Short Rider Soil - Attempted Reveg

So a new update for my train wreck and short rider. I took some pictures and no for sure sign of sex on the SR but I think I may see a ball starting to grow. I am half tempted to just let the SR grow out for growth patterns and more information for myself on the autos. Train wreck is going to need some trimming soon to keep her more bushy and less leggy. I think I will keep the trimmings for clones for a buddy or two of mine. Just need some little seed starter plugs first. Now for images.
SSPX1288.jpg

Top shot of SR in need of some watering. I put 32 oz of water in and I am going to say he drinks it up fast. The TW on the other hand needs far less water.
SSPX1287.jpg

Side shot of SR all drooped out.
SSPX12901.jpg

My good ole TW still amazing me at her resilience and will to grow. I was amazed she recovered with not a single fan leaf left on her all the production of sugars and reproduction of leaves came from the buds I left on. I think if the SR is male for sure in a month I will drop the lights back down to 12/12 to try to flower TW and see where she takes me with no seeds growing in the buds.:Namaste:

So update on my SR, still has a ball growing off on the fifth node, but now it is showing pre flowers around the top nodes. Kind of glad I kept SR when I first saw the ball shootin out still only a single ball growing. Makes me hope nature gives it testicular cancer and removes the balls before they really start. I did drop the height of the SR and it has shot up almost three inches in less than 24 hours, may end up lst after all to keep height down. I'll upload pics later.:Namaste:

So I tied the SR down and trimmed a few of the stretching Train Wreck branches. I also went ahead and hit the SR with some flowering nutes today. I only used 1/2 strength of a 10-15-10 build and only half as much as I would normally. I just want to make sure I dont burn it. SR still showing pistils on most nodes above the single ball that still has not changed. Half tempted to just say its a girl but it could hermy on me and be a heshe or a shim. Either way I am looking forward to watching this green grow.
SSPX1299.jpg

The Short Rider tied down with zip ties keeps it a slow adjustment daily so I wont over stress the plant.
SSPX1298.jpg

Over head shot
SSPX1297.jpg

Train Wreck still vegging along nicely. Will be slowly trimming her back to try and keep a nice small bush.
:Namaste:

So been awhile for updates life happens. Three days ago I took some pictures during the watering, today I found out need to cut back on the nutes for the SR new undergrowth is looking a tad burned. Ill fix that tomorrow when I water and feed again. Here are images from nov 10
SSPX1305.jpg

this is the top shot of the SR the new tops can be seen pushing through. I will update this photo when I get some time to show how much a three day growth difference is, I am half tempted to do some trimming or clone the Wreck for a buddy or two and scrap her for more room for the SR starting to think it is more of a hybrid than a true auto-flower. But then again could be the lumen output of cfl vs the hps or natural sun that is most likely recommended. either way I can not wait to see what the SR can do.
SSPX1304.jpg

Side shot of the SR three days ago. Today got tied down further when I checked on the girls. The new growth burn can be seen if it is looked for. Still not to worried at this point.

Updated images from today.
SSPX1307.jpg

Tons of tops starting to poke through. More pistils showing up amongst the inter-nodes and tops. No further sign of balls and can not find the one there was so looking good so far.
SSPX1308.jpg

Side shot. Lighter for comparison in height.
SSPX1312.jpg

Group shot of the Wreck and Short Rider. I may have found a home for the TW so I can get some more room. The deal will be I can have a TW clone when ever I want. I can tell the SR is going to be a skunky smell soon, almost time to pick up some ona gel and see what happens.

Very nice that short rider is a Bush! I think im gonna get some next time I grab some beans.(i also have a height restriction) But I had a quick question if you don't mind giving me your opinion. I'm growing an autoflower right now and was skeptical to lst because of the lack of information out there and my lack of experience. Mine just started to flower a few days ago, would it be a waste of time to do it now? I think it may hurt my yield instead of increasing it.

Very nice that short rider is a Bush! I think im gonna get some next time I grab some beans.(i also have a height restriction) But I had a quick question if you don't mind giving me your opinion. I'm growing an autoflower right now and was skeptical to lst because of the lack of information out there and my lack of experience. Mine just started to flower a few days ago, would it be a waste of time to do it now? I think it may hurt my yield instead of increasing it.

Welcome nugslinger420. I personally do not think it will hurt the autos but I like you found no information out there. One thing I did notice though is the SR auto so far has not had any growth effected by the lst. The way I see it is I am only expected to get maybe 1/2 oz tops so why not experiment with the first bean before I grow the rest. Only way to learn is to experiment and so far I do not think being root bound or lst has slowed the growth of This auto. Mine has only been showing signs of flowers for ten days now and is still on the 16/8 light schedule. Keep me updated on yours nugs if you do not lst and My journal will continue to be updated till she is done.:Namaste:

