Pantagruel's Perpetually Home

So, what's happened since the last post? Spider Farmer gave me a free SF1000 to make up for the bad communication. That was a plus. The Happy Frog soil continued to wreak havoc with the last grow, yields were low. However the Laughing Buddha frosted up quite nicely under the new BavaGreen Lights. I quick dried some and it definitely wakes you way up. I crossed it with Harlequin, which is my go to strain for reading. I'm hoping for a truly transcendental experience from that one.

lb01.JPG

It's been almost a year since I posted anything. My last 3 grows I've been fighting some mysterious problem where my plants all started to burn a couple of weeks into flower. I just couldn't figure it out. I'd transplant everything into new soil, it'd be ok for a couple of weeks, then everything burned and I get about a quarter of a harvest. Eventually I looked really hard at my Promix, turns out it was a 9 month feed version. I thought it was the soil, so the worse the problem got, the more I cut the soil with Promix. duh!

Anyway, I figured that all out and switched to the Advanced Nutrients 3 part formula in the process (which is fantastic). This time I have 5 Afghani-Kush and one big Jack Herer. The Jack Herer is 8 weeks and the AK's are 6 weeks.

JackAfghanJuly 008.JPG
JackAfghanJuly 007.JPG

JackAfghanJuly 003.JPG

Harvested all the Afghani-Kush today. Should be 4.5 oz dried, plus 1.5 oz for the Jack Herer, 6 oz total is a good run for me.

The two big colas will each be over 20 g dried. The biggest one, about 22 g.
AfghaniKush Harvest 020.jpg
AfghaniKush Harvest 022.jpg
AfghaniKush Harvest 015.jpg

Normally when I plant regular seeds I expect to get 50% female. Last time I got 4 out of 5 females. This time I got 5 out of 6. There are two other females, the Purple Thai at the back right is feminized, the Afghani-Kush in front of her is a clone, the next 5 are Laughing Buddha X Harlequin that I call Laughing Buddhakin. So I have to cram 7 plants into my 2x4 tent. This is my first Purple Thai, it is a long-flowering Sativa, 13 weeks, like Kali Mist. The Purple Thai is 1 week flower, the rest are 2 weeks.

buddhakin2021 007.JPG

Here's something pretty cool - my Purple Thai has grown a calyx in the middle of a fan leaf! Bottom is the cola of my Laughing Buddhakin, just because.... :)

purple thai calyx 006.JPG
purple thai calyx 009.JPG
purple thai calyx 010.JPG

After reading a thread about Durban Poison, whether it was landrace or not, I decided to take one last crack at germinating some old seed. I tried to germinate my last 40 seeds and was able to get one to pop! It's the tall one in the second pic. I'm also trying two new strains, one Gelato (left) and two Girl Scout Cookies (inspired by the current 420 thread). I want to produce some seed from these, especially since this is my last Durban and I do think this is the landrace. In a few weeks I'll pop either some Afghani (also landrace) or some Harlequin and produce some crosses with that. I'm thinking Durban x Afghani sounds good, but the Harlequin also crosses really well with everything.

GSCGelato 010.JPG

GSCGelato 012.JPG

GSCGelato 011.JPG

Looked like some lockout was starting, from salt build-up maybe, so I decided to do a mini-flush. Trying out AN Flawless Finish. Still 3
Buddhakin6weeksflush 017.JPG
Buddhakin6weeksflush 015.JPG
weeks left to go.

Wasn't getting even coverage with my two Bavagreen 120s so I added my Spider Farmer 1000 in the middle. I have them all dialed back a bit (they run a whole lot cooler at 85% power) so pulling about 300 w from the wall. The only problem with the Spider Farmer is you have to remove the ballast to adjust the draw.

My new Gorilla Tent got here yesterday. Setup was a bit of a chore, especially because, as it turned out, there is zero clearance to the front edge of the tent roof. It sure gives me a lot more headroom than my 5 foot tent though! I'm using my two BavaGreen LED's with my Spider Farmer 1000 in the middle. The new girls are 5 weeks old - can't wait to use the additional height!!

20211205_092843.jpg

20211205_092908.jpg
20211205_093145.jpg

Back
Top Bottom