Motafina Winter & Spring 2020: Blue Dream, Peyote Critical, Liberty Haze, Master Kush

Quick update....I transplanted the three healthy plants to 3-gal pots. I topped the Peyote Critical and its actually looking a little better....can't really call it healthy, but better. It's way far behind though.

Pictures:

Next up will be doing some training. I've got to decide if I'm going to try to quadline any of them.

Update - Day 41 from seed - Day 35 veg

Not much new to report. I've decided to quadline the Blue Dream and the Master Kush. On the Liberty Haze, I'll just watch the lower branches and decide later if some of them aren't going to produce much. The Peyote Critical has started growing a little, so it might make it after all. The other seedlings are coming along as well. Overall the whole bunch are growing pretty slowly. I'm thinking it's due to the cold. -9 F outside this morning. I've stopped the intake fan just so the tent will heat up a little more.

Here's pictures:

I went back and looked at my last grow to get a comparison of how slow this one is going. Admittedly the rate of growth in the last grow was unusual....not sure how I managed to do so well. At any rate here's a picture of the tent at veg day 35 from the last grow:

And here's the tent at day 35 this grow (this morning):

I still think temperature and humidity are what's hurting me this grow. But I'm also wondering about the soil. Could it be time to mix up a totally new soil mix?

Update - 48 days from seed - Day 42 of veg:

I've seen an increase in the rate of growth over the past week, so I think keeping the intake fan off was a good decision. The tent warms up a lot better without the cooler room air being pumped into the tent. I leave the tent door open about halfway to let fresh air circulate. Seems to be working!

Other than that, things are cruising along. I fed with instant tea on the last feeding and I'll probably go with straight water for tonight's watering. The Damnesia sprouts are ready to go to bigger pots. And still not sure what to do with the freak-show Peyote Critical.

Here's pictures:

Next up will be transplanting the Damnesia starts, doing a 2nd topping on the bigger plants, topping the mutant's two branches, and then in a few days, transplanting them to their final pots. the 'Flip' to 12/12 should be in about 3 weeks from now.

Oh, and I believe I'm seeing female pre-flowers on the Liberty Haze now, so I'm psyched on that!

Update - Day 55 from seed - Day 49 of veg:

Week 7 of veg. Plants are doing great, with some new developments described below with photos.

Blue Dream - I'm starting to see female preflowers on her....yay! The quadline is not as robust as I'd hoped. It looks like all of the energy is going into the top crossbranches, with very little growth from the lower branches. Hopefully that'll change in flower.

Liberty Haze - I've been seeing female preflowers for a while already on this one. This plant is looking great! Time to get her and the Blue Dream into their final 7-gal pots

Master Kush - Unfortunately, I'm starting to see what I think are male preflowers on this one. Pictures below are not too clear, but just the absence of female preflowers at this age is another clue that I've got a dude here. Too bad, because the last time I attempted MK, I got dud seeds, males and no females.

Peyote Critical - This one is an experiment. It probably should have been culled, but I've let it live up to this point. It's showing female preflowers, so that's one point in her favor. But comparatively, it's tiny and probably won't produce more than an ounce or two. I'll be transplanting this one to a 3-gal final pot this week.

Damnesia - These are my backups. These are seeds that came out of a previous Damnesia crop. I don't know if they were self-pollinated or if another plant in the tent hermied and pollinated them. So, I don't know if the seeds would be 'regular' or more like 'feminized'. If a plant hermies and self-polinates itself, those seeds should be female, right? But what if another plant in the vicinity hemies and pollinates its neighbor? Still all-female genes, right? That's my guess, but I guess we'll see with these three. At any rate, I started these just in case my one MK turned out male, which it looks like it will. And with the PC being a low producer, a couple of these Damnesias should allow me a decent harvest. These are now in 1-gal pots and have been topped. I'll be moving them into 3-gal final pots is about another week.

And finally, here's a tent shot:

This is turning into a bit of an unusual grow, but such is life. If I cull the Master Kush and one of the Damnesias, that'll give me two big females in 7-gal pots, plus the Peyote Critical mutant and two much younger and smaller Damnesias in 3-gal pots. Keeping an even cannopy will be a challenge, but the pots should all fit in the tent. Could get interesting....

To bad Sub passed last week
Wow, I hadn't heard that. That's sad. I guess he'll live on in our grow rooms whenever we use his recipe.

To me it looks like that liberty haze has a potassium deficiency.

5400CD3C-C3EF-4BC1-A865-EF9B2330750E.jpeg

To me it looks like that liberty haze has a potassium deficiency.

5400CD3C-C3EF-4BC1-A865-EF9B2330750E.jpeg
Nah, that's just the light from one of the CFLs I have hanging in there. I'm trying out using a couple of 2700K CFLs to give the room more of a full spectrum.

Looking great in there @MotaFina .

@Fastass419 is using our kind of soil too. He just started up to long ago and I'm sure this journal would benefit him.

I'm mixing up my own soil-kinda like a Subcool supersoil with COM soil. To bad Sub passed last week.

Great job
Wow, I hadn't heard that. That's sad. I guess he'll live on in our grow rooms whenever we use his recipe.
Yeah, I think it was his upper respiratory problems he had. Shame, he lost alot at the end. Home,wife, 12million in seed gone. Sad, but he will be remembered for a long time.

Hey, welcome Fastass419! I was just looking at your journal earlier too. I'm not caught up yet, but looks like you've got some heavyweights following so you're in good hands.

I've decided to remove the Master Kush from the tent. To me, male preflowers are kind of hard to determine. But I'm still not seeing any female preflowers. And there are little 'balls' on stalks at some of the nodes, so those must be the male preflowers. It's impossible to get a good photo of them. But at any rate, I took it upstairs and have it in my kitchen as a house plant for now. It's actually kind of nice having a healthy, green plant inside, while outside is snowy white and subzero.

Just a quick update with photos. We're going into week 9 of veg.

Blue Dream:

Liberty Haze:

Peyote Critical:

Damnesias (5+ weeks veg):

I'll be transplanting the Damnesias tonight, and maybe culling one of them. It's probably a good time now to clear some of the lower growth out of the bigger plants, especially the Liberty Haze. I'll be switching to 12/12 in about a week.

Update - Day 69 from seed - Day 63 of veg

Today's the last day of veg. I'm flipping to 12/12 tonight...running 6 PM to 6 AM.

Here's photos:

Blue Dream: Quadline, looking nice, a little empty in the center, but otherwise very nice and healthy:

Liberty Haze: Topped twice, she's in need of some pruning on lower branches, healthy, but doing what my last LH did with sometimes droopy tops. They'll be droopy one day then praying the next:

Peyote Critical: The deranged mutant problem child of this grow....still hanging in. I wanted to pull her a long time ago, but some folks seem to like strange, little plants. So I thought I'd give her a chance and see what happens. The top growth is getting weird now. Curious to see how she stretches.

Damnesias: I finally uppotted these two. It turns out what I thought were 3-gal fabric are actually 5 gallon, so they're in 5-gal now. I've got female preflowers showing on one, so at least one is a female.

I'm going to feed them some NFTG nutes tonight.

Next up will be pruning out some of the lower growth, installing the 1000W HPS light in a week or two, then just watching them STRETCH!

I’m in love with that liberty haze.

What can I say I like my plants like I like my women.

High maintenance and an emotional roller coaster. Yes please :rofl:
The Liberty Haze is really popular around here. It's got a nice lime/berry smell and a very friendly high....makes you happy and uplifted. I'm almost out of my first batch so this one will be ready just in time.

Back
Top Bottom