Seraphim Goes High Brix with Strawberry-Diesel

Good morning 420Mag friends!

Today I finally watered her for the first time since transplanting to the 2 gal smart pot. That was 2 full weeks and one day for a 2 gal container.

She got tea/transplant/Growth Energy in distilled water. She looks just like I do after a big meal.

On another note, it is good to see relevant conversation that is on topic spin off on its own. I fully endorse that! :)

My High Brix plans are to get this first run with Strawberry Diesel down and learn the routine, then I have some other genetics that I think will do well in High Brix. My pheno of Tangilope is fantastic and mostly sativa, I am certain it will do stellar in high brix and that will likely be the next one. I also have pure Tangie which is also mostly sativa. I have too some Strawberry Sour Haze which is Strawberry Cough with Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (SSSDH) which is heavily sativa influenced. Some of these are moderately to heavily crossed strains but I have every intention of taming them under high brix even if they need a little extra something to keep their salty appetite happy.

Hello Sephiroth420! Welcome aboard!

:welcome:

:popcorn:

Hello there 420Magazine-land!

Sorry for the sparse updates, veg is fairly straightforward.

My little High-Brix Strawberry Diesel señorita is chugging along just fine. She was topped about 15 days ago and has moved on nicely. She is healthy, happy and green.

She will continue to veg until the bloom tent is vacant and has room for her at which point we will go into flowering.

Unless any issues come up, expect the next update to be when flowering begins which will be at least 3 or so weeks.

Here is what she looks like today...

IMG_35385.JPG

IMG_35375.JPG

IMG_35365.JPG

IMG_35355.JPG

IMG_35304.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!

:Namaste:

Lookin' good so far, Seraphim. I'll hitch a ride on this one too and hold on tight when that HB-powered diesel kicks into gear.

Top of the day to ya Seraphim.....Great start sir, looks like your on the right track bro....great to see. Remember ....we're all here for you if you need help or have any ?'s. If you don't mind i'm subbed!! Duggs.:high-five:

Thanks duggan, I appreciate it. Thus far just vegging along with no issues that I can see. Following instructions.

Lookin' good so far, Seraphim. I'll hitch a ride on this one too and hold on tight when that HB-powered diesel kicks into gear.

Whats up tokezilla! Welcome aboard. This journal is slower going than the other one. I expect this one to heat up once in flower.

Glad to be here Seraphim. After seeing your previous ginger gals, I surely couldn't miss this one. Should be a great show, grow on!

Many thanks duggan and Seraphim, everyone is so friendly and welcoming here!

I was an outdoor grower for many years until the laws became draconian and the local heat oppressive. I hope to relocate very soon to a state that's med-friendly or better so am catching up on the technological advancements and planning my perpetual grow cabinet/room. I'm between jobs but in the booming med-tech industry so now am considering only relo options that will make this plan a reality. I can almost feel the freedom in my future and it keeps me motivated.

These LED grows are awesome, I can hardly wait! Thanks again! :Namaste:

I was an outdoor grower for many years until the laws became draconian and the local heat oppressive. I hope to relocate very soon to a state that's med-friendly or better so am catching up on the technological advancements and planning my perpetual grow cabinet/room. I'm between jobs but in the booming med-tech industry so now am considering only relo options that will make this plan a reality. I can almost feel the freedom in my future and it keeps me motivated.

Well.... I was never one to complain about living in Colorado.... ;);)

In all seriousness I am sorry to hear that your environment does not foster your outdoor garden anymore! ): Sendin' only good vibrations your way my friend, I work in a hospital/university here in Colorado so I am semi-exposed to the med tech industry and it does seem to be on the up... Our Medical School and Labs have both received more funding this year than any years previous... Very exciting stuff.

Not only that, I work in the Neurology Department, and a lot of that funding goes to research on Cannabis' effect on certain Neurological disorders, and many are seeing extremely successful results.

My next bong rip is too your freedom my friend! Excited for you, all the best! :Namaste:

I was in a similar position a few years ago. I encourage you to move. We endorse the places where we live. With our work and our taxes. If I don't agree with the rules, I sure as hell don't want to give them my tax money.

I love Colorado and the way things are here and I am happy and proud to pay my taxes here and contribute to THIS economy and not the one of the oppressive states.

I hope you find your way out of there sooner rather than later.

Thanks all, am glad to hear of the med research and community networking in CO but 'nuff about me, I am VERY interested in the grow medium tech experiments being run here by Seraphim, Doc and so many others. Can't wait to see how these Strawberry Diesels compare to the last mineralized soil grow. This is applied science at its best!

Hat's off to the 420 community master-growers and pioneers :bravo:

Thank you gentlemen. Welcome aboard.

The blooming tent should free up in the next couple of weeks or less. So the fun here should start soon!

Seraphim goes HIGH BRIX with Strawberry-Diesel and Doc Bud's Kit!

You guys have no idea how excited I am to finally start down the road to my first High Brix grow with Doc Bud's kit!

First off, credit where it is due; A huge, dank, sticky thank you to Doc Bud for doing the legwork and putting together this absolutely new, innovative and scientifically accurate method of cannabis cultivation.

THANK YOU DOC BUD!!!! You are a pioneer among cannabis growers. In the book of the history of cannabis, your name shall surely be written with bold ink.​

What strain is it? ......................Holy Smoke Seeds STRAWBERRY DIESEL
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?.............50% Sativa / 50% Indica. (NYC Diesel x Strawberry Cough)
Veg or Flower stage?..................Veg
Indoor or outdoor?.....................Indoor
Soil or Hydro?............................SOIL~ Doc Bud's High Brix Soil
What is in your mix?
..............................................Pro-Mix HP 3.8cf
..............................................30Lbs Earth Worm Castings
..............................................Doc Bud's Soil Amendment (Comes in the kit)
What size pot?..........................3Gal VEG => 10 Gal Smart-Pot for Flower
Size of light?.............................Veg = MARS-II 400 Veg Spectrum
..............................................Flower = Advanced LED Diamond Series XML-350 LED @ full blast
Is it air cooled?..........................Yes. Units comes with internal fans
Size of room/cab........................Veg = 22" X 36" X 65" Bloom = 32"X 32" X 65" tent
Temp of Room/cab?....................75F
RH of Room/cab?........................20% to 30%
PH of media...............................6.2
Any Pests?................................None
Watering Schedule?....................As necessary

IMG_33247.JPG

IMG_33255.JPG

How things got started: I have a separate grow and journal going with a Strawberry Diesel plant in Mineralized Supersoil and I took five cuttings from her. The cuttings were rooted for exactly 14 days in the OxyCloner with a 100% success rate in root creation. On 12/19 they were moved from the cloner to Solo cups with well-cooked high brix soil, a sprinkle of ROOTS! powder on the newly developed roots and watered with ¼ strength Transplant.

I am using distilled water for everything here. And against my deepest growing instinct, I am not PH'ing the water at all. So far so good.

Yesterday one of the clones was moved into a 2 gal smart pot with High-Brix soil just like before, a sprinkle of ROOTS! powder around the root area and watered with Transplant. This morning she looks happy and healthy.

The High Brix soil grow has begun!

I normally have been starting my journals at the start of flowering to keep them more interesting but this one starts now at the dawn of veg state. The reason is mainly because I want to be well documented in the likely event that I need help from Doc, he will be able to see via this journal everything that has led to any particular event or point in time. This will help him help me when I need guidance.

I have been familiar with the process of growing for a very long time even before I started growing. I studied this topic for many years inside and out in books and forums as just an incredibly fun and engaging reading over a joint or bowl. When I was in my early 20s and had room mates, they would comment on finding extremely detailed sketches of imaginary CO2 enriched grow rooms on any piece of paper that found its way to my idle hands.

Eventually I had the means to grow and did. And I blew myself away with the quality I could produce for myself. But I was still not 'stable' at those times. Other sporadic isolated grows took place but nothing continuous until I moved here to Colorado and got going.

All of that time leading up to now, I have known one way to grow which is with salts(in other words, with fertilizers and nutrients as most grows here work). I have read about TLO, etc but never tried anything like that.

The reason I summarize all of that up is because I want you to get anidea of what it means when I tell you that this grow that I am about to start here throws everything I have learned during that time out the window. That is right. I learned how important PH balancing your water is; now I have to forget that. I learned to feed the right nutrients, now I have to forget that. I never used to foliar feed my plants or wash my buds upon harvest, now I have to learn that. Etc. etc.

At first it all looked too complicated and it turned me off a little as I imagined the extra work that is likely involved with this type of growing. But, the promise of a higher level of quality was too strong a temptation to pass up so I kept reading and learning about Doc Bud's High Brix growing and before I knew it the writing was on the wall and I was cooking my High Brix soil. It turns out it is actually pretty simple system!

>>FFWD to today and I am finally starting this grow. I know that this is not the type of strain that Doc normally grows High Brix so there are likely to be some bumps on this road that I will have to get through and that is fine.

Thank you again Doc for this revolutionary new way to grow. I cannot wait to get this dialed in and producing proper quality *which I fully expect will take more than one grow cycle to accomplish*.

:Namaste:

Welcome everyone!

great journal bro,question, where can I find this hi brix soil you speak of? Is it in your local hydro store and is there some type of website I can go to to learn about all this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, keep up the good work and I look forward to following your progress! :thanks::volcano-smiley::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom