Motafina: Master Kush & Bubblegun, Indoor, Supersoil, 3rd Grow

For real...it's some serious shit. Glad you both survived.
It was iffy for a while..... I literally laid in bed for three days. I only got up because I didn't have any adult diapers. :eek:

Update - Day 19:

So, plants are all now happily situated in their new homes, where they'll be for a few weeks.

I transplanted them into a mixture of about two parts supersoil to one part potting soil, just to ease them into the full strength supersoil. I added the EJ dry fertilizer with Mycorrhizae at about 1.5 tbsp. per gallon of soil. It's been so cold here lately that the potting soil had frozen solid in the garage. I brought it in 3 days ago and it's still about half-frozen. So the soil was cold when I transplanted....not good for these babies. But I used warm water to hydrate so should be fine.

Here's photos:

Master Kush #1:

Master Kush #2:

Bubblegun #1:

Bubblegun #2:

Bubblegun #3:

Humboldt:

Update - Day 25 from seed - Day 12 of Veg

Not much to report here....things are cruising along. Yesterday, I watered for the first time since transplanting. I'm using plain tap water, which I treat to remove chlorine and chloramine. No nutrients yet and I don't check pH. I water until I get runoff, then stop and let the water drain for a while. Then I dump all extra water from the trays and we're good to go.

I'm still waiting for the plants to grow to about 5 nodes before topping. I'll top down to 4 nodes. It looks like maybe one or two more days for the original four plants and I'll be ready to top them. The two stragglers are about a week behind.

Here are photos from today - I have no idea why some photos are coming out sideways or how to fix it:

Master Kush #1:

Master Kush #2:

Bubblegun #1:

Bubblegun #2:

Bubblegun #3:

And finally my Humboldt bag seed:

Ok, so I guess you have to rotate the photos before you upload them, even if they display correctly in your file folder on the computer...chuh.

Update - Day 26 from seed - Day 13 of veg

A couple of things to report. First of all, I topped the four original plants, all at the 4th node. Next, I installed the 400w metal halide bulb. It's a brand new bulb as I'd used the previous bulb for two grows already. I've also got my input fan running now, so I've got some air flow in there now. Still not running the extraction fan yet.

Here's a couple photos:

So now it's just wait and watch for a while. I'll probably need to water again tomorrow or the next day. But it should be a couple more weeks before I'll start thinking about up-potting and a second round of topping.

I'm definitely starting to see a big difference between the Kush and the Bubblegun. Big, fat leaves on that Master Kush #1 and the plant itself is staying much shorter. The Bubbleguns are getting tall quick.

Subbed up man! Your ladys looks absolutely beautiful! Glad you got over the flu.. the wife myself and kiddos all went they it.. scariest was my youngest at 2 years old.. he was bad.. all better now thank god. Excited to see these ladys grow

Welcome Philly! It's surprising to hear of how many folks came down with that vile disease this year. Seems like it hit everyone!

My plants aren't confirmed 'ladys' just yet. I used regular seeds on this run. I had visions of cross-breeding, but we'll see how that goes.

Just last night, I started seeing a bit of tip burn on a couple of the Bubblegun top leaves. I think my supersoil might be a bit 'hot' still. I thought composting over the winter in New England might be a bit of a stretch. I kept the soil in my basement, so it didn't freeze, but I don't think it ever got warm enough to actually compost.

Looking good MF.

The plants have sure taken off. growing like the weed they are,

Keep it up:cool:

Thanks Sly! I just got caught up on your journal....those girls are looking great! Should be a heavy harvest!

Update - Day 29 from seed - Day 16 of veg:

An interesting development this morning:

It looks to me like male preflowers are showing on Bubblegun #3. This is exciting. Not that I want to see male preflowers, but just the fact that preflowers are displaying. I fully expect to get some males, so the earlier I can separate them out, the better.

Nothing showing on any of the others yet.

Update - Day 32 - Day 19 of veg

Ok, so a few things to report. I just transplanted to 3-gal pots. I used full strength supersoil with a light mix of EJ dry mychorizae "grow". I transplanted Master Kush #1, Bubblegun #1 and Bubblegun #2. Bubblegun #3 is definitely a male and has been culled. Master Kush #2 and Humboldt are still a week off from needing transplant. They will probably both be topped in a day or two. I've also dropped the plants to floor level and turned on the circulating fan you can see behind the plants.

Here's the photos from today:

Here's the whole crew before transplanting:

Master Kush #1:

Bubblegun #1 - What an awesome plant!

Bubblegun #2:

Male:

Post-transplant shots:

Plans going forward are to top the two stragglers in the next couple of days and start doing some training on the branches on the bigger plants. At the rate the bigger ones are growing I'll probably be topping them again in about a week.

Yep...Neko. She let's me use the tent sometimes.
That is the way it works. The cat is the lord of all, and they allow us to be their subjects.

Quick update:

It's hard to get a good picture of it, but here's a photo of the female preflower on Bubblegun #1:

Beginning of training on Bubblegun #1 - I want the branches to start growing out more horizontally:

Here's a look at the root ball on the male Bubblegun that was removed:

Im subbed in and ready to see where this journey takes us. You plants look amazing and very healthy. Have you thought about dropping your CFLs down to the sides. I think I read you have a 400mh over top. And CFLs as im sure you know can be as close as an inch or 2 away from the plants without bothering them. It was just a thought. Your doing a great job and clearly dont need any help so I hope I wasnt stepping out of pocket. Thanks for stopping by my journal. Any advise is always welcome.

Im subbed in and ready to see where this journey takes us. You plants look amazing and very healthy. Have you thought about dropping your CFLs down to the sides. I think I read you have a 400mh over top. And CFLs as im sure you know can be as close as an inch or 2 away from the plants without bothering them. It was just a thought. Your doing a great job and clearly dont need any help so I hope I wasnt stepping out of pocket. Thanks for stopping by my journal. Any advise is always welcome.

Any and all advice is welcome, thanks. I haven't hit any hiccups yet, but I'm sure I will eventually.

I'll probably drop the CFLs more to the sides once I get all the males culled and the plants get a little bigger. They look bigger in the pictures than they really are. The Master Kush #1 is really bushy...hard to get any light into the middle of it. Trying to figure out what to do there.

Back
Top Bottom