Pinktiger's Third Reveg - Come Along For The Ride!

Pinktiger777

Hello, and welcome to my first journal and my third reveg of this plant. I will post the entire grow, and show pictures as we go. At this date, my plant has been revegging for one month. Here's a picture of one of the large buds from the January 1, 2018 harvest:

contest_entry.jpg

The strain is Mazari Grape by Medicann Seeds.
Medical uses
Anxiety, migraines, PMS, depression, stress, insomnia, muscle spasms, pain
Genetics
Afghani â€76 x Super Skunk x Black Grape x OG Kush
Indica/Sativa
Indica 65% /Sativa 35%
THC
19-22%
CBD
3-4%
Flowering time
Indoor: 50 - 59 days
Yield
Indoor 650/750 g/m2 G/h & outdoor 650-800 g/plant
For more information on this strain:
Mazari Grape Feminized – Medicann Seeds

This is the survivor of my second grow, which began last spring with three of this strain and a fourth plant, Neville's Haze.
Because the tent was overcrowded, I didn't get much. I kept two the Mazari grape for my first reveg last summer, and one didn't get much light so I pulled it after the reveg was over. Then I began to reveg this one plant in the fall, and harvested it in 90 days, harvesting 5.8 oz of buds and enough trim to make hash. Here's the plant after harvest, trimming, and cleaning the water and the reservoir. I added hydroton to the ebb and flow tray. I want to keep the roots as healthy as possible, and hydroton absorbs liquid and keeps the tent humidity down, and adds oxygen to the tray as the water ebbs and flows. I water the plant for five minutes, every three hours. This is enough time to fill the tray with nutrient-filled water. Here's a photo of the denuded plant, with the buds that were underneath the main canopy. I left these so it would reveg easily.

afterharvest.jpg

I'm an old hippie who got tired of buying my medicine online and having to deal with Bitcoin all the time, sweating the mail. LOL. I use it for my neuropathy and pain in my legs and arms. I also use it for anxiety. My favorite way to use is with a bong, but I also roll a mean joint and know how to vape. I make my own vape juice, but use it mostly to add to coffee and begin my day.

I grow indoors in a Gorilla tent. My equipment:
  • Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT22 Tent, 2' x 2.5' x 5'7"
  • 2 of these: 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower
  • Viagrow Complete 2 ft. x 2 Ft. Ebb & Flow Hydroponics System

• VIVOSUN 440 CFM 6" Inline Duct Fan with 6" Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal
  • General Hydroponics nutrients

I also use Cal Mag, beneficial bacteria (Hydroguard) and SM 90 for keeping the water clear.

This grow began on January 1, 2018. It will be complete on April 1. I like the irony of those dates. It is scheduled to go on 12/12 February 14, but I'll be out of town and won't be able to begin the 12/12 until a few days later, which is OK. I'm scrogging the plant, and want to see if I can increase the yield. My dear husband made me the scrog net in his woodworking shop, and made the net from twine. It is attached to a frame we made with zip ties.

DSCF41263.jpg

Another picture of the grow, a closeup of the leaves and another picture taken underneath the scrog.

custems.jpg
cutent.jpg

OK - so keep watching. I love this strain. It is mostly Indica, and has heavy kush genetics. As the plant continues to mature, the buds get bigger. I'm looking to increase my yield and will appreciate any advice.

Pinktiger :Namaste:

Welcome to Day 38 of revegging my Mazari Grape.
As you can see from the pictures, the mighty MG is doing fine.
My PH level is hanging around 6, and my nutrient level is in the 1500 pm range. The tent is using about a gallon of water daily, and since its only a 10 gallon tank, I keep it filled by adding water daily. You can see my water bottles, stored outside the tent but in the closet.
The temperature is 75 in the tent now thanks to my milk house heater, which is positioned a couple of feet outside the air intake grill. I added the heater after failing to keep the temperature in the tent above 64 degrees. I felt that even for this kushy strain, the heat should be higher.

