Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

Yes im seriously considering given them a try as well. These Samsung panels and cobs together seem to be killing it for some growers right now.
There are also Samsung Strips that can be used much the same way people are using the QBs. If anyone is interested in reading on them I have a link to read. You can set them up so the drivers are outside of the tent so you have literally no heat issues just you can do with the QBs. They are great ways to increase your coverage around the sides without investing in a big expensive light.

No, these are Samsung strips. I grow with the Fluence Spydrx Plus so i know what you are thinking. Those are expensive. These are strips that you can run to a driver like the QBs. Probably more of a DIY thing.

There are also these things that I am using in my little 2x2x4 tent. These are little 24 watt full spectrum LED strips that are daisy chainable. I am using them in my 2x2x4 to keep males for breeding or clones. They are great for small spaces cause I can run them right on top of the plants (I run mine as close to 3-4" above the plant). Here is a pic. This is 48 total watts in the 2x2 space. Light is fully white. They have 1', 2', and 4' lights.

No, these are Samsung strips. I grow with the Fluence Spydrx Plus so i know what you are thinking. Those are expensive. These are strips that you can run to a driver like the QBs. Probably more of a DIY thing.

There are also these things that I am using in my little 2x2x4 tent. These are little 24 watt full spectrum LED strips that are daisy chainable. I am using them in my 2x2x4 to keep males for breeding or clones. They are great for small spaces cause I can run them right on top of the plants (I run mine as close to 3-4" above the plant). Here is a pic. This is 48 total watts in the 2x2 space. Light is fully white. They have 1', 2', and 4' lights.

Which lightstrips are those?

I was talking with Ms Stank last night, we are actually considering running a small plant from start to finish under those 48 watts just see what it will pull. I have a phone app that measures Lux and those 48 watts will give me a reading of about 20k at 6".

Those are the 2' versions. I will PM you pictures OL. I don't want to get Dark in trouble by posting none sponsored stuff in here.

I just wanted to bring them up for anyone that might have need of some side lighting that can be run very close to the plants.

Those are the 2' versions. I will PM you pictures OL. I don't want to get Dark in trouble by posting none sponsored stuff in here.

I just wanted to bring them up for anyone that might have need of some side lighting that can be run very close to the plants.

Thanks, I am looking to replace my T5's in the veg area, and maybe use some for side lighting in my flower tent until I can afford the Fluence Spydrx Plus.

Thats a great light brother. Make sure you get the dimmer if and when you get that light! I think its like 80 bucks but you can control up to either 20 or 50 lights with that one dimmer. I don't have any buyers remorse with my Spydrx Plus. The coverage is amazing and I am running my tallest plant about 7" below the light and I haven't seen any light stress. My growth is great, hoping to increase my harvests to an average of 5 zips per plant. We will find out in 5 weeks or so!

Thats a great light brother. Make sure you get the dimmer if and when you get that light! I think its like 80 bucks but you can control up to either 20 or 50 lights with that one dimmer. I don't have any buyers remorse with my Spydrx Plus. The coverage is amazing and I am running my tallest plant about 7" below the light and I haven't seen any light stress. My growth is great, hoping to increase my harvests to an average of 5 zips per plant. We will find out in 5 weeks or so!

That is my biggest complaint if that's what you want to call it. After purchasing the COB/LED, then the CMH, none of them really are good for a 4X4 as they claim.
They will work and are all good lights, just more suitable for 3X3. The Spydr seems like it will adequately cover a 4X4 as it should.

OH it does! I have no desire to add any additional light in my tent with the Spydrx. It might not hit quite the same Par marks that other lights hit, but man nothing covers an area like the Spydrx. I think even their regular Spydrx would have better coverage than most LEDs out there and would be great for someone that can't quite afford the full Spydrx Plus. I think the regular pulls about 400 watts....but you can maximize your space better than most LEDs. And then to me, besides the coverage.....the room I gain with it in regards to height is the next biggest benefit. I love love love being able to run the plants close to the lights. Keeping plants short due to needing to run lights at 18"+ above the canopy is a thing of the past for me.

I don't have a PAR meter but I do have one of those phone app Lux meters and I only lose intensity along the outward 8" of the tent and even then not like I did when I was running regular LEDs.

I hate how I need to really look at all the specs when ording

Example looking for some cheap FAR RED to try out the result and just
about purchased these until I dug a little deeper

advertised as
"1 Piece/Pieces Eco E27 P38 12W 730nm far red led grow lights "

But looking a little deeper I see the LED's listed as
BLUE 460nm 3 pcs
RED 630nm 6 pcs
RED 660nm 3 pcs

???? were is the FAR RED ????

Back
Top Bottom