So small update, going to say the short rider is not a true auto flower. I am thinking this is a hybrid. While the SR did flower or show signs of flower regardless of light cycle, that is all it has done. Since the lst I did the SR keeps grown but the flowers have not. Almost tempted to change the lighting to 12/12 to see if that helps her flower more. At least now I know the SR is not a true auto and in the future I have some freedoms to trim and tie this bean. Perhaps I am wrong about it being a unstable hybrid but so far I think not. Think lighting change will be my best option. I'll post images later.:Namaste:

So late update but images will be from two and four days ago. So far SR has continued to grow up and out showing little pistils on most of the tops now.
SSPX1314.jpg

this is a shot from four days ago.
SSPX13191.jpg

Here is from two days ago.
SSPX1318.jpg

here is an over view of how bushy she is getting even with being so confined.
I will be giving her some nutes today along with a ph check on run off its been awhile on that. Also cut the lights down to 14/10 as I feel the SR should be blooming a tad more than she is. I do love the fruity woodsy smell emanating from her right now.

So new update after few weeks way too much has happened, received phone call from ex wife saying her and my kids would be here in couple hours. At a moments notice they showed up and I ended up having to neglect both my plants. Fast forward a week and both took some heavy damage. Now knowing revegging is possible and not to hard at all I have had to chop the Train Wreck and recycle the soil in my worm pot. I did some major trimming on the SR and will monitor for a week or so to see if it will recover. Lack of water did a large number on her so only time will tell. Got my fingers crossed as it is a uber resilient plant and really can not be held down. That is it for now will see if I saved pics from a few days ago when I first had time to check.

Ok so almost three weeks has came and gone. I am super lazy so I ended up just letting both them do as they please. I took all nutes away and have been giving both a straight water schedule and so far things are turning around. With all the stretch the SR is doing I may have to finish my taller box and move both of them into it soon. That will prob wait till after holidays. The TW is budding very nicely for having been dehydrated and revegged after a first harvest. I am starting to look forward to see what happens for a second harvest and as I did less trimming so have more tops than I did the first harvest. My journal instead of being kept here has been kept with paper and pen as I have not really had time to post on this great website. I will start to slowly re add nutes to the TW but will hold off on SR as she is stretching a ton since the wicked dehydration.
SSPX1340.jpg

This is the SR before the dehydration for a week
SSPX1336.jpg

same side of SR after dehydration.
SSPX13121.jpg

both girls prior to drought the SR and TW
SSPX1357.jpg

SR recently starting to make a come back.
SSPX1356.jpg

Top shot of the SR from recently
SSPX1353.jpg

top shot of the TW recently.
SSPX1351.jpg

and the TW from two days ago a bit closer with the camera.

A small side note the TW was not as affected by the lack of water as the SR was. All in all the SR only lost all under foliage and older fan leaves, they all dried up and fell off or were trimmed off to allow better air flow to the TW.

So another week came and went, it's the start of a new year and my SR is starting to flower with a purplish hue to the pistils. I will be uploading two sets of images later after my kids have gone back to their mother. So I started watering with 1/4 strength 10-15-10 nutrients. On the TW I have trimmed most if not all of the dead or mostly dead foliage. I just give a gentle tug on dying leaves and if it pops off it's dead if not I leave it. TW continues to bloom and gets frostier every day. The SR has stretched to the limits of my mini box, so I may end up tying her down a tad. I probably will end up self medicating and not do anything but let SR and TW do what they want. Small side note I think next time I will just stick with one plant and perhaps a slightly larger pot for it to sit in, probably just twice the size width and depth wise over height, at least until I finish my slightly larger box sitting right next to smaller one in same closet. From trolling the forums I came across a few members commenting on lack of food for my girls could have caused them to drain the fan leaves of their sugars and other nutrients causing the fan leaves to yellow and die. As I do not know for sure I will tuck that information into long term memory for future reference or possible experimentation at a later time with a more controlled environment and larger collection of plants to take data from. Until then I will just continue to do my best and collect what data I can now.

ilikebike as to the no water my ex wife showed up and my box sits in the office closet which is currently being made into the kids bed room. As the kids were in there and watering fell on the time they were here I could not water either plant. The lighting schedule is six am to six pm so I have a small window of opportunity to check them. As to revegging a whole plant I am not to sure but do not see why you could not reveg the whole thing as long as it was not to far into flower or harvest the plant leave a few small flowers on her and go back to 18/6 lighting. Although I have no real knowledge on auto flowers and revegging them. My SR is so a hybrid that I can not consider it an auto no matter how I look at it. I do have some other auto seeds I am looking forward to trying after this harvest. Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

As far as flowering and then revegging just to check for sex, I have heard of it being done. I think a lot of growers take a clone or two root those in a 12/12 lighting cycle to check for sex as the stress then does not affect the actual grow but instead just is a clone one could grow, give away, or just trash. I personally would troll forums looking for info before trying it out. If you do try it, start a journal filled with the experience for others to learn from if you could.:Namaste:

I believe you should root it first and go 12/12 after roots are showing. It may take three to four weeks from start of clipping to signs of sex but there will be little stress for the mother plant. The only stress she will get is from the cutting. Good luck ilikebike and I am interested in the results. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom