Pantagruel's Mixed Bag Of Fluxes

Congrats on your nomination Troy. Haven't been by your journal yet but I will try to get over there tomorrow and take a look at what you have going on.

Drop by any time Van. Appreciate the Congratulations. I'm just proud to say that I have learned so much from some great growers here. I continue to learn every day and hope to continue to progress in my skills.

Hmm. I may have overfed, the droopiness is persisting along with a bit of tip curl in one Afghani. The trainwreck also has a fair bit of dark center, yellow edges going on. I might have caused a lockout there at the same time. I did a mini-flush yesterday which picked them up initially but they're flagging a bit again.

Last time I had serious problems I ended up just transplanting the works into a fresh mix. If they don't bounce back by tomorrow I may have to go that route.

I think it's the damn soil. Used Premier on the last one, nary an issue. I think the PH of this soil is well on the high side. Gonna have to repot tomorrow and stick with what works.

Yeah soil pH being high will certainly adversely affect your plants. Have you tested run off? If you have any of it lying around.....run some 6.5 pH'd water through it and see what your run off comes out.

I don't ph. I spent all kinds of money on a Hanna tester and it never worked right, so I got ticked off and took a simple approach. I tested the water when we got here and it was neutral. I just rely on a good growing medium and going easy on the nutes. This time I switched soils and hit them with a heavy fert. I did ppm the runoff at like 600. Anyway, they are back in the Premier soil 2 hours now and I think recovering. Hopefully some happy pics later on.....

Yeah I tried to go away from doing the pH at all but my water is just shitty so until I can get into better tap water or on some good well water, I am stuck pH'ing.

Many of those issues you might have seen in my garden was with soil that fluctuated up on the high side and me watering it with un-pH'd water. Seems all my issues have been rectified since I went back to adjusting the pH of the input water.

Ordered another PH tester today but they are perking up. Hopefully all is good. I might even hit them with some distilled water to try and leach some more salts out of the roots.

Shite! The tapwater is about 7.6 after it sits. I guess that's part of the problem. Then I hit them with a lot of nitrogen, I think that raises ph too.

Back
Top Bottom