Motafina Winter & Spring 2020: Blue Dream, Peyote Critical, Liberty Haze, Master Kush

Update - Day 79 from seed - Day 9 of 12/12

Just a quick update with photos. I'm still waiting to see pistils. These will probably be the last pictures taken in decent lighting, since I'll be installing the HPS light in another day or two. I'm still running mostly on nutrients stored in the soil, but I plan to add a full dose of NFTG tonight and then start on a feed/feed/tea/feed/feed/flush cycle.

Did you like the Gelato from your last grow? It looked amazing. I have a clone of it now and wanted to see if you liked it. :blunt:

I love me some gelato :rollit:

Yeah, that was an amazing plant. Very easy to grow, nice symmetry, with big, chunky spears. And while two of the other plants in that grow had some bud rot, the Gelato was fine. It was a freebie from Seedsman (actually called Gelat.OG). I have to say that so far the seedsman genetics are fire.

We're just starting to get into the Gelato jars for samples. It's fully cured now. I love the aroma....sort of a woody, slightly dank, creamy vanilla-berry.....hard to describe, but wonderful. The buds are really dense. No smoke report yet. But with it being mostly Indica, it might not go over so well. Everyone around here seems to want the Sativas.

Looking great @MotaFina . I swear we have the same taste. Bluedream, liberty haze. Cant wait to see them full bloom bro. Heavy yielding :yahoo:
For sure. I've had my eyes on that Amherst Sour Diesel. I've had it in my cart a couple times but didn't pull the trigger.

I installed the 1000w HPS last night. I've got 3 circulating fans and both 6" inline fans running now. So lots of air movement. Hopefully I can control the heat coming off that bulb.

I've been trying to find someone to adopt one of the Damnesias. I don't have enough room in the tent, but I find it so hard to just trash a beautiful, healthy plant.

Update - Day 89 from seed - Day 20 of 12/12 - Day 9 since first pistils:

This whole grow has seemed a little sluggish. That is continuing into flower. Hopefully, it'll start to accelerate with warmer spring temps starting to show.

Here's some (crappy) photos:

I'm a little scared of the looks of the Peyote Critical as it's starting to flower. There's some twisted growth in there so it's hard to tell what's up. Definitely showing female parts, but I'll have to keep a close eye on this one.

I did some supercropping last night. The top branches on the Damnesia and some of the branches on the Blue Dream were getting too high. I've only supercropped once before because it makes me nervous. I think maybe I crush the stem a little too much because these branches really fell over. I taped one back up and tied another one up hoping it'll grow somewhat vertically, because they had fallen to horizontal or even downward angling. We'll see how it goes..... Pictures coming at some point.

I did some supercropping last night. The top branches on the Damnesia and some of the branches on the Blue Dream were getting too high. I've only supercropped once before because it makes me nervous. I think maybe I crush the stem a little too much because these branches really fell over. I taped one back up and tied another one up hoping it'll grow somewhat vertically, because they had fallen to horizontal or even downward angling. We'll see how it goes..... Pictures coming at some point.
I know what youre talking about. That tape should hold her,plus i always have bigger buds from that happening.
Im actually thinking about supercropping mine now 5 weeks in flowering. Maybe not, we shall see..lol:lot-o-toke:

Update - Day 97 from seed - Day 28 of 12/12 - Day 17 since first pistils:

About half way through week 3 of flowering.

I've been feeding pretty heavy. I added a top dressing a while back, which was a combination of EWC, compost, and a mix of microbes and dry ferts. Then, I've been feeding NFTG and instant tea. They seem to be liking what I'm feeding, except for the Liberty Haze. She's displaying some clawing and downward cupping, so I've backed off feeding her as much. Might just be wet soil....not sure, but I'll have to adjust for that.

The supercropped branches recovered just fine. Some are still laying pretty flat, and some are climbing again, with just a curve to them.

Here's some more recent shots, from 3 nights ago:

And some individual bud shots:

Quick update with photos.

So anyone have experience with Blue Dream? This is the weirdest plant ever. The buds are not bulking up at all. They're getting frosty, but they seem to be sort of fox-tailing already even though they're tiny.

The Damnesia and Libery Haze are looking pretty good:

And the Peyote Critical is getting super frosty already and bulking up nicely. Too bad it's just a tiny plant:

So, yeah, this is a very strange grow. I've had a couple of back to back good grows so this one seems very off. But still many weeks to go, maybe they'll surprise me.

That blue dream is so weird looking. I definitely wouldn't toss her because of the insane crystals its putting off.
Coming from seed i have never seen that in all my research/online etc.
Consider it special and grow it out.
Are you throwing up your other LED light soon?
They look great bro..:high-five:
I'm hoping that Blue Dream surprises me at some point and starts to bulk up. If it does, those will be some looooong spears. It's the Humboldt Seeds Organization strain with flowering expected to go 9-10 weeks. I'm finishing week 4 now, so there's plenty of time for bulking up to happen.

I don't have a LED light! That's a 1000w HPS in there. I'd switch to LED if I could afford the initial cash outlay. I'd probably save money in the long run.

I'm hoping that Blue Dream surprises me at some point and starts to bulk up. If it does, those will be some looooong spears. It's the Humboldt Seeds Organization strain with flowering expected to go 9-10 weeks. I'm finishing week 4 now, so there's plenty of time for bulking up to happen.

I don't have a LED light! That's a 1000w HPS in there. I'd switch to LED if I could afford the initial cash outlay. I'd probably save money in the long run.
I really like HPS and the flowers it produces. I love my leds but the lights do wear on your eyes if you are not careful.
Yeah, you still have plenty of time on the bluedream. Interesting to see how she turns out.

Just out of curiosity I took a look at the reviews for Blue Dream on the HSO site. Most are 5-star reviews, but there are a few 2 and 3-star reviews with comments like the ones below:

"Stretchy beyond belief with straggly airy buds and they take forever. "

"This has been the stretchiest plant that I have ever grown. Stretched bad in veg, bad in flower to the point that it just keeps elongating with cat tails all the way through. Airy, sparse cattail buds. "

So, maybe there's a small percentage of this raggedy pheno in their genetics. And luck of the draw....I got one.

Just out of curiosity I took a look at the reviews for Blue Dream on the HSO site. Most are 5-star reviews, but there are a few 2 and 3-star reviews with comments like the ones below:

"Stretchy beyond belief with straggly airy buds and they take forever. "

"This has been the stretchiest plant that I have ever grown. Stretched bad in veg, bad in flower to the point that it just keeps elongating with cat tails all the way through. Airy, sparse cattail buds. "

So, maybe there's a small percentage of this raggedy pheno in their genetics. And luck of the draw....I got one.
I’ve got the same thing going on with my Chocolope. Long airy buds (supposed to be a heavy yielder with thick dense buds :rolleyes:) but mine is from 420. Luck of the draw for sure.

I’ve got the same thing going on with my Chocolope. Long airy buds (supposed to be a heavy yielder with thick dense buds :rolleyes:) but mine is from 420. Luck of the draw for sure.

That's too bad CC....I've heard a lot of good stuff about Chocolope.

I'm a little surprised at what seems like a fairly high ratio of bad phenos from what would seem to be stable strains. I know nothing about genetics, mutations, evolution, etc, but it just seems that out of the limited number of small crops I've done, I've had a higher than expected number of mutants, hermies and bad phenos.

I'll have to temper my optimism in the future and plan more around the possibility of getting bad plants. I typically drop 4 seeds thinking I'll get 4 nice plants. Maybe I need to start being more realistic and start off with 6 or 8 seeds and get more used to the idea of mutants, weaklings, non-germinating seeds, multiple males, etc.

That's too bad CC....I've heard a lot of good stuff about Chocolope.

I'm a little surprised at what seems like a fairly high ratio of bad phenos from what would seem to be stable strains. I know nothing about genetics, mutations, evolution, etc, but it just seems that out of the limited number of small crops I've done, I've had a higher than expected number of mutants, hermies and bad phenos.

I'll have to temper my optimism in the future and plan more around the possibility of getting bad plants. I typically drop 4 seeds thinking I'll get 4 nice plants. Maybe I need to start being more realistic and start off with 6 or 8 seeds and get more used to the idea of mutants, weaklings, non-germinating seeds, multiple males, etc.
You’ve still got time in this one for things to bulk up, heck even my Chocolope has till the 18th to be 10 weeks (that’s what 420 stated as average time). Ya never know! Also I don’t remember your plants being subpar by any stretch of the imagination :love: I hope you have a great rest of your day!

Back
Top Bottom