beforetrain.jpg

My set up is under the basement stairs. Excess humidity and heat are controlled by intake and exhaust fans, with adjustable rpms. The space is way too small, but it is better than nothing, and its stealthy, because nobody will notice it. However, they may wonder why I'm heating the closet, LOL.

mysetupclosd.jpg

mysetup.jpg
milkhouse.jpg

Daily I have to push growth under the net. I will stop doing this when I run out of net, and then when I turn lights to 12/12 on Feb. 18, it should be just right. This plant is very sturdy, so if you don't push the tendrils under the net immediately, you can't get the stems to bend later.

loseup.jpg

Open_tent2.jpg

after_training.jpg

I can always think of what to say about my grow when I'm down there in it, but now I'm drawing a blank.
OK, I'll be back on the 18th to show you what it looks like.

Looks good. I reveg myself but a different way. I have enough dealing with the lil shits myself doing their thing . I can only imagine what's it's like with a whole plant . I'll keep an eye on ya :)
ac3f13054517d3f7466c42f2fd4a6ff5.jpg

Explain how you do it. I'd be grateful. I've read everything I can find, and I've learned a lot by doing. One thing I'd appreciate is how to deal within my limited space better, especially with all the cords, timers, fans etc.

Explain how you do it. I'd be grateful. I've read everything I can find, and I've learned a lot by doing. One thing I'd appreciate is how to deal within my limited space better, especially with all the cords, timers, fans etc.
Ok well basically I cut my clones two different ways . One way makes them shorter and bushier and buds just everywhere . And the other way lets them grow taller like a plant but with way more bud spaces. When u start to flower as soon as u have some bud starting to form take a decent size clone of a top branch. That will be your taller plant. Now for the shorter stalker big fat stalk plants and big buds also . Take a bottom cutting on your lower limbs. Or take a whole smaller limb. Actually that's what I do . Hopefully that's helps. I'll try and look for a pic for ya .
c520f7793e024d41f98e0a0d2f9fdcd5.jpg

The problem being I don't have a cloning tent or an extra tent. Suggestions?

The problem being I don't have a cloning tent or an extra tent. Suggestions?
U don't need a tent to start clones brother . Grab some peat moss a tray and a clear tote with a clear lid. If u can take a light if your budding at the time u take em. Cause u should be lol. 12 12 . I use an led on top the tote . Keeps humidity and heat perfect

Finally back with an update to this journal!
When I returned from several days in Las Vegas, my tent was in great shape, with PH, temp and water quality showing good. By this time it had been on 12/12 for one week, as I went ahead and set it when I left. The plant had grown significantly during my absence, putting out more new shoots around the old buds, and stretching to the lights. So I pruned it underneath to make it bare under the canopy, and wove branches into the scrog net to encourage horizontal growth.
At this time I had left it on the same nutes as I used while vegging. The water quality was still very good, and the plant seemed to be doing well.

On March 1, I changed the water. First, I drained it, using an aquarium hose hooked to the pump. Then I refilled it with lukewarm water and ran FloraKleen through it for three hours, then drained, refilled the tank, adjusted the PH after preparing a light nutrient solution, at about 1200 ppm and 6.6 ph. Actually, scratch that, I didn't adjust the PH. I left it at 6.6. That is because two days later, I adjusted the nutrients to 1750 ppm. The PH read 6.2 afterwards.
Stretch has continued, to my consternation. I feel I should have lowered the lights, but the tent is so small that it wouldn't be more than a day or two before they would have to go back up. That is the problem with a small tent.
Today, March 8, I trimmed the plant again. I removed all the smaller shoots that take light and nutes away from the big colas.
Because this plant is a Kush variety, it tends to have large colas. Trimming the undergrowth is a must, I feel.
The temperature is about 65 during the daytime, and goes to 61 at night in the tent. Again, it is in the basement of the house, and is therefore underground. The temp is low, but it is steady, and the plant seems to like it.
Bud development is good at this point, but I'm wanting the colas to fluff out more. Maybe now that more light is penetrating the canopy, this will happen.

Back
Top Bottom