Shadowmoses - High Brix - AK48 - Wonder Woman - 2015

*raises her hand* Uhhh what is scoring the roots?

*raises her hand* Uhhh what is scoring the roots?

Using a razor blade, you make 4 vertical cuts, 90 degrees opposite eachother, from the top to bottom of the root mass. I've got a tutorial of it on the "In the Lab" thread.

This is a basic cultivation technique that encourages lateral branching of new root growth and eliminates the "spin out" we see of roots growing around the outside of the soil mass.

If you want a robust, healthy root system, this needs to be done! It's one of a series of "little things" that can take a grow from good to great.

In The Lab With Doc Bud

Okay. Im glad I asked. :) Im doing 3 little plants myself and this time I did not start them in their final pots, so this is good info I didnt know I needed.

Thank you. :blushsmile:

Well ... I have to confess that I don't score my rootball so ..

TIP for when forgetting to score the root ball;

I forgot to score the root balls on one grow so I took a heavy piece of wire I use for staking down branches and stuck it in near the stem and pulled outwards ripping through the root ball at 3 different spots.

It didn't hurt the plants any and the pots were full of roots when I harvested.

Thanks Hash Hound I will remember that for next time. I am in week four of flowering and I think things are okay so I will wait it out this time. Lesson learned though. I think that the roots will be fine, they just won't be as thick on the edges. I transplanted early enough in those pots that it shouldn't be a problem. We will see at harvest time. :)

TIP for when forgetting to score the root ball;

I forgot to score the root balls on one grow so I took a heavy piece of wire I use for staking down branches and stuck it in near the stem and pulled outwards ripping through the root ball at 3 different spots.

It didn't hurt the plants any and the pots were full of roots when I harvested.

Thanks Hash Hound, that's a good tip. I tried it after reading this post and didn't notice any stress on the plants afterwards. My plants are still in veg.

Wonder Woman Clone Day 71 (Flower Day 22) - Wonder Woman and AK48 Harvest numbers
Well hello 420 family and DBHBB gang.

What a week. A lot going on here in wonderland. I got married, went on a honeymoon, grandfather died, got it a wreck (not my fault), and got a new job offer. Seems like a little bit of a balancing act. I hope all is well with all of you.

On to the plant updates.

Final numbers for Wonder Woman.
51.44 grams or 1.81 ounces.

Final numbers for AK48.
70.53 grams or 2.48 ounces.

Total weight of the two girls.
121.97 grams or 4.3 ounces.

I am happy with those numbers. I will admit with everything going on I haven't even had a chance to sit down and smoke either of them yet. I am looking forward to that day so much :) ! I just want it to be a relaxed moment and with everything going on right now I think it will be well worth the wait.

On to my Wonder Woman clone. She looks amazing. I can see the Mag deficiency setting in a little more. I did mix in 3 table spoons o f Epsom salt when I topped dressed my recharge at last weeks drench. I am wondering if I should go ahead and top dress some more. I don't want her to get all curled up like last time.

The spider mite war is still on and I took your first recommendation Doc and will be doing heavy foliar sprays and reduced strength. If that doesn't work out, which it should as the infestation is not too bad, I will get some of that pyrethrin and give them a good spraying.

Other than that she is doing amazing. I am thinking my next drench should probably be my first Cat drench. The buds look to me like they are set in. Do you think I should wait one more week?

Again, I hope all is well in all of your worlds and apologize for my absenteeism. Talk to you all soon!

Wonder Woman Clone - Day 71 (Flower Day 22)
71-WW-Clone-1.png

71-WW-Clone-2.png

71-WW-Clone-3.png

Wonder Woman Clone Day 71 (Flower Day 22) - Wonder Woman and AK48 Harvest numbers
Well hello 420 family and DBHBB gang.

What a week. A lot going on here in wonderland. I got married, went on a honeymoon, grandfather died, got it a wreck (not my fault), and got a new job offer. Seems like a little bit of a balancing act. I hope all is well with all of you.

On to the plant updates.

Final numbers for Wonder Woman.
51.44 grams or 1.81 ounces.

Final numbers for AK48.
70.53 grams or 2.48 ounces.

Total weight of the two girls.
121.97 grams or 4.3 ounces.

I am happy with those numbers. I will admit with everything going on I haven't even had a chance to sit down and smoke either of them yet. I am looking forward to that day so much :) ! I just want it to be a relaxed moment and with everything going on right now I think it will be well worth the wait.

On to my Wonder Woman clone. She looks amazing. I can see the Mag deficiency setting in a little more. I did mix in 3 table spoons o f Epsom salt when I topped dressed my recharge at last weeks drench. I am wondering if I should go ahead and top dress some more. I don't want her to get all curled up like last time.

The spider mite war is still on and I took your first recommendation Doc and will be doing heavy foliar sprays and reduced strength. If that doesn't work out, which it should as the infestation is not too bad, I will get some of that pyrethrin and give them a good spraying.

Other than that she is doing amazing. I am thinking my next drench should probably be my first Cat drench. The buds look to me like they are set in. Do you think I should wait one more week?

Again, I hope all is well in all of your worlds and apologize for my absenteeism. Talk to you all soon!

