Hash Hounds Brixperiment with Doc's Kit

sorry I misinterpreted your statement Doc.

No biggie. On with the grow, which should be wrapping up today if the tris look ready.

8.5 weeks in, plus it's full moon with a partial eclipse today. Plants always seem stickier and smellier to me on a full moon.

Wrapped up the grow today at 8.5 weeks 12/12

All plants seemed to be at the same maturity leaning more towards cloudy than clear with a some amber.

They really weren't as sticky or smelly as they normally are at full moon, except for the WW which was the stickiest and smelled like lemons. Different than any other WW I have grown. Even her structure was a little more on the airy bud side than usual.

It took almost 8 hrs to manicure and wash all 4 plants. What a chore.

Trimmed them all then into the wash. We changed the water after each plant, the water wasn't really dirty to warrant that, but we did it to be on the safe side. Shook off as much water as possible and hung to day.

Will give a smoke report and wrap up in about a week or so.

Here are a few shots. Nothing to dynamic or I probably would have spent another hour taking pics.

Pineapple Express
G11_PE_flwr_8h_wks_2buds.jpg

G11_PE_flwr_8h_wks_buds.jpg

G11_PE_flwr_8h_wks_wash_c.jpg

G11_PE_flwr_8h_wks_bud_c.jpg

Diesel
G11_PE_flwr_8h_wks_bud.jpg

White Widow
G11_WW_flwr_8h_wks_wash.jpg

Mohan Ram
G11_MR_flwr_8h_wks.jpg

G11_MR_flwr_8h_wks_wash.jpg

I forgot to comment on the fabric pots.

I loved using them as far as them being easy to move around with the handles and they let the soil dry out a bit faster then regular buckets.

I was surprised to see lack of big roots inside when I emptied them out. But there were tons of small hairy ones and none that wrapped around. There was a thick mass a little bigger than the original root ball from transplant, other than that they were all small.

The exception was the White Widow which was the youngest at transplant with not much of a root ball then. She had a larger thicker tap root that reached the bottom with a few larger ones branching off of that.

Overall I was pleased with them.

They went into the washing machine. We'll see how they hold up to that.

I will definitely use them again. And add a few grommet holes for attaching the LST wires.

TY KingJohn;

It's just a simple point and shoot Sony Cybershot. I usually only get one keeper for every 4 or 5 I take. Between my shakie hands and flashes washing out the pic, it gets tough to find ones I think are post worthy.

I wish I still had my old Pentax 1000 35m

The bags held up well in the washing machine, but really didn't come that clean for some reason.

Still some small root hairs attached and some discoloration like some sort of salt or mineral deposit left in a few spots.

I think next time would be better to turn them inside out and use heavy hose spray from the inside out to get them off of the bag. Maybe rub them a little to clean them up better.

Any way I don't think there will be any problem reusing them.

Forgot all about doing a brix reading yesterday at harvest, so I figure we'll try to squeeze a nice bud today and see what happens.

I figured it would be nice and juicy from the wash and be real easy. WRONG

Could not get one freakin drop or even a hint of moisture from a nice decent size bud.

And I am impressed at the texture of the washed buds. Strange though, they seem to have a very even moisture feeling to them even though nothing came out..

These seem like they will dry very nice. Knock on wood.

My head is killing me from the spill out of the golf cart the other day and I am still not thinking right, probably the vikes.

So I forgot to mention things about the grow.

There were only 2 very small isolated spots of bud rot. Just lost 2 small buds.

After the first week the only gnats seen must have been left over from the last grow and never made home in the new soil. So the whole grow was basically bug free. Except for one stink bug that made it in to the room never to be seen again.

The main thing I forgot to mention earlier is this is the first time I picked right on the recommended breeders times, and they actually looked ready to pick. Nothing like previous grows of "lets wait another week" for more amber.

They were mostly cloudy and more amber than any other grow to date. I know it's hard to put a number on it, but 10% is a good guess. There were actually patches of amber, where as normally there are only a scattered few at best even after 9 or 10 weeks.

The next kit is free....as long as you cook the damn soil.

I will gladly accept a free kit and give high brix another go Doc.

If you still have my stats, send when you can. If you need my info again let me know.

I will cook the soil in a much warmer environment this time.

sounds like you are ready to harvest anytime. harvest when you trichomes are at 5% and on for a more "head high" or clear high, harvest when your trichomes are at 30%-50% for a more "sedative" effect (strain dependent of course).

sounds like you are ready to harvest anytime. harvest when you trichomes are at 5% and on for a more "head high" or clear high, harvest when your trichomes are at 30%-50% for a more "sedative" effect (strain dependent of course).

I harvested on Saturday.

not sure what you mean by trichomes are at 5%, 5% of what? and 30-50?

If you mean ambers, I have waited for 18 weeks one time, 10-12 others and they still were no more than 10% amber.

as I stated earlier in a post they were mostly all cloudy with 10% amber which is the most amber I have ever had at harvest. They were ready enough for me.

I harvested on Saturday.

not sure what you mean by trichomes are at 5%, 5% of what? and 30-50?

If you mean ambers, I have waited for 18 weeks one time, 10-12 others and they still were no more than 10% amber.

as I stated earlier in a post they were mostly all cloudy with 10% amber which is the most amber I have ever had at harvest. They were ready enough for me.

The next run.....with the cooked soil, the new drench, etc......it's gonna be epic. I'll be packing your kit up today!

Thanks again Doc.

You stand by your product and that's big to me.

Your new kit shipped today. I was liberal with the Root Zone, as I am in all kits now. You also got extra transplant to use during bloom....jotted it down on the bottle....weeks 6 and 7 to be precise. In addition, you got the cationic drench to be used two waterings in a row beginning right at the onset of week 4 of bloom---as measured from onset of 12/12----- the idea is the let the plants stretch and get large for 3 weeks under 12/12, and slough off the stress that comes from abrupt photoperiod changes.

Then, after the 3 weeks, when it's obvious the flowing hormones have kicked in, the plants are stretching and changing and pre-flowers are everywhere, beginning to turn to flowers......hit them with the drench. It will give you a denser, more resinous bud, with fewer pistils and more calyx.

The drench is loaded with sulfur, so taste and aroma also improve in a more floral sense. You'll get some of that effect on what you just harvested, which I think might be pretty good.

And yes, I stand by my product. This time, leave a couples plants out of the Snowstorm rotation and see what happens, eh?

Back
Top Bottom