Seraphim's Strawberry Diesel - Mineralized Supersoil - LED - Indoor Grow

Hey Seraphim,

You plant never ceases to amaze. Way to keep it rolling!

I was curious about the 11/13 light cycle, could you point me in the direction of your source? Sounds like something I'd like to read :)

Thanks!

Thank you!

I remember seeing a video online where DJ Short mentioned it favorably. I just tried g0 gling for it but couldn't find the actual video although if you do a search for 11/13 light cycle or similar terms you will find that it is a widely discussed topic with mostly favorable mentions. Between that, and that DJ short video I decided it was good enough for me to try. No complaints here. It seems to speed things up a bit.

Thank you c526!

:high-five:

That's a damn fine plant. I was just scrolling back through some of the pics and saw the size of that LED...that's a beastly light. I was also lurking around a thread you posted in about quality of finished product from a "cheap" LED compared to a more "respected" brand (like Mars vs. Advanced, etc.) and will be really interested in your .02 on the matter when this grow is finished.

You seem to be killing it with the move to soil!

:goodjob:

Thank you brother snow.. all of my grows before the ones last year were soil grows. Super-soil is a first for me as will be high brix. Hope the good fortune continues.

I am looking forward to seeing what the final crop says about the lamp as well. Incidentally, I just got an email today from Advanced about an XML-650 lamp that is coming out. Same format as this one but one step bigger.

Hey Seraphim, Plant look beautiful. Cool pictures playing with the lighting too!

Where did you find the information about the 11/13 light schedule? I want to do some reading up on it, but am just finding here-say on other forums or dead links to a DJ Short interview.

Thanks!

Here you go sir...

Skip to 2:35 in the video for the info on 11/13 right from the horse's mouth.

[video=youtube;f0SQrHi44xs]
[/video]

Thank you brother snow.. all of my grows before the ones last year were soil grows. Super-soil is a first for me as will be high brix. Hope the good fortune continues.

I am looking forward to seeing what the final crop says about the lamp as well. Incidentally, I just got an email today from Advanced about an XML-650 lamp that is coming out. Same format as this one but one step bigger.

I bet that's an awesome light. I also bet it's WAY more cash than I can spend right now, possibly ever, on a grow light. I'll grow vicariously through this and other journals that use those exotic, Lamborghini class lights. I'll probably keep sporting the Mars-Hydro level, Toyota Corolla class lights :cheesygrinsmiley:.

I haven't had a chance to watch that video yet, but the mere discussion of 11/13 was enough to make me switch my flowering girls over to that schedule as of last night. I've been thinking about that for a bit and that was synchronicity enough to prompt me to take the plunge.

I've also been thinking/reading a lot about bud washing, didn't I read somewhere that you're a fan of the technique, Seraphim? If so, what methods have you used and how are you planning on washing this one?

Fortune implies luck.. methinks you are too humble and downplay skill. That plant may have done all the heavy lifting, but it had some serious help from the grower! I bet the ones to follow will look just as good.

If that plant were any more well-trained it would fetch the paper from the front yard.

I bet that's an awesome light. I also bet it's WAY more cash than I can spend right now, possibly ever, on a grow light. I'll grow vicariously through this and other journals that use those exotic, Lamborghini class lights. I'll probably keep sporting the Mars-Hydro level, Toyota Corolla class lights :cheesygrinsmiley:.

Well both cars get the job done. Take you from point a to b. I am still not sold on the lambo light but had to see for myself. No more heresy on that topic for me.

I haven't had a chance to watch that video yet, but the mere discussion of 11/13 was enough to make me switch my flowering girls over to that schedule as of last night. I've been thinking about that for a bit and that was synchronicity enough to prompt me to take the plunge.

I am liking what I am seeing thus far which is basically faster maturity.

I've also been thinking/reading a lot about bud washing, didn't I read somewhere that you're a fan of the technique, Seraphim? If so, what methods have you used and how are you planning on washing this one?

I did wash my last harvest and separated some unwashed buds to compare. Testing on that is still ongoing but it makes sense to me especially in a home spare bedroom type of environment. This is not exactly a clean room shall we say. Tiny micro bits of carpet fiber find their way to her flowers and I like the idea of washing all that stuff off.

Fortune implies luck.. methinks you are too humble and downplay skill. That plant may have done all the heavy lifting, but it had some serious help from the grower! I bet the ones to follow will look just as good.

If that plant were any more well-trained it would fetch the paper from the front yard.

Thank you sir. You are too kind.

Id settle for it learning how to trim itself. But the paper idea sounds nice. Neighbors may find it a little odd but hey, so are they.

:Namaste:

I feel the Mars II lights are more in the BMW, BenzO arena. I cant see how I could be any happier with a light.

I wash buds also. I'm into it. I think it definitely improves the product.

I love my MARS-II lamps. One can not go wrong with the MARS-II. I agree with the BMW reference but the older BMWs that spoke softly and carried a big stick. Same with mars-II They are not the most expensive/fancy lamp but will blow you away with their performanmce. Love them. Can I tell you how I really feel about Mars-II lamps?

I think it is easy to get lost in the lamp itself and how cool it is and how expensive and the PAR blah blah and forget that this is not about the light, it is about the plant under the light. That is the main character of the story we write every day and the most important.

haha! Thank you LA.

She's looking better every day. :high-five:

It's been a couple weeks since I was able to check in on you. You're girls are looking great, and keep up the good work. Kudos to you also for being able to share some time and give away a clone to another member. You will get that good will back in spades. Once again, keep it up.

Thank you, friend!

So, update. She is showing the first sings of ambers already at 38 days after flip to 11/13. Again, I think this is early. We are midway through week number 6.

Buds on this girl are not as fat as my previous grow at this same stage. Not sure if that has to do with the strain or the light or the super-soil with no chemical nutes or what. Still, she has a couple more weeks to go at least and the flowers have not swollen yet. I will be even more interested now in seeing how she turns out in HB and in Soil+Nutes in MaxYield's grow.

She does seem to have run out of N some time ago from the roots. The aggressive N deficiency has negated the need to lollypop as it seems to do it for you.

Here are some photos.

IMG_35473.JPG

IMG_35516.JPG

IMG_35506.JPG

IMG_35494.JPG

IMG_35483.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!

:Namaste:

Goodness Seraphim this was a pretty update!!! She is lookin' so nice, and from a distance she looks very pink!! At least to me :cheesygrinsmiley:

I seriously cannot wait to start flowering mine haha, every time I come take a gander over here I get more and more excited.

I am definitely going to be back-building my colas in my current grow for the densest possible bud formation, I have only ever seen good results from it on this forum!

Back
Top Bottom