Grow #3, New Budmaster, New Autopots, New Room

Canobud

Hello fellow gardeners, welcome to my third grow journal. We haven't gotten around to building my permanent grow room and probably won't until spring, so I tossed the tiny tent that was in this closet for my first two grows and decided to make the whole closet a grow space for now. More on that in a bit.

Details:
Strain: white widow fem seeds
Medium: Sohum super soil in 6.6 gallon Autopot watering system
Nutrients: Just water
Lighting: New Budmaster HPS-9 (high pressure sunlight) LED running 18/6 at half power

Drcannabi swears by the Autopots and Sohum, and Light Addict convinced me Budmaster was missing from my life, so here we are. .

The new electric sun...it's big and packs a punch!

420-magazine-mobile1853310851.jpg

Currently running lower power for a few weeks:

420-magazine-mobile1734612875.jpg

You bet:

420-magazine-mobile1594433431.jpg

Carbon filter piped up to fan:

420-magazine-mobile1276961738.jpg

The Autopots, with seeds in soil sitting on top for now. I just noticed this LED is doing really weird stuff on camera...odd shading stripes that aren't there in person. Strange:

420-magazine-mobile1000948895.jpg

The Autopot reservoir will sit just outside the door with the water tube carefully tucked around the door jamb:

420-magazine-mobile517407416.jpg

Zoomed out look:

420-magazine-mobile424034659.jpg

Before transplanting to the Autopots the entire room will be covered with white panda paper. The Sohum soil is supposed to be fully stocked with everything our plants need, so I'm blatantly ripping off drcannabi here and really shooting for the set-it-and-forget-it grow method. Hoping the Autopot setup will only require refilling the reservoir with water every week or two depending on how thirsty the plants get.

Very excited! I'm hoping this one is really fun.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Interested to see how those Auto pots work out for ya. Nice light also. Good luck.

:passitleft:

Hi Nismo! Yes I'm stoked to see how these pots work out. I love the concept, and it's just gravity...no pumps to plug in or maintain, just fill the tank and let them drink. You can spin the pots in the trays too as the bottoms are round. So simple. Coupled with the Sohum I can't wait to see what happens.

I've never yelled FUCK so loud in my life...I was watering the first seedling tonight (culled the twin) and I dropped the cup, spilling her and half the soil out. PISSED. I gently put everything back and the root still had some soil around it I guess because it wasn't hard to stand her up. Hoping for recovery, especially since I've had two dud seeds this time around but I believe the one I planted yesterday may make it.

420-magazine-mobile322237196.jpg

Quick check in...the seedling I nearly killed survived just fine it seems. Another week or so and I'll transfer to the Autopot and water it in before turning on the reservoir.

I had another dud seed in the second cup, so I planted another one tonight that I began soaking two days ago and had just cracked its shell.

420-magazine-mobile84747175.jpg

Week 4 update. The older seedling didn't skip a beat after transplanting, and today I turned on the Autopot reservoir. Here the cover is off, and you can see the water starting to fill the tray.

420-magazine-mobile1252607533.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1328400652.jpg

Also FIM'd her a couple of days ago:

420-magazine-mobile1493137156.jpg

Also finally got a second seed to take off, but she'll be about 3 weeks behind.

420-magazine-mobile946210961.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1265670195.jpg

Hey there CB ... checking in on yer new grow goodies! I've been running the AP system... I have a 8 pots going with a 100L reservoir on on my 2nd round..

My first round killed it. I originally got the AP system so I could go on vacation for a month. Worked so well that we went on another vacation for another week and yields after harvest and dry... some of my best yet! 3-4 zips dried each plant indoors, organic and LED lighting. Worked so well I've kept it going.

Only issue so far is the reservoir needs to be cleaned I'd say every 6 weeks or so.. and after that drain the lines at the valves. Disconnect the small tubes from the valves, clean the valves (don't loose the yellow deals) and let water run from the res into a cup for a sec or 2 to clean out the small tubes.

Do the above maintenance and you will be fine. I started that after 5 months of doing nothing and had a valve stick open... cleaned up about 10 gallons of water, refilled the res and it happened again on another valve. I had a mess the 2nd time. That's how I figured out what to do for maintenance.

What happened to me was a build up of bacteria or something in the line .... was a kind of thick gunk was a pink color and clogged the valve open! ... contacted AP and they sent me the cleaning procedure. Did that which is cleaning the valves but i added the purging of the lines/cleaning the res and found the issue I was having.

Anyway so good luck with your grow. Looks like a great setup you have going there. Hoping to see what you have in store for the next grow room!

Doc really likes the Sohum soil.. I've never tried it. I mix my own based on the "Coots" recipe with good result. I'm a kinda cheap so I haven't bought one of those Budmaster lamps ... yet! I'm warming up to them tho for sure and I really like your setup. Very clean and well thought out. If that's an indication of your growing .. you will do well! :Namaste:

Yeah so I'm subbing up here to watch and wish you well and KIG! :thumb:

Hey there CB ... checking in on yer new grow goodies! I've been running the AP system... I have a 8 pots going with a 100L reservoir on on my 2nd round..

My first round killed it. I originally got the AP system so I could go on vacation for a month. Worked so well that we went on another vacation for another week and yields after harvest and dry... some of my best yet! 3-4 zips dried each plant indoors, organic and LED lighting. Worked so well I've kept it going.

Only issue so far is the reservoir needs to be cleaned I'd say every 6 weeks or so.. and after that drain the lines at the valves. Disconnect the small tubes from the valves, clean the valves (don't loose the yellow deals) and let water run from the res into a cup for a sec or 2 to clean out the small tubes.

Do the above maintenance and you will be fine. I started that after 5 months of doing nothing and had a valve stick open... cleaned up about 10 gallons of water, refilled the res and it happened again on another valve. I had a mess the 2nd time. That's how I figured out what to do for maintenance.

What happened to me was a build up of bacteria or something in the line .... was a kind of thick gunk was a pink color and clogged the valve open! ... contacted AP and they sent me the cleaning procedure. Did that which is cleaning the valves but i added the purging of the lines/cleaning the res and found the issue I was having.

Anyway so good luck with your grow. Looks like a great setup you have going there. Hoping to see what you have in store for the next grow room!

Doc really likes the Sohum soil.. I've never tried it. I mix my own based on the "Coots" recipe with good result. I'm a kinda cheap so I haven't bought one of those Budmaster lamps ... yet! I'm warming up to them tho for sure and I really like your setup. Very clean and well thought out. If that's an indication of your growing .. you will do well! :Namaste:

Yeah so I'm subbing up here to watch and wish you well and KIG! :thumb:

Hi bobrown14, thanks for checking in! I remember reading somewhere to clean the lines and such but I didn't realize it could lead to flooding issues. That's a little scary! Will definitely keep an eye on it.

I'm glad to hear you're having great results with the Autopots too. My first two runs (in 3 gallon fabric pots) had pretty low yields, 2 zips or less per. So yeah I have high hopes in stepping up to 6.6 gallon pots with the Sohum mix. Widow seems to be ideal for LST so I'm hoping I can tie these and spread them out a good bit and maybe get wall to wall buds in here. The Budmaster should be up to the challenge for sure.

I appreciate the kind words on my little garden. Not nearly as much space as I'd like but I do try to make the most of it and enjoy the ride. It keeps me sane in an insane world.

KIG, buddy! .

:popcorn: I just started a grow with the 3.9 gallon autopots with coco and perlite. Subbed in to see how you do with these babies. There is some real good talk on another forum about how you cannot grow small plants with autopots.

:popcorn: I just started a grow with the 3.9 gallon autopots with coco and perlite. Subbed in to see how you do with these babies. There is some real good talk on another forum about how you cannot grow small plants with autopots.

Hi HemiSync! I went back and forth on which pot size to go with and decided to get four 6.6s because I thought I'd be in my dedicated grow room by now. That's got to wait a bit longer so I'm using just the two pots in this little closet this time around. They seem to have growing following so I'm pretty stoked to see how this run turns out.

If you have a grow journal going let me know, I'd like to follow and see how your pots are doing!

Hi HemiSync! I went back and forth on which pot size to go with and decided to get four 6.6s because I thought I'd be in my dedicated grow room by now. That's got to wait a bit longer so I'm using just the two pots in this little closet this time around. They seem to have growing following so I'm pretty stoked to see how this run turns out.

If you have a grow journal going let me know, I'd like to follow and see how your pots are doing.

I sent you a PM about it.

Back
Top Bottom