quart each of Yum-Yum and castings for each ten gallons. I didn't cook it. The amended soil went directly back into a ten gallon pot after mixing and received the transplant.

5th was the first of the three from seed plants that went through the hell veg in the tiny tent, brutally topped over and over. Compared to the large Bangi and the Pink plant it had little training. On the other two I did a little LST for a couple of weeks of continued veg but 5th pretty much went right into the flower tent a week after being potted up. A couple of veg pics:

Right after being potted up.

IMG_087732.JPG

Shortly after being moved into the flower tent with Panama on it's right and Golden Lemons behind it. In the back right is the little Bangi.

IMG_107034.JPG

Here's a closer look at 5th on chop day and some trimmed nug shots:

IMG_176124.JPG

IMG_176325.JPG

IMG_176527.JPG

IMG_176720.JPG

IMG_176823.JPG

IMG_177923.JPG

IMG_178428.JPG

IMG_178524.JPG

IMG_178825.JPG

IMG_179822.JPG

I'd guess it'll dry down to ~ 3oz of nice buds and there is a wealth of grade A trim for other stuff. I enjoyed the buzz from the test nug and a ball of scissor hash - up, pleasant, a little dreamy. The nugs are very dense - on par with Darkstar which produces rock hard nuggets. I like that this strain has a pleasant minty, floral, fruity aroma in flower that is not overwhelming. Might pop another one in a couple of weeks to put out in the greenhouse.

There are not any plants in veg to replace the 5th Element. I'm going to flower out and shut off the lights for a bit. Along about the middle of May I'll start plants for the greenhouse. Still not sure what I'm going to put outside - a Darkstar. I want to re-up. Other than that there I still haven't made up my mind. Pink plant will be a strong contender. I'm liking her. Dense woody stems. The colas are long and not terribly thick with two-three weeks left to go. Loving the low ambient odor. The plant smells REALLY good. Peaches. It just isn't overwheming. There are pink pistils in evidence but it doesn't seem like this is the pheno that gets crazy pink. If I do another one it will be from seed, so maybe then... Beautiful dark waxy leaves. Like 5th Element, Pink Plant is a true water only plant in 10 gallons of second run soil.

Pink Plant is hanging out in the greenhouse for 4/20 with little Bangi (who has not been out since last Friday due to a spate of foul weather.) Today is golden, though.

IMG_182526.JPG

IMG_182725.JPG

IMG_182821.JPG

IMG_183020.JPG

IMG_183219.JPG

IMG_183622.JPG

IMG_184023.JPG

IMG_184420.JPG

IMG_184827.JPG

IMG_184928.JPG

In other news, Little Bangi has started to pack on trichs finally and she's starting to foxtail a bit. It's 9 weeks in flower. Ace predicts 10-12

IMG_182427.JPG

IMG_182030.JPG

IMG_180929.JPG

IMG_181030.JPG

I expect little Bangi and Pink Plant will finish about the same time. Big Bangi is also looking fantastic but no pictures of her today.

Happy 420 everyone. I think I'm gonna get some more work done, then do some dabs.

There are not any plants in veg to replace the 5th Element. I'm going to flower out and shut off the lights for a bit. Along about the middle of May I'll start plants for the greenhouse. Still not sure what I'm going to put outside - a Darkstar. I want to re-up. Other than that there I still haven't made up my mind. Pink plant will be a strong contender. I'm liking her. Dense woody stems. The colas are long and not terribly thick with two-three weeks left to go. Loving the low ambient odor. The plant smells REALLY good. Peaches. It just isn't overwheming. There are pink pistils in evidence but it doesn't seem like this is the pheno that gets crazy pink. If I do another one it will be from seed, so maybe then... Beautiful dark waxy leaves. Like 5th Element, Pink Plant is a true water only plant in 10 gallons of second run soil.

Pink Plant is hanging out in the greenhouse for 4/20 with little Bangi (who has not been out since last Friday due to a spate of foul weather.) Today is golden, though.

I expect little Bangi and Pink Plant will finish about the same time. Big Bangi is also looking fantastic but no pictures of her today.

Happy 420 everyone. I think I'm gonna get some more work done, then do some dabs.

I highlighted the line in your post I'm asking about. Are you saying you want to re enter the armed forces or does re-up have a different meaning in regards to 420? Just curious because I don't want to see anything happen to you!

Ha Ha! The armed forces wouldn't even consider taking a used up old man like me. Darkstar is my favorite strain for sleeping/insomnia/anxiety. I grew a ton last summer but want to grow another plant this year so I don't run out; hence I'm going to re-up on my Darkstar this summer.

Back
Top Bottom