Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil - 2015

Re: Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil -

both if you want both. i say. if you got room that is.
take clones from both and you have more. one at time then if something happens u no got none. or some say if biscuit doesnt bounce back you----- go hungry--------. lmao.
:thumb:
right now im making MJ Tea.

I am definitely going to be doing some clones 7 :)

Re: Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil -

You could definitely grow two (one of each). Just take into account how each strain may grow. You want to keep the canopy fairly equal. Understanding that you may have some issues with one stretching and may need some more aggressive training like HST.

Try and get an idea/research if either strain is a stretcher. If one gets out of control in VEG you may need HST or even pruning to keep them even. And then LST and HST training in flower. In general if you can keep the canopy even after 3 weeks of flower with training, you should be pretty good. Some strains will stretch more in flower but in general the majority of stretch is done by week 3 to 4 of flower. I have no problem busting a branch over 90 degrees at 3 weeks of flower.

At first you may feel bad and even think you killed the branch. But as long as it is still attached it will recover.

I would take 2 clones of each plant before you flip to 12/12. Make sure one survives of each plant so you can continue the strain. You can take clones up to 21 days in flower. A 21 day old 12/12 clone will grow a lot different than a clone taken in VEG cycle.

Now Grasshopper, you must leave and propagate the world. :rofl:

Thanks Scar, I was already thinking about how each one will grow different. As of right now I am unsure, however, I still have time to do the research. The size of the tent still does concern me though. With all three of the girls right now, the width is starting to be a problem. I will probably be forced to start doing some defol on these girls before long.

If I make my next girl wide through LST or SCROG, I feel like one would completely fill the tent. The tent is only 22" x 36" for length and width.

So why did you get another LED? Not happy with the GalaxyHydro? Or are you planning on Veg'ing with one of them?

I bought the the LED mainly because it is a better light, no question about that. The Platinum is a 11 band where the Galaxy is only a 9. The PAR results are triple at 18". However, I am happy with the GalaxyHydro for the price point. It has done extremely well. Also, I do plan on buying another tent for veg and they will be utilized. Once I start cloning especially.

Day 37 Short Rider - Day 35 Northern Lights
Hello 420 family. Yesterday I have the girls a little haircut. Didn't do a whole lot of defol, but when I was done there was a pretty big pile of leaves. I also gave them a full dose of nutes while I was doing the defol.

I was going to do an update last night, but they were looking so sad after I watered them I figured it would be better to wait till today. Of course they are all perked up today.

I also got my AK48 in the mail and all of my air pots ready to go for the next round for photo. I have decided I will do 2 plants (1 AK48 and 1 Wonder Woman). I am super stoked about it. By then my new light should arrive and I will be ready to move forward.

In the mean time, I am taking care of my current girls and keeping them happy. Without further ado, here are some pictures of the girls.

Short Rider - Day 37
37-SR-1.png

37-SR-2.png

37-SR-3.png

Northern Lights #1 - Day 35
35-1-NL-1.png

35-1-NL-2.png

35-1-NL-3.png

Northern Lights #2 - Day 35
35-2-NL-1.png

35-2-NL-2.png

35-2-NL-3.png

Group shot of all the girls. From left to right NL#2, NL#1, and SR
group-37-35-1.png

group-37-35-2.png

Looks like things are running real smooth

Thanks Scar. Things are running pretty smooth with these girls. Can't wait to see their buds fatten up and get some trichomes on them. :)

Day 40 Short Rider - Day 38 Northern Lights
Hello all. The girls are looking great and smell amazing. Everything has been running pretty smooth and thankfully none of them have had a midlife crisis.

Gave the girls some water last night with a little cal mag. Finally starting to see a few trichomes come through on NL #1. I also gave the girls a really light trimming while watering last night.

I hope you all enjoy the update.

Short Rider - Day 40
40-SR-1.png

40-SR-2.png

40-SR-3.png

Northern Lights #1 - Day 38
38-1-NL-1.png

38-1-NL-2.png

38-1-NL-3.png

Northern Lights #2 - Day 38
38-2-NL-1.png

38-2-NL-2.png

38-2-NL-3.png

group-40-38.png

looking great, keep it up

plants looking great in love the structure on the short rider and the Northern Lights number 2 number one looks great as well now's the time for them to fatten and pack on trichomes

plants looking great in love the structure on the short rider and the Northern Lights number 2 number one looks great as well now's the time for them to fatten and pack on trichomes

Thanks growlover! I can't wait to see them fatten up and get some beautiful trichomes.

Almost there! :cheer:

Lovely girls, Shadowmoses.

Hey shadow your plants are looking great...thought id pop in since ive got a few nirvana nl's on the go. Looking forward to seeing your flowering stage!

Hey shadow your plants are looking great...thought id pop in since ive got a few nirvana nl's on the go. Looking forward to seeing your flowering stage!

Thanks Sol. I am super excited to see a flowering plant in person as I have never got to experience that before. Really cool seeing the trichomes start to shine. :)

I will check out your journal as well.

Keep up the amazing work bud I'll def be following along
Glad to have your here rideouts. I am looking forward to seeing yours grow with an HPS. :welcome:

I will be posting an update shortly.

Day 42 Short Rider - Day 40 Northern Lights

Hello all, so all the girls are now in their 40's and still are chugging along. All of them now appear to have trichome frosties forming. NL #1 seems to be further along than the other two.

I just fed all the girls a full dose of nutes and gave them a pretty big trimming. This will probably be my last defol on the girls before harvest. I took the single pictures before the defol and apologize for that. The group shot they have been trimmed but as you can imagine it is kind of hard to see under the LED.

Hope all is well in all of your worlds. Here are the girls.

Short Rider - Day 42
42-SR-1.png

42-SR-2.png

42-SR-3.png

Northern Lights #1 - Day 40
40-1-NL-1.png

40-1-NL-2.png

40-1-NL-3.png

Northern Lights #2 - Day 40
40-2-NL-1.png

40-2-NL-2.png

40-2-NL-3.png

group-42-40.png

Looking good

Day 45 Short Rider - Day 43 Northern Lights
Hello there 420 family! Big update today.

The PlatinumLED P450 came in on Friday and I got it all set up before the girls went to bed that night. So today is their first full day under the new light. I am really excited to see what this light can do for my girls and future grows.

Today I heavily watered the girls with PH 7 water with just some Cal-Mag. Wanted to kind of flush them out a bit. The run off has been getting lower and lower. Been hard getting the runoff to what it needs to be. This is Terra Professional Plus soil so I am not sure why the PH runoff has been bad. I always put 6.5 to 6.8 in and recently been getting 5.6 out or so. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, NL #2 looks like she has a Calcium deficiency so I figure the cal-mag flush might help that as well. Please see pictures and let me know if you think this is a calcium deficiency. It is only affecting some of the leaves on the main shoot.

Other than that the buds have been fattening up and putting on lots of trichomes. So exciting to see. Looks like I might make it to the end with these girls on my first grow.

I was also wondering about how long I am from harvest? I will want to flush these girls and only give water for the last 2 weeks from what I have read.

Short Rider - Day 45
45-SR-1.png

45-SR-2.png

45-SR-3.png

Northern Lights #1 - Day 43
43-1-NL-1.png

43-1-NL-2.png

43-1-NL-3.png

43-1-NL-4.png

Northern Lights #2 - Day 43
43-2-NL-1.png

43-2-NL-2.png

43-2-NL-3.png

I think this is a calcium deficiency. Thoughts?
43-2-NL-4.png

group-45-43-1.png

group-45-43-2.png

PlatinumLED P450 Installed
platinum-1.png

platinum-2.png

Back
Top Bottom