Pinktiger's Next Adventure: Can She Double Her Yield With Two Tents?

Happy Friday night!

Clones Update

My clones are beautiful. Well, they are actually kind of cute. :rolleyes: I should have done them this way all along. I just mist them several times a day and the humidity is staying above 60. The light seems just right - I have it turned down to 10 percent on both bloom and veg. My LED is dimmable. I love that feature. The plants don't look stressed at all. Usually by now I'd have some yellowing of leaves, but not yet. Five days in as of right now.

The Flowering Tent

The flowering tent is looking exceptionally good. I have lots of tops and more peeking through. But, I'm going to cut the cord a week from Sunday and put it to 12/12. They will be turned out a week earlier than planned, because they are growing so much. My plants tend to do this. I'm glad they are so healthy, of course. And it makes me feel good to see them looking so nice, after all the hard work. But my schedule is always changing because of something or the other.
So, please take a peek:

Thank you, sir! I just tried some of the new harvest (I know, early, but you know how it is) and it is really good and strong. The head high is better than any I've had lately. And yet it still has legs.
On edit - I meant to add this smiley but forgot. I'm stoned. And Old. Put those together, and you know what I mean. :lot-o-toke:

Just realised youre growing ww/bb, im literally allergic to it. Can smoke it no worries but cant touch the plants or i come out in a mad rash. Only that and photo ultimate that have given me grief with it to date. Probably done 40 or so strains. Wierd. Crackin smkke though :)
It’s a very strong plant, that WwBb. My daughter reacts negatively to the smell. The Mazari grape is very strong also, but it doesn’t bother her.

Haha you're mental mate. I can't believe you havent flipped those yet lol.
That tents gonna burst at the seams in 2 weeks time.
Think I better pull up a beanbag, that's gonna be some harvest!
Ok, so should I flip them now? Under a full moon?

do you usually fill the tent that much before flipping? Not sure why it's went bold all of a sudden lol.
Yes, I do. I’m beginning to think I should flip them tomorrow.

Update after flip

Yes, I flipped. LOL. The growth in the past week cinched it. And now, two days into 12/12, the growth has exploded. So, have a look. And oh, if you are interested in strain specific growth, this is the order: Four plants. Beginning in the lower left corner, Mazari Grape by Medicann Seeds. This plant is a great hybrid, and is the hardiest plant I have ever grown. I chose this for my first grow, and revegged it several times. This plant is from seed. I've already cloned it. This plant takes up more than its rightful space, including the center. It will be interesting to see if it looks different in flower than the other plants, which are all wwxbb clones. (White Widow X Big Bud, sorry.)

Meanwhile in the cloning tent:

The clones are still beautiful and thriving. I've finally found my cloning method, thanks to all of you on here whose advice I sought, enjoy using and am finally beginning to realize is vital to my grows.
All of the Mazari grape clones, which are the four on the left, have tiny baby roots. One of the other four, the WWXBB, has tiny roots, but the rest don't show roots yet. I believe this is a strain specific issue, and in a day or two roots will form. The plants are looking great, and show very little trauma to the leaves.

Now, a word about my methods:

I'm a hydroponics grower. I'm glad I am, because I love the way the plants grow so fast, so strong. But I didn't start out this way, and I can definitely see why some people would give up before rounding that old learning curve.
As I have said previously, most of what I know I learned here. Before finding the forums on this site, I read many books and articles, etc., before beginning my grow. But I was still performing blindly about all the little things. Like PH, changing the res, temperature, pests and diseases, etc. So I had the tent, the exhaust and intake, and the light (yes, one light, 300 WEquiv. LED.) LOL. I decided on General Hydroponics (GH) nutrients, a good choice for me in the end. But so much I didn't know, and I knew nothing about hydroponics. Or starting seeds. Or anything else. Now I still know not enough, but I have learned some stuff along the way, and here's a list. But it is not a final list. I'm sure many of you will realize this. LOL. Feel free to elaborate.

