Blueberry And Harlot

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
This time around I'm growing a Blueberry fem from one of our sponsors, Canuck Seeds. As well I have 4 regular Harlot, which is my own Harlequin x Gelato hybrid.
After 12 hours soak put the nicely sprouted Harlot into Jiffys. 8 Hours later the Blueberry joined them. The pic is two days later. As soon as they're established they go into the Aerogarden. I also have two Pure Kush clones that will go along for the ride.

As they start outgrowing the Aerogarden they'll be transplanted into a light soil mix of Promix, FF OF/HF and organic potting soil.

Cool - my last Blueberry run failed, so did my last Gelato effort so good on ya lol
Dang. I just checked and the tips of the Blueberry are starting to damp off a bit. I took the dome off, hope it will be ok. @Melville Hobbes says it's vigorous so hopefully she will recover.

Dang. I just checked and the tips of the Blueberry are starting to damp off a bit. I took the dome off, hope it will be ok. @Melville Hobbes says it's vigorous so hopefully she will recover.
Very vigorous, got out of control because I wasn't prepared for that so I didn't double top/LST etc
...and yeah, the seedlings were hard work too, fussy little buggers

My last one made it to late flower despite growing in soil that killed just about everything else. I harvested early due to mould, and it's still good bud.

Very vigorous, got out of control because I wasn't prepared for that so I didn't double top/LST etc
...and yeah, the seedlings were hard work too, fussy little buggers
Blue Dream or Blueberry Roy?

At three weeks. It's interesting how the four F1 Harlots (in the AG) show very different phenotypes. I'll top the two potted Pure Kush clones soon.

Now that the roots are well-established they are really starting to take off. I'll have to transplant the largest one out in a few days. Potted PK clones have been topped.

Bottom is our pet rosemary plant. I love rosemary (the scent has very beneficial effects for brain function) but it is not winter-hardy in Canada. Fortunately, I have a bunch of older generation LED's kicking around - this will be Rosemary's third season; she will look great on the front porch!

DSC_0027.JPG

I transplanted the largest Harlot last week, and it is already showing sex at 5 weeks old and 15 hours light. I'll transplant another out of the AG later today. Two more weeks until harvest, then these can go into the tent.

From left to right, two Pure Kush clones, large Blueberry (fem) and scrawny Harlot (reg) now in the veg room, aka the pantry, under an Optic 2. I'm trying to keep the Pure Kush small to leave more room for the Harlot and Blueberry. Still in the AG, two more Harlot (reg).

From left to right, two Pure Kush clones, large Blueberry (fem) and scrawny Harlot (reg) now in the veg room, aka the pantry, under an Optic 2. I'm trying to keep the Pure Kush small to leave more room for the Harlot and Blueberry. Still in the AG, two more Harlot (reg).

I've purchased Harlequin to mix with my heavy indica strains i really appriciate the way it helps with my artheritis in my hands an wrist. Nice cross you made with the gelato will you make a smoke report?

I've purchased Harlequin to mix with my heavy indica strains i really appriciate the way it helps with my artheritis in my hands an wrist. Nice cross you made with the gelato will you make a smoke report?
Thanks, I definitely will. I have grown it before and it is a heavy-hitter. I also did a Harlequin x Afghani last year which was nice, but it didn't pack the punch of the Harlot. I love the mellowness of Harlequin, it seems to smooth out all the rough edges.

Big Harlot from the AG is now potted (back L). Next to her a straggly Harlot, then the Blueberry. In front two Pure Kush clones. The big Harlot is in a sip pot, I'll put the Blueberry in a sip pot in few days. I'm harvesting over the weekend and then all these will go into the tent.

Here's the same Harlot from above trimmed and trained for an even canopy. She has ten tops, and they were almost all perfectly level to begin with, to within less than an inch. I love when that happens. I'd love to selective breed for that trait. One day.

Finished harvesting the Afghanis and moving everyone into the tent for this grow. The Blueberry on the left and the biggest Harlot on the right are in 5 gallon sip pots. The smaller Harlots and Kush are in 1-2 gallon pots. These will veg for 2-3 more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom