Motafina Winter 2021: Peyote Zkittles, Blue Dream, Royal Cookies, Wedding Gelato

Good yield on the blue dream ! I too, had 220gr on my blue dream a few grows ago.
The Blue Dream really saved this grow. And all along I thought it was the loser of the bunch. It's such a weird pheno, with the stringy, thin buds. But in the end, it looks like it'll be very good smoke.

Is it me or Damnesia usually gives much bigger yields ?

Damnesia is typically a good producer. This particular plant got decapitated due to 'helmet head'. It wasn't able to shed the seed shell after germination. I let it go for a few days, until it was obvious that it wasn't going to be able to do it on it's own. Then I tried to do surgery, but it lost the whole head. There was a tiny bit of green on the end of the stalk, so I gave it a chance, and sure enough, it survived. But it never caught up to the others.

have you sampled/smoke any of those yet ?

We sampled the Peyote Zkittles last night. I picked a smallish bud, maybe the size of a big grape, and there were 3 seeds in that bud. It's extremely sticky and pungent. Thick smoke and an indica-leaning buzz.

***THE END***

Here's some pictures of the finished buds from this run (standard craps dice for size reference):

Here's some final thoughts on these strains before I close out:

Wedding Gelato: Great strain, extremely frosty, a little bit fluffy, but that gives it more bag appeal. Grows well and seems pretty stable, with average nutrient requirements. Has a slightly cheesy smell.

Royal Cookies: Despite the plant growing fairly sparse and the buds staying small, the quality is excellent and the weight is not too bad. It has a very unique earthy/coffee aroma that is amazing and has been exactly the same on all three plants I grew.

Damnesia: This one demonstrates the resiliency of cannabis plants. After sprouting, it got beheaded due to 'helmet head'. There was just a tiny spot of green left. But it survived and produced a couple of nice ounces.

Peyote Zkittles: I'm thinking this strain may be unstable. It hermied pretty bad. I only saw the 'nanner' type of flowers on it, but there could have been 'balls' down below that I missed. At any rate, I've got a couple more seeds but I'm a little scared to try this one again. Despite the seeds it produced, the buds look, smell and taste good and have a good high, so it's not a waste by any stretch.

Blue Dream: Like the Zkittles, this one makes me a little nervous. Grows well, yields huge, but the buds are stringy, light and fluffy. They're also coated in crystals and smell wonderful. So, in the end it produces excellent smoke, but it's a weird one.

So, that's the end of this grow. Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by to take a look. I've joined the 420/Weed Seeds Express Girl Scout Cookies comparative grow, so my next journal will feature the same strain as 40 other 420 members. Fun, fun, fun. Link directly below in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom