Canobud's 2nd Grow - Liberty Haze & Critical Kush

Forgot to ask, is it one panel or two. The canopy is pretty uneven and with the leds I've used, i had to keep em pretty damn close to keep stretch to a minimum and get tighter, bigger buds. Further away gave me airier buds. Still nice and frosty, just not much too em. This run of clones from The Widow and i have the lights really tight to the top and the buds are much, MUCH more dense and larger. Actually better looking than the same plant under a 400w mh.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Forgot to ask, is it one panel or two. The canopy is pretty uneven and with the leds I've used, i had to keep em pretty damn close to keep stretch to a minimum and get tighter, bigger buds. Further away gave me airier buds. Still nice and frosty, just not much too em. This run of clones from The Widow and i have the lights really tight to the top and the buds are much, MUCH more dense and larger. Actually better looking than the same plant under a 400w mh.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just one panel, 12-band 220w at the wall. I lowered it a bit; it's about 12" above the top of the plant. You can see she's pretty bare up there so I'm thinking she won't have any dense buds.

420-magazine-mobile1517324230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I suggest you use 2 tsb of cal/mag on your next watering.... Ease off the big grow for now

Hi Sejd! The Liberty Haze has only received spring water since the end of July. The Critical Kush is still getting fed; this morning 1/2 strength FF trio. She's lightened in color some so I'm thinking that one can use it.

21 days since the flip. I must say the liberty haze is a challenging strain (for me) to get under control. I've read similar stories elsewhere...very stretchy, leaf loss, curling, etc. The buds are mostly popcorn, although it's sativa dominant so perhaps they're taking longer to develop than the critical kush.

Liberty Haze

420-magazine-mobile1440693294.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1593172653.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1060453309.jpg

420-magazine-mobile897690126.jpg

Then there's the Critical Kush, just doing her thing and behaving nicely. She's no monster but the buds are looking healthy. I'd hoped both of these plants would yield better than my first widow grow, especially with 2 extra weeks in veg, but they're looking fairly light thus far too.

420-magazine-mobile1106478293.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1097319851.jpg

Day 34 in flower. Both girls were watered this morning with spring water. The Critical Kush is filling out nicely...short but bushy. I made my back-building snips on the tips of nearly all the buds to hopefully force the buds to fatten up more. Time will tell.

IMG_363512.jpg

IMG_364113.jpg

IMG_363610.jpg

Then there's the Liberty Haze. Thin and lots of popcorn buds. I'm hoping the main colas will fill in more and fatten up, because the pictures are deceiving. She's gotten almost nothing but spring water in the past few weeks due to the burned leaf tips. This plant has also lost much of her big fan leaves. I've pulled off more than I thought I would since flowering began.

IMG_364214.jpg

IMG_363914.jpg

Spray down with food grade pesticides (potassium salts) for a week straight. These pesticides are common at the gardening stores. Just be persistent because you have to eliminate the next batch which are in eggs or larvae stage. You need to interrupt the breeding cycle, so just keep at it. But remember to rinse them off afterwards.

You'll beat em'!

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Day 51 of flower, and the Liberty Haze is looking a little off. There are three bud stems in particular that almost appear to be drying up/dying off, and I'm thinking they may be toast. It should be fairly obvious from the photos; are these salvageable? They have a bit of a hay smell to them. The sugar leaves are browning and curling up into the buds. No bueno. This plant should have another 10 days or so to go but those three branches concern me.

IMG_373711.jpg

IMG_373811.jpg

IMG_37398.jpg

Harvest day...the liberty haze didn't finish with a healthy look, but I'm impressed with how the critical kush turned out. She stayed pretty squat but turned out some really fat buds for my second grow. Enjoy!

This was the biggest cola, although there are a few more nearly this size. This one's probably 2.5-3" thick at its widest.

420-magazine-mobile556294313.jpg

Critical kush haul

420-magazine-mobile1466066483.jpg

About half the CK after bud washing

420-magazine-mobile525801391.jpg

The haze is a waif of a plant. Didn't fatten up at all and some of the buds seemingly dried up and browned out on me. It's washed and hanging as well but I'm not certain how healthy/usable it is.

Back
Top Bottom