Seraphim Goes High Brix with Strawberry-Diesel

So it really doesnt matter as long as its from a good breeder basically? or an original strain? When I get seeds, i want them from neville (Mr.Nice), TGA subcool, or paradise of the islands. Might get some dutch passion strains as well.

No, that's not exactly it. TGA stuff is very much hybridized. Doesn't make it bad, but I've found his stuff grows really well in his supersoil mix, which is incredibly salty. (I've used it and had it tested.)

I would choose a strain that is mostly one thing, IE Afghan Kush or Indica, Pakistan Kush or Indica, Thai Sativa, Mexican Sativa, etc.
It's just like choosing to grow an heirloom tomato properly and compare that to an "Early Girl" or some other modern hybrid designed to yield and travel.

The more primitive and pure your genetics are, the more they respond to natural means of growing.

No, that's not exactly it. TGA stuff is very much hybridized. Doesn't make it bad, but I've found his stuff grows really well in his supersoil mix, which is incredibly salty. (I've used it and had it tested.)

I would choose a strain that is mostly one thing, IE Afghan Kush or Indica, Pakistan Kush or Indica, Thai Sativa, Mexican Sativa, etc.
It's just like choosing to grow an heirloom tomato properly and compare that to an "Early Girl" or some other modern hybrid designed to yield and travel.

The more primitive and pure your genetics are, the more they respond to natural means of growing.

Are there any Cheese strains like that? What about diesel?

Id like to know you're favorite strains to use Doc. Seems like you really like Afgan. Even though you probably have your own strains to take clones from etc.

I do not know the answer to that, Ottawa.

Quick update. Still no water.

The soil takes long to dry. There is still some moisture in there and she looks like she's going to the prom so clearly not showing any sign of needing water, yet. It can't be too long now. I will wait until the right time (almost bone dry and nearly wilting) before she's watered; that will be the next update.

Landrace, old-school strains:

Thai, Colombian, Afghan, Pakistani.....simple stuff, no crossing. If it grew for thousands of years on its own in the dirt it will LOVE high brix.

How do you personally go about finding Landrace strains such as the ones you mentioned... Since I got interested in growing I have been VERY interested in genetics and such. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I have found it hard to find a Landrace strain that I can order... As a matter of fact it is hard to find a pure Sativa as far as I can tell.

Do you have connections to breeders from your years of experience or do you breed yourself?

Also, are strains such as Lamb's Bread and Panama Red, Landrace strains? Or have those been crossed?

Thanks in advance

How do you personally go about finding Landrace strains such as the ones you mentioned... Since I got interested in growing I have been VERY interested in genetics and such. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I have found it hard to find a Landrace strain that I can order... As a matter of fact it is hard to find a pure Sativa as far as I can tell.

Do you have connections to breeders from your years of experience or do you breed yourself?

Also, are strains such as Lamb's Bread and Panama Red, Landrace strains? Or have those been crossed?

Thanks in advance

Reeferman has several Landrace strains.....
Large dispensaries often have clones of this or that.

I have connections....yes. But these came about as a result of my growing success. 6 years ago I didn't even know where to buy a bag of weed, let alone what seeds to choose! Give your heart to this, strive to do the best you can and the genetics will find you! I know that sounds kind of goofy, but everyone I've seen do this will agree with what I just said.....

Lambs Bread would be an example of an IBL strain, or in-bred line. This is the kind of strain we want in HB, ditto Panama Red, etc.

Try to get a pure Afghani Indica and a Thai sativa and you won't be dissappointed. The seed vendors have these, or something like them.....we just have to trust that they are actually sending what we ordered.

Reeferman has several Landrace strains.....
Large dispensaries often have clones of this or that.

I have connections....yes. But these came about as a result of my growing success. 6 years ago I didn't even know where to buy a bag of weed, let alone what seeds to choose! Give your heart to this, strive to do the best you can and the genetics will find you! I know that sounds kind of goofy, but everyone I've seen do this will agree with what I just said.....

Lambs Bread would be an example of an IBL strain, or in-bred line. This is the kind of strain we want in HB, ditto Panama Red, etc.

Try to get a pure Afghani Indica and a Thai sativa and you won't be dissappointed. The seed vendors have these, or something like them.....we just have to trust that they are actually sending what we ordered.

Awesome, I will look around the Dispensaries here in Denver, but from what I have learned from you... most strains I can procure will not be ideal for HB... You actually named one of the most popular strains here in Denver, Chemdog is crossed with... well it seems like everything out here. Haha.

I will continue my research online as well, just recently got my hands on some amazing Lamb's Bread... was honestly hoping for a bag seed haha. I really like IBL strains.

Thanks for all of the info Doc!

Awesome, I will look around the Dispensaries here in Denver, but from what I have learned from you... most strains I can procure will not be ideal for HB... You actually named one of the most popular strains here in Denver, Chemdog is crossed with... well it seems like everything out here. Haha.

I will continue my research online as well, just recently got my hands on some amazing Lamb's Bread... was honestly hoping for a bag seed haha. I really like IBL strains.

Try ACE seeds. They specialize in pure strains especially sativa. They will ship direct.

All strains will grow extremely well in HB. However, some won't taste the same as what people are used to. Most taste far better....but the chemdog variety has a peculiar trait in that it comes out really well in a high salt environment.

Don't think that only a few strains work in HB....quite the opposite! A few don't work....the rest come alive.

I like the old-school stuff because it's new and different when grown HB....like heirloom tomatos compared to discount grocery crap.

All strains will grow extremely well in HB. However, some won't taste the same as what people are used to. Most taste far better....but the chemdog variety has a peculiar trait in that it comes out really well in a high salt environment.

Don't think that only a few strains work in HB....quite the opposite! A few don't work....the rest come alive.

I like the old-school stuff because it's new and different when grown HB....like heirloom tomatos compared to discount grocery crap.

Oh, yeah don't get me wrong... I have ZERO doubts that any Cannabis plant grown in HBS will be truly phenomenal if done right. I mean the proof is in your Journals. It does make sense that some might taste different than their regular counterparts though, one of the many reasons I think Cannabis is so interesting.

I really enjoy your outlook on Landrace/OldSchool strains grown in HBS... It's like renovating a house or something haha, taking something that is already great and then tweaking every aspect of it until it is basically perfect... And even though they are the same strain, I'm sure your HB Landrace/OldSchool Buds look much different and way better than they would have in their hay-day. I will definitely be looking into some Landrace seeds, do you think a Landrace or IBL Strain would do better outdoors vs. indoors?

Again, thanks for all of you help Doc.

MaxYields, I can recommend Utopia Haze from Barneys Farm. It's an IBL Brazilian sativa. I've grown two phenos of it and they're both very special - it's a bright warm buzz often described as spiritual. Also, I just turned out a spectacular Destroyer from Cannabiogen - another pure sativa - Thai x Mexican/Columbian. Its genetics have been manipulated quite a bit, but it's a real winner.

Welcome to High Brix growing! :thumb:

MaxYields, I can recommend Utopia Haze from Barneys Farm. It's an IBL Brazilian sativa. I've grown two phenos of it and they're both very special - it's a bright warm buzz often described as spiritual. Also, I just turned out a spectacular Destroyer from Cannabiogen - another pure sativa - Thai x Mexican/Columbian. Its genetics have been manipulated quite a bit, but it's a real winner.

RE Destroyer:

Mexican/Colombian are almost the same thing. Crossing it with Thai isn't a big stretch at all.

When things get weird is when you take a Colombian, cross it with a Paki, cross that to a Blueberry, cross that to a ruderalis strain....and go from there....

Ohh lala, I will be giving that one a looksy for sure. Depending on price this might be the strain I grow outdoors this summer, I would be extremely happy with a 100% Sativa out in my garden. That also sounds like a high I would really enjoy. I have seen growers turn out some beautiful Destroyer's before... actually now that I give it some thought it was probably yours that I have seen. I will give both of those some consideration, thanks so much my man!!

RE Destroyer:

Mexican/Colombian are almost the same thing. Crossing it with Thai isn't a big stretch at all.

When things get weird is when you take a Colombian, cross it with a Paki, cross that to a Blueberry, cross that to a ruderalis strain....and go from there....

Yeah that sounds pretty frickin' whacky.... Thanks for all your help Doc.

Back
Top Bottom