Wonder Woman Clone - Day 71 (Flower Day 22)
71-WW-Clone-1.png

71-WW-Clone-2.png

71-WW-Clone-3.png

You're right in the zone.....maybe add just a bit more epson and trim off the lowermost branches. That flirtation with the mag def is EXACTLY what you want.

Again, it's not because there is a lack of Mg in the soil. It is because the plant is blooming at a furious pace and the small containers, by their very nature cannot keep up. But you want it right at the edge....which it is.

I'd advise doing the Cat Drench right now, follow the two of them up with a light watering and then a Super Drench.

You're right in the zone.....maybe add just a bit more epson and trim off the lowermost branches. That flirtation with the mag def is EXACTLY what you want.

Again, it's not because there is a lack of Mg in the soil. It is because the plant is blooming at a furious pace and the small containers, by their very nature cannot keep up. But you want it right at the edge....which it is.

I'd advise doing the Cat Drench right now, follow the two of them up with a light watering and then a Super Drench.

Thanks Doc! Your advise is invaluable. I will top dress with 1 1/2 tablespoons and do the Cat drench! So stoked about how she looks right now.

I thought I trimmed her up good enough. I took off so much last week or so it seemed. How high up should I go? Also do you remove the leaves with the branches that you take off?

Thanks Doc! Your advise is invaluable. I will top dress with 1 1/2 tablespoons and do the Cat drench! So stoked about how she looks right now.

I thought I trimmed her up good enough. I took off so much last week or so it seemed. How high up should I go? Also do you remove the leaves with the branches that you take off?

I like to be able to see a good deal of dirt when looking straight down from the top. Maybe take the lowermost, innnermost branches and then leave it alone.

Nice one shadow, & wow what a week you've had indeed! hope you get to enjoy the smoke you just harvested very soon.
:Namaste:

Wonder Woman Clone Day 77 (Flower Day 28)
Hello 420 family, update time.

WW got her first Cat drench last week and is getting ready for her next one. She will be getting the second Cat in a few days. She looks pretty good and the trichomes are looking great. I guess the spider mites have been hard on her as some of her leaves aren't looking all that great. Also, magnesium can't keep up with her right now. Some leaves are starting to fold as they did last time despite my attempt to keep her in the zone. I actually gave her 3 tablespoons of Epsom salt topped dressed with the first Cat and she still is folding those leaves. Not really sure this can be helped at this point. I did trim off some of those center leaves before the 1st cat drench so they weren't blocking any buds and you can see dirt as Doc recommended.

After the next Cat drench I will be giving her water the next week and then prepare for a Super Drench.

I hope all is well with everyone and I will talk to you all soon. Happy growing 420!

Wonder Woman Clone - Day 77 (Flower Day 28)
77-WW-Clone-1.png

77-WW-Clone-2.png

77-WW-Clone-3.png

77-WW-Clone-4.png

In the zone!
Only 4 weeks into bloom? She is going to be amazing. How long will she go?

She looks great and the leaf removal is really getting the light down there. Not a popcorn nugget to be seen and the big bud structure is very solid. She's gonna give you some great density.

Thanks Shiggity, I am super excited about the buds on her. When you compare with last week they are really starting to dense up. :)

I plan on taking a small break in between this grow and my next. I want to clean the tents completely out and get rid of these mites. They are getting me down lol. Plus, going to treat the wife with new carpet for Christmas so it kind of gives me an excuse.

In the zone!
Only 4 weeks into bloom? She is going to be amazing. How long will she go?

Thanks Major! The website claims 8 - 10 weeks before harvest. I really hope she can go for 10 weeks. She would have some huge buds at that point :) . Her mother only went for 6 weeks, but I probably could have let her go quite a bit longer. I harvested her so I could make room for the clones :) .

Thanks Shiggity, I am super excited about the buds on her. When you compare with last week they are really starting to dense up. :)

I plan on taking a small break in between this grow and my next. I want to clean the tents completely out and get rid of these mites. They are getting me down lol. Plus, going to treat the wife with new carpet for Christmas so it kind of gives me an excuse.

I think this is wise. I can't stand the little buggers.

Wonder Woman Clone Day 86 (Flower Day 37)
Hello 420 and gang, update time.

Busy, busy, busy... That is my lot in life right now. I wish I had the time to be on 420 more, but man oh man, one thing after another.

I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to catch up on all my subscribed journals soon. Hopefully, Christmas break :) .

On to the girl. Her buds are continuing to fatten up. Leaves are still going down hill though. Perhaps next time I might be able to get nice leaves all the way through. Good to have goals. This is after her second Cat drench and she will be getting just water this weekend. If all goes as planned she will be getting a super drench after the water week. Other than that she is growing strong and should give a nice harvest. This is week 6 of flowering and I am hoping she can make it a least 9 weeks.

Got to run for now 420. I miss you all!

Wonder Woman Clone - Day 86 (Flower Day 37)
86-WW-Clone-1.png

86-WW-Clone-2.png

86-WW-Clone-3.png

86-WW-Clone-4.png

86-WW-Clone-6.png

86-WW-Clone-5.png

Coming down the last few weeks. How exciting! Her leaves may not look like all that, but her buds are totally droolworthy!

Back
Top Bottom