Motafina: Critical, Peyote F, Liberty Haze And Wedding Gelato

MotaFina

I'm about half way through my current grow and finally have some time to document it. Here's the specs:

Seeds:
Wedding Gelato - Royal Queen Seeds
Critical - This was the only seed I found in a plant from an earlier grow - the mother was Barney's Farm Peyote Critical: I don't know where the pollen came from
Liberty Haze - Barney's Farm
Peyote F. - <not a 420 mag sponsor>

Environment: Indoors, 4x4 tent, 2x6" inline fans (intake and extraction), 3xCircular fans
Medium: Supersoil - based on Coast of Maine Stonington blend, then ammended similar to Sub Cool's recipe
Lighting:
- Seedling/early veg - CFLs
- Veg/Early Flower - 400w MH
- Flower - 1000w HPS
Nutrients: Nectar for the Gods, ACTs, possibly others

I'm on day 22 since the first pistils were seen on all plants. I'll post some pictures after the lights come on later tonight.

Question . U noted day 22 after seeing pistols so what's your option putting them into flowering.

I used to run mine 28 veg.
Flowering I used to run 35 days to 40
Depending on plant version
I flipped these on day 66 from seed, and then it took another 8 or 9 days to see first pistils. Based on these strains, they should finish around week 9 - day 63....although the Liberty Haze might need another week or so.

Here's some pictures from last night - 22 days into flowering.

Bud shots:

Update - Day 105 from seed - Day 39 of 12/12 - Day 31 of flowering

Just a quick note here - I had some challenges in late veg that I'd never dealt with before - probably the result of my summer attempt to grow a plant outside:
  • Aphids
  • Powdery Mildew
For the aphids, I first tried physically removing them by hand. That didn't go well. With four plants in a 4x4 tent, it's just too hard to scan all the foliage and pick the little suckers off. After a few days of trying this approach, I knew I needed to try something else. I try to keep things organic, but I had to act quick to ward off a serious infestation. I had some Safer's Insecticidal Soap on hand and tried that. I sprayed a couple of times in late veg and thought that it was a done deal...bugs were gone for a while. But they came back. I ordered some Pyganic, an OMRI certified product derived from Chrysanthemums. I sprayed twice with two days between and so far I haven't seen another aphid.

The powdery mildew was a little more problematic. I defoliated as much of the infected leaves as I could find and tried spraying with Hydrogen Peroxide every couple of days, but it kept coming back. I turned my intake and extraction fans to full blast, added a circulation fan running full time, and set everything to run 24/7. This combined with the natural decrease in humidity from the onset of winter seems to have finally killed off the PM. I haven't seen any for a couple of weeks.

Here's some pictures from tonight:

Update - Day 105 from seed - Day 39 of 12/12 - Day 31 of flowering

Just a quick note here - I had some challenges in late veg that I'd never dealt with before - probably the result of my summer attempt to grow a plant outside:
  • Aphids
  • Powdery Mildew
For the aphids, I first tried physically removing them by hand. That didn't go well. With four plants in a 4x4 tent, it's just too hard to scan all the foliage and pick the little suckers off. After a few days of trying this approach, I knew I needed to try something else. I try to keep things organic, but I had to act quick to ward off a serious infestation. I had some Safer's Insecticidal Soap on hand and tried that. I sprayed a couple of times in late veg and thought that it was a done deal...bugs were gone for a while. But they came back. I ordered some Pyganic, an OMRI certified product derived from Chrysanthemums. I sprayed twice with two days between and so far I haven't seen another aphid.

The powdery mildew was a little more problematic. I defoliated as much of the infected leaves as I could find and tried spraying with Hydrogen Peroxide every couple of days, but it kept coming back. I turned my intake and extraction fans to full blast, added a circulation fan running full time, and set everything to run 24/7. This combined with the natural decrease in humidity from the onset of winter seems to have finally killed off the PM. I haven't seen any for a couple of weeks.

Here's some pictures from tonight:

Good afternoon @MotaFina beautiful garden my friend.
Great training and canopy.
Is there any way you can take reg color ligh5 pics to give us a better idea how they look. :Namaste:
Sorry about your battle with aphids and pm.
But you seem to have recovered well from that.
Keep up the good work.
Mind if I follow along? :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Good afternoon @MotaFina beautiful garden my friend.
Great training and canopy.
Is there any way you can take reg color ligh5 pics to give us a better idea how they look. :Namaste:
Sorry about your battle with aphids and pm.
But you seem to have recovered well from that.
Keep up the good work.
Mind if I follow along? :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill
Hi Bill, thanks for stopping by! Don't mind at all.

Yes, the HPS light is terrible for taking decent photos. I'll try to get some shots without the HPS.

Back
Top Bottom