Afghani And Pure Kush

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
As usual, I'll be growing in a light soil mix comprised of various promix media, some FF OF/HF and some organic potting soil. Occasionally I hit a bag of soil or mix that seems to be really hot, so I've found that always doing a blend minimizes the damage that can occur when this happens. Soaked 4 x Afghani regs and 2 x Pure Kush fem (Canuck seeds) for 18 hours, then put them in jiffy pellets on top of an electric radiator. My heat mat doesn't get quite warm enough for good germination, 88 F seems to be the sweet spot. After 48 hours, all six have sprouted, one Pure Kush is still shedding her helmet.

A couple of the seedlings were really struggling and I thought I'd lose them when I put them in the Aerogarden at ten days. Ten days later and they are on the small side, but pulled through. Front two are the Pure Kush fems, back four are Afghani regs.

One month from seed. I transplanted the largest Afghani into my mini-sipper pot. They are all super-compact.

Thirty-three days. Just transplanted the large Pure Kush, now potted on the right. I bodged the PH watering the potted Afghani on the left a few days ago, badly burned a couple of lower fan leaves. Then I over fed the Aerogarden, and also burned some lower fan leaves on the rest. All seem to be recovering now, upper and new growth all looks good.

Still looking good. Some heavy indicas sound nice right about now.
We've been Indica-deprived here for a while. The goal is to produce at least 8-10 ounces, hopefully that will be enough indica for the year.

Soaked 4 x Afghani regs and 2 x Pure Kush fem (Canuck seeds) for 18 hours, then put them in jiffy pellets on top of an electric radiator. My heat mat doesn't get quite warm enough for good germination, 88 F seems to be the sweet spot.
Wow. That's about 10 degrees hotter than I go. Glad you're having success at those temps.

I figure that in nature seeds generally sprout in the cool but warming weather of spring rather than straight-up summer temps. I cooked some seeds at higher temps although I was using a mat I didn't have a lot of control over to do so.

I prefer indica's personally so I'm going to pull up a chair and follow along if you'll have me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wow. That's about 10 degrees hotter than I go. Glad you're having success at those temps.

I figure that in nature seeds generally sprout in the cool but warming weather of spring rather than straight-up summer temps. I cooked some seeds at higher temps although I was using a mat I didn't have a lot of control over to do so.

I prefer indica's personally so I'm going to pull up a chair and follow along if you'll have me. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Of course, climb aboard. Looks like problems with the calibration of my ph meter again. Got up this morning and the newly transplanted Pure Kush was all droopy and two big fans were crisping. I ran about 800 ml of distilled water through her, the runoff was 5.7. Ph is such a pain. :(

Six weeks from seed and time to move the middle one out of the Aerogarden. Shot of the root mass and then all six of the plants. There will probably be two males. I would have transplanted another one but I just brought the soil in from the shed so I could only get enough out for the one plant as its pretty frozen. Thought I'd better cozy her up to the fire therefore, and warm her feet. lol.

Unfortunately I only have the one tent and it has those long-flowering Sativas, which have a couple of weeks to go. There's room for a couple of pots so I'll swap them around.

They look Good, Mike!👍

Is that a little SIP in the first pic, on the left, or is it just a cup in a cup?

Thats a lot of plants for someone with only one tent..:oops:..
that sativa needs to get with the program..😁

Is that a little SIP in the first pic, on the left, or is it just a cup in a cup?
Ya, it's a little homemade SIP, it does a good job too.

Cool!
I've used a mini-SIP for my last 4 seedlings- makes for a real smooth transition to the
big SIP a little later on...

Continuing to transplant out of the Aerogarden. Only two left in there now, a stunted Pure Kush and an Afghani. The Pure Kush is a fem, and she struggled right from day one. Compare the leaves, both in the same reservoir, the Afghani couldn't be happier, the Kush looks like she has a Potassium lockout or something. It isn't the strain, because the other Pure Kush also came out of the AG perfectly happy. Just a sad plant I guess.

Back right is the Pure Kush fem, the other 4 are Afghani. You can see some damaged fans on the left two, my ph meter went goofy, I just replaced it. Will flip these in about two weeks, hopefully two of the Afghani are female.

Back right is the Pure Kush fem, the other 4 are Afghani. You can see some damaged fans on the left two, my ph meter went goofy, I just replaced it. Will flip these in about two weeks, hopefully two of the Afghani are female.

Awesome, I’ll be following also as I’d like to see how similar the afghan kush I’ve got going look compared to yours once finished. Love your work 🤙

Awesome, I’ll be following also as I’d like to see how similar the afghan kush I’ve got going look compared to yours once finished. Love your work 🤙
Right on. I'm not such a fan of autos either, they just don't grow the same as photos for me. Lots of folks on here do great things with them though! You might want to document your grow in a journal in your signature, makes it easy for people to check in with you. It's a good tool too, kind of scientific...

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom