PeeJay's Perpetual Porta-Scrog Party

When the humidity is around 20% things dry fast. I trim my buds before giving them a wash let them drip dry on paper towels, and put them in small carboard boxes with some vent holes cut in them. I don't have an odor controlled place to hang dry. The boxes go in the flower tent and get a stir each day. The Chit isn't very dense. I rolled and compacted the test bud a few times. Between the low humidity and the lack of density the wonky Chit was ready to get jared today. It did beat the other Chit by a bit, but not by much. 55 grams of wonky, 51 from the other one. 3.75 zips between the two. Not great but still a bounty given how slowly I go through smoke.

I took a couple of quick early morning coffee jitter pictures before putting the wonky in jars.

IMG_096225.JPG

IMG_097032.JPG

IMG_097130.JPG

You can see that I've already poluted that one washed and dried bud with PJ hair. :thedoubletake:

Weekly update.

Panama and Golden Lemons are 60 days into flower, 70 days under 12/12. Both are fading rapidly and will get an extra shot of fishy ferts later.

Golden Lemons was smoke tested this morning. Good potency and a clear middle of the road buzz. It tastes slightly green but leaves a pleasant oily lemon peel taste on the exhale. One big change this week is the same pronounced toasted hazelnut aroma that was found in the Sage 'n Sour I grew last fall backing up the citrus now. I rather like it. Looking at the pictures of the sundried test bud it looked pretty amber and there were a profusion of headless trichomes. That may be due to the full on sun drying. In the pics I took this morning I'm seeing mostly cloudy and no amber at all. The pistils are slowing down.

Not the greatest whole plant picture.

IMG_100638.JPG

Some flowers.

IMG_100936.JPG

IMG_101033.JPG

IMG_1020-b.jpg

IMG_102033.JPG

Panama is slowly fattening up and is a sea of buds.

IMG_102131.JPG

IMG_102232.JPG

IMG_106029.JPG

IMG_106726.JPG

IMG_106426.JPG

Joining the two old ladies in the flower tent are 5th Element and the Bangi Haze clone. The clone (back right) is looking fairly feminine but nothing certain. I potted it up into 3 gallons and will just let it flower to completion if it's a girl. The pot is on a 12' pedestal to raise it up. 5th Element in in the front left.

IMG_107034.JPG

A quick look at the second run soil plants - two in veg and one that's been in the flower tent for 5-6 days.

This is what the Pink Plant looked like 10 days ago shortly after getting cleaned up and put into 10 gallons of dirt.

IMG_088529.JPG

Today.

IMG_112140.JPG

Bangi Haze 10 days ago.

IMG_088624.JPG

Today.

IMG_112341.JPG

5th Element is the one that was moved into the flower tent.

Then.

IMG_087929.JPG

Now.

IMG_112534.JPG

Bangi is a little fussy. I shut off the lights for just a few minutes and she goes droopy but she's growing like crazy. Everybody hooked up in the second run dirt just fine.

Golden Lemons is getting the chop today, and Panama ain't far behind. I'll get some pics of those two in a bit.

Nice! Those look like some very happy veggies now that they've hooked up with the new (old) soil.

Absolutely beautiful PJ... Your wife must be the happiest woman of all time... You cook and I can only assume you cook very well... you garden and have the tidiest garden possible... that speaks volumes.... not to mention you are truly about the kindest human I have ever known... The time and effort you expend on us lowly unlookers is beyond and above anything we could possibly ask of you... You have given me the best soil possible IMO and the key word there is you have "given".... and you give to so many and you ask nothing in return... You are the true epitime of everything this site stands for in my eyes... You could make a blue bloody fortune on your recipe and throw in a couple of exciting sounding drenches and foliars just to make it sound good... but instead you hold our newbie little hands and find out what we have and what we can get hold of and you make it work for all of us you touch... You are beyond special my friend and I am proud to call you such....:Namaste:....:circle-of-love:

I'm pleased as punch with the Golden Lemons. Yield wise it will do better than both the Chitrals combined by the looks of things. Holy moly it's a stinker. After trimming for a couple of hours the smell started to get nauseating. The bright citrus is nowhere to be found - just heavy, overwhelming hazelnut / beurre noisette. Crazy.

IMG_113830.JPG

IMG_114129.JPG

I'm pleased as punch with the Golden Lemons. Yield wise it will do better than both the Chitrals combined by the looks of things. Holy moly it's a stinker. After trimming for a couple of hours the smell started to get nauseating. The bright citrus is nowhere to be found - just heavy, overwhelming hazelnut / beurre noisette. Crazy.

IMG_114129.JPG

Congrtulations on a bountiful, stinky harvest.
I like buds on statue heads :)

20151211_124113-1.jpg

Are you disappointed by the lack of lemony twang?

Bob ;)

Not disappointed as much as surprised at how rapidly the citrusy zip made an exit and was replaced by the nutty aroma in the last two weeks of flower. The Sage 'n Sour I grew over the summer had that toasted hazelnut smell as well - just not as overwhelming. As it dried and cured the nutty smell dissipated and the sour now dominates when I stick my nose in the jar.

Interestingly, concentrate made from fresh frozen Sage 'n Sour trim retained the brown butter aroma.

:hmmmm: Wonder why...:confused: The Ultra Lemon Haze when I first chopped it and tested her.... it was like someone sqeezed a lemon in your mouth it was so strong... Now that it has a really good cure on her... the smoke certainly got better but the taste is simply gone... I am thrilled with how much more potent she got but I kinda liked the lemony taste...:blushsmile:....:circle-of-love:

Here's a couple of pics of my Panama bush @ 73 days into flower, 83 days 12/12. These were taken quickly with the flash in the tent. There is little ambient light around where the tent is so the bud shot is a bit blurry... This one is going to go another week at least.

IMG_115833.JPG

IMG_115530.JPG

IMG_1155a.jpg

The humidity has remained frightfully low here. Even with a big humidifier going in the room it rarely goes over 20% with 15% being the norm. I'm needing to put a lot of lotion on my skin these days to keep it from drying up but don't think slathering the plant with Lubriderm would help much.

We need a big vent tube between your place and mine. Since I have a hard time keeping the RH low enough. I figure together we'd have it just about perfect. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Not disappointed as much as surprised at how rapidly the citrusy zip made an exit and was replaced by the nutty aroma in the last two weeks of flower. The Sage 'n Sour I grew over the summer had that toasted hazelnut smell as well - just not as overwhelming. As it dried and cured the nutty smell dissipated and the sour now dominates when I stick my nose in the jar.

Interestingly, concentrate made from fresh frozen Sage 'n Sour trim retained the brown butter aroma.

Very interesting indeed. I have always found the changing cure tastes an interesting and not too documented fact on some buds. They really have a shelf life like beer or wine, some get better, some not so much. Speaking of lemon, the Lemon Kush I have right now isn't the strongest, but boy is it lemony. It is the most exhale lemon flavor I have ever tasted and is getting stronger with cure. Other tastes were in the way when young and have dissipated leaving only lemon standing strong.

EDIT: I hit post and see above my post that you posted even more incredible bud shots. :thumb::thanks:
:thumb:
Bob ;)

Back
Top Bottom