1. Plants want clean air, clear water, and abundant light. All this is controlled by the grower.
  2. Determine the area of your grow in the tent. I call this my "canopy." As a rule of thumb, I go out from the inside of the tent three inches all around to allow for air flow. Otherwise it gets stuffy in there, even with two fans running over the canopy plus the intake and exhaust.
  3. Make sure you have enough light to reach the entire canopy of your grow. I now have three lights, for a 900 watt equiv. LED. This is my first grow with three lights. I grew the last year with two, and immediately saw that it was inadequate for my canopy.
  4. Maximize your grow space. I have now taken much of the exhaust fan, ductwork, etc., out of the tent. It sits on top, on a wooden "cradle" my husband made for me that holds the fan, the surge protector and electrical outlets. This allowed me to hoist three lights up and still has room for the carbon filter attached to the exhaust system.
  5. Have the best ventilation system you can afford, and check the performance of this system on a regular basis. I have a 6-inch exhaust and a 6-inch intake. This is important, in order to create negative pressure against the tent. The air will change every two or three minutes. It keeps the tent cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
  6. If your water stays too cold, get an aquarium heater for the reservoir.
  7. In hydroponics, water is everything (mostly). I use city water, which is on the hard side, but is very good water otherwise. It works very well, even though it fights my PH lowering. But that is OK. As long as the water is edging up on PH, I know the water is "alive." But the water in a 10-gallon res will not stay good forever. I change my water on a regular basis. I was doing it every week until I got two air stones for it. Now I change it every 2 weeks, and at that time I clean all the components of the reservoir, the airstones, the pump, and the hoses and connections. I also disinfect them. But I don't follow this religously. I check the water daily, twice daily actually, and if it seems a lot of waste material is at the bottom, I change it.
  8. Pests are a preventable issue. I have learned the hard way not to reuse hydroton without a disinfecting and recharging (which I refuse to do). I use all new hydroton. All the time. My roses get the leftovers. I got mites and that cured me. Also, gnats. Another problem I have had in small bits is root rot. This is a result of not changing the water in DWC units (my cloner is a DWC unit). So, today I use enzymes to keep root rot away, and mycorrhizae (Great White) to kill gnats. The first sign of root rot demands a capful of H2O2. And I change my water weekly and keep the PH at the correct level, which to me is 5.85 or so. I also try to utilize infection control techniques, so I'm not carrying pests from one tent to the other.
  9. Feed your plants, but be careful. I had been growing for a few months when I realized I was overfeeding the plants. I learned to stay within a range of parts per million (PPM) for my flowering tent, the range dependent on the plant's current cycle. I found, through this site, that GH had a chart you could use, along with recommended products and amounts along the cycle of the plant's growth. So I used it. I also charted my plants and their "numbers," along with anything I did to them, by using a blank calendar I printed off my computer. This has been a wonderful diary of my daily actions and the plants' conditions. It has helped me to diagnose and repair issues with equipment and with water and light. Here's the GH link for those interested: List of downloadable GH Feeding Charts.
  10. Have lots of water on hand, ready to go at a moment's notice. I save and use empty gallon-size water bottles that distilled water comes in. We use it in our Cpaps. So I have a lot of jugs. Right now I have 20 gallons back and I rotate it in my reservoirs.
  11. Buy nutrients in gallons once you decide what you are going to use. Most of my nutes come in gallon size. So unless it is something I don't use as much of, I have it in a gallon size. It saves me money, coming out to about a free quart per purchase.

Great info all PT! And congrats on the weekend flip. All hands on deck for stretch...get ready to move the fans!
Yeah, those pesky fans!
Speaking of fans, I removed a bunch of fan leaves a couple of weeks ago, but it hasn't stopped them. I have also been LSTing them, all of the branches little and big. This is my first grow with this much light. I have great hopes. it would be wonderful indeed to maximize the potential here! LOL. See you later, guys.

I wish I had a second tent. Or a larger tent. Then I could raise twice as much. Greed. Lol.

Today the Mazari Grape clones have sprouted real roots. The WW x BB still trying to. I see little baby tries.

Back
Top Bottom