Growing High Brix With Mystery Seeds

I'm new around these parts, but looking forward to following your journal here! Good stuff so far!

Welcome to the 420 community, Stoney. Glad to have you on-board for the ride - and that also goes for everybody else who joined in the last few days.

Are you growing, yet? Cuz we'd all love to see what you've got going on, so we can help and admire.

Gone on vacation...

Just an FYI to all my peeps, I'm gone on vacation for the next two weeks. The plants are under the care of my roommate with simple instructions to water my babies with Transplant water when the pots get light or they look like they need a drink. So, no photos until the end of this month. By then, the Papayas should be finishing up flowering and my next round can go in the tent. It's looking like I'll run a Papaya and a Maui this next round, but I acquired an Animal Cookie and a Flo clone, which may make it into my new tent when it arrives.

To note, I won a Mars Hydro II 700w LED off eBay for under $200, so I can now flower two small tents at a time. Updates on that when I return. Until next time happy growing.

I think I might try some of the shops in Denver when I swing back through. Any recommendations?

My apologies, did see this post before you left town, the place I would look is La Contes, it's on the north side of Denver. They have a very large collection of clones. It's ever changing. May also want to look into ACDC seeds. Rumor is that the CBD level is the same as Charlotte's web.

Can you #spotthepot?

Just a quick update on Papaya #3 and #4 growing in my friends garden in SW Colorado. She says they look "healthy, stout, and bushy." She sent the photo below. Can you spot the pot?

Screenshot_2015-07-21-10-56-48_1_.jpg

She says since I gave her the seedlings, I'll get some samplers from the finished bud. Yippee! Only about 3 months to go...

Re: Can you #spotthepot?

Just a quick update on Papaya #3 and #4 growing in my friends garden in SW Colorado. She says they look "healthy, stout, and bushy." She sent the photo below. Can you spot the pot?

She says since I gave her the seedlings, I'll get some samplers from the finished bud. Yippee! Only about 3 months to go...

I think I found them in the top left hand corner near the fence

a friend with weed is a friend indeed :cheesygrinsmiley:

I def see those lovely ladys :circle-of-love: hope they like the co sunlight!!

Copyright... schmopy-right

I totally ripped your first post format lol!

Glad to know somebody else is getting use out of all the time I put into bulleting and indenting my initial post.

I don't mind...

:nomo: gonna pull up a chair if you don't mind

Go right ahead. The more the merrier on this High Brix Boat.

Glad to have you along.:welcome:

What's that thing we're supposed to do with a journal? Oh yeah, update it...

Just business as usual, or is it? - Veg Day 60
So, something happened... I returned! Also, I have some good news and some bad news. What would you like first? My ESP says you want the bad news first, so here goes:

A day or two before I left for vacation, a friend gifted me a Flo clone and an Animal Cookie clone in 4-in rockwool cubes which were transplanted into DBHBB soil. When I returned from vacation, both clones had evidence of spider mites - little teeny spots on top of the leaves, tiny reddish-black dots on the underside, and silk like threads between the leaves. They were promptly exiled and received an excessive foliar spray of 1-part H202 (aka "Hydrogen Peroxide") and 4-parts H20. I dumped the excess spray into each pot to saturate the top inch of soil. Thus far, no further signs of mite damage have occurred, but I'm probably gonna head to the garden store and pick up a bottle of Simple Soap or Mighty Wash just to be proactive.

That all sounds like bad news, but here's the good news:

The rest of my plants in the veg cabinet, Papaya #1 and #2, Maui, and Mystery Seed #3, which were transplanted into HB soil over a month ago are all free of the symptoms of spider mites. The leaves on all of the plants exhibit a sheen that wasn't seen in my last grow. And so, I assume the mites haven't been successful in their attacks on the HB plants because they're so healthy. As Dr. William Albrecht once said, "Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it."

Because I was gone for a couple weeks and only had my roommate feed them water with a splash of transplant, I gave all the plants a strong drench of Tea, Growth Energy, and Transplant along with a De-stress foliar spray.

Yada-yada, the proof:

A look inside the veg cabinet. From back-to-front, left-to-right: Papaya #2, Maui, Mystery Seed #3, and Papaya #1
IMG_74603.JPG

The exiles: Animal Cookies and Flo with a tiny Maui clone in front.
IMG_74666.JPG

Flo
IMG_74694.JPG

Animal Cookies
IMG_74704.JPG

To note, I have no idea when the Maui, Animal Cookies, and Flo clones were cut. That said, I'm going to assume they are all about 2-months old since I took my Papaya #1 and #2 cuts and planted Mystery Seed #3 on June 1st.

Yada-yada, thanks for stopping by... you're all the greatest... every time we touch I get this feeling... wait, that just the Maggie Reilly coming out in me.

Good day and good luck!
:Namaste:

Deck Outdoor Grown Papayas aka "The Dogs"

Okay, these aren't grown in Doc's High Brix soil, but they are strong and healthy and will receive some of Doc's drenches as an added treat. They are in a mix of Happy Frog soil, compost, and loam (from my yard). Both Papayas were clones taken from the two currently in my flower tent. They were the runts of the bunch and I couldn't justify chopping them because I have a soft spot for underdogs. Needless to say, they are no longer the underdogs. At almost two feet tall, they are roughly double the size of their twins in my veg cabinet. Unfortunately for them, fall frost in the mountains will arrive much sooner than they'll finish flowering, so I'll have to take extra care to bring them in on nights when temps are expected to drop below freezing.

Anyway, I present to you OG Papaya #1 and #2 aka "Dog #1 and #2":
IMG_20150802_092606.jpg
IMG_20150802_092549.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! :Namaste:

Looking outstanding mystery, this will be the first full organic journal ive seen and so far looking nice :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom