Grow #3, New Budmaster, New Autopots, New Room

Grow #3 - New Budmaster- New Autopots - New Room

I think it's safe to say the bigger plant has found the water source. . She has really taken off in the past week and is itching for 12/12. I just need the 2nd plant to catch up a bit. Right now I'm hoping to flip around the 2nd week of January. Still not a drop of nutrients...just letting the Autopots and Sohum do their thing.

420-magazine-mobile17042384.jpg

420-magazine-mobile780028318.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1510850200.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi bobrown. I'm thinking about building a flood tray just in case there's an accident. I'm also going to do my first line flush in the next few days to prevent one. Is there a need to disassemble the float from the tray to clean those items?

I did make the light bar. I was standing in Home Depot one day staring at pipe fittings and decided to build one out of black steel pipe. Ended up being more expensive than I thought it would but I'm super happy with the result.

Hey there CB... got the holidaze thing going so sorry for late reply.

On the AP line flush:

1) turn off water at the reservoir (if that's an option for you) I have a few valves I can shut off for this purpose.
2) remove the float with small line attached.
3) unscrew the cap that holds the line
4) gently pull the tubing off the float
5) put small tube into a container
6) turn water back on for a few seconds, let some water run out then turn water back off - if there's bacteria build up - you will see it here in the container. I usually have a sort of pink algae in mine and not all of them and it takes a few months so you may not see it this time. Goal is not to see it ever - right?

7) attach tubing to float and re-install - be sure the float is positioned properly on the CROSS X thingy.
8) turn water back on ... good to go!

I'm getting to a point where I cannot reach my floats... plants are too large now!! yay me right? Harvest time is VERY close so I can wait and do this procedure after my next major harvest!

On your light bar - yeah that's sweet. Looks pretty strong which is a very very good thing. 1oz of prevention.. saves your ass!

Good job buddy! :thumb:

I thought of HD plumbing isle when I first saw that. After you get all your lamps up - test for top heaviness and tie off just in case Murphy's Law and all that goodness.

I haven't read more yet but I'm looking forward to seeing your lamps hanging and feedback on the Budmaster gear.

On the power consumption... We have an auxiliary electric heater and run AC all spring summer and fall. Which of course we don't but electric usage is not enough for the police to get a search warrant. They need A LOT more than that... more likely you get busted from snitches - keep your mouth shut and don't show people your grow. Best way to stay out of trouble.

There's a shit ton of home growers these days, lets hope we don't go back to the 80s ..

There was a lot of good weed no one could get due to paranoia. War on Drugs... and all that nonsense. Just say NOW.... OK puff puff pass .... wait for it..... NOW! Boom. High Nancy Ray-gun wassup girl? :Namaste:

Hey there CB... got the holidaze thing going so sorry for late reply.

On the AP line flush:

1) turn off water at the reservoir (if that's an option for you) I have a few valves I can shut off for this purpose.
2) remove the float with small line attached.
3) unscrew the cap that holds the line
4) gently pull the tubing off the float
5) put small tube into a container
6) turn water back on for a few seconds, let some water run out then turn water back off - if there's bacteria build up - you will see it here in the container. I usually have a sort of pink algae in mine and not all of them and it takes a few months so you may not see it this time. Goal is not to see it ever - right?

7) attach tubing to float and re-install - be sure the float is positioned properly on the CROSS X thingy.
8) turn water back on ... good to go!

I'm getting to a point where I cannot reach my floats... plants are too large now!! yay me right? Harvest time is VERY close so I can wait and do this procedure after my next major harvest!

On your light bar - yeah that's sweet. Looks pretty strong which is a very very good thing. 1oz of prevention.. saves your ass!

Good job buddy! :thumb:

I thought of HD plumbing isle when I first saw that. After you get all your lamps up - test for top heaviness and tie off just in case Murphy's Law and all that goodness.

I haven't read more yet but I'm looking forward to seeing your lamps hanging and feedback on the Budmaster gear.

On the power consumption... We have an auxiliary electric heater and run AC all spring summer and fall. Which of course we don't but electric usage is not enough for the police to get a search warrant. They need A LOT more than that... more likely you get busted from snitches - keep your mouth shut and don't show people your grow. Best way to stay out of trouble.

There's a shit ton of home growers these days, lets hope we don't go back to the 80s ..

There was a lot of good weed no one could get due to paranoia. War on Drugs... and all that nonsense. Just say NOW.... OK puff puff pass .... wait for it..... NOW! Boom. High Nancy Ray-gun wassup girl? :Namaste:

Hiya bobrown! I did exactly those steps Friday morning to flush the lines and fortunately saw no sludge or pink stuff trickling out. Right now water consumption is quite slow, particularly with just two pots running this round, so I do wonder how long it would take to eventually see some blockage. I use bottled spring water in the tank. Then I also wondered how on earth do folks running really large Autopot systems manage the line cleaning??! Crazy.

I'm a big fan of the Budmaster so far. It's built like a tank and the plants are reaching upward pretty strongly now every morning when I check on them 2 hours after lights on. I've changed several variables with this grow including bigger pots, but man...the leaves are getting huge! They really seem to love this light. I can't wait for the flip.

Do you ever grow auto strains in your Autopot setup? If it took so long for my plants to grow into these 6.6 gallon pots would they be less ideal for autos? Next time I'm considering doing four different beans and figured I'd try autos for the first time.

Only the wife knows about the garden (and the fine folks here), but my electricity usage is up probably ~30% even without the 2nd light, and I guess the paranoia set in. I donate to both Drug Policy Alliance and MarijuanaMajority as well as MJ law reform in my state. It's long past time these wrongs are righted. They're fighting tooth and nail against reality, facts and common sense be damned.

We suffered another extended power outage today. Several weeks ago we lost power for nearly four hours due to a windstorm. I was home then and I put a portable battery powered light and some candles in the room to maintain their day period until the lights came back on. This time it occurred while we weren't home, and my battery backup only has enough juice for about 7 minutes. We had no power for nearly 2 hours after that 7 minutes, during the plants' mid-day cycle. My timer is electric and has a battery, so the day/night schedule is otherwise unaffected. Hopefully they don't herm on me or something.

The older plant is getting big. 24" tall today, to the younger one's 12".

420-magazine-mobile1404980884.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1650869803.jpg

Yeah wow... healthy plants looking GREAT there. Those girls are going to get A LOT larger! WoooHooo. Nice.

I run 8 XL AutoPots and 4 other pots in flower in the same room. It gets a little crazy green.. and humid too. I run organic soil so that was my impedance to go with the autopot system... too lazy to water!

I think yield and quality comes down to the lighting... I've had GREAT results from some inexpensive lamps and so so results from expensive lighting. That new growth looks exceptional.

Good luck buddy - best wishes for a bountiful harvest and happy new years!

So 13 days ago the older plant was 24" tall, and today, one week into flower she's up to 35". I know I complained early on about slow growth but now I'm wondering how much bigger she's going to get .

If they remain this healthy and vibrant throughput the grow with just spring water, the Sohum soil + Budmaster and Autopots will all have been worth the investment. SO, so easy. I have some new seed strains coming soon and I'm positively salivating at getting four of these big pots going after this round is done.

Bobrown, Hemi...I've never tried autos yet but would like to later this year. Are 6.6 gallon pots too large or overkill for autos? I don't understand well enough how I would up-pot into a pot this size and get roots established enough to make good use of the Autopots before the plants would start to flower. Make sense?

Cheers-

a430e2345521feb01c49c67471c6d6be.jpg

c2a0f91d73acc1420d16d4989f07493e.jpg

So 13 days ago the older plant was 24" tall, and today, one week into flower she's up to 35". I know I complained early on about slow growth but now I'm wondering how much bigger she's going to get .

If they remain this healthy and vibrant throughput the grow with just spring water, the Sohum soil + Budmaster and Autopots will all have been worth the investment. SO, so easy. I have some new seed strains coming soon and I'm positively salivating at getting four of these big pots going after this round is done.

Bobrown, Hemi...I've never tried autos yet but would like to later this year. Are 6.6 gallon pots too large or overkill for autos? I don't understand well enough how I would up-pot into a pot this size and get roots established enough to make good use of the Autopots before the plants would start to flower. Make sense?

Cheers-
I personally think those 6.6 gallons are too big for any grow inside a tent less than 4x4. As for autos I have seen some huge autos grown in just the 3.9 gallon autopots. If you were to use the 6.6 I would pick some long growing autos. Almost anything from Dutch Passion would probably fill those bigger pots with ease.

I personally think those 6.6 gallons are too big for any grow inside a tent less than 4x4. As for autos I have seen some huge autos grown in just the 3.9 gallon autopots. If you were to use the 6.6 I would pick some long growing autos. Almost anything from Dutch Passion would probably fill those bigger pots with ease.

That's what I figured; I think I'll need to keep a set of the smaller Autopots on hand if I decide to try autoflower strains down the road.

Ever heard of stem splitting a few days before harvest to increase THC production?

That's what I figured; I think I'll need to keep a set of the smaller Autopots on hand if I decide to try autoflower strains down the road.

Ever heard of stem splitting a few days before harvest to increase THC production?

I just had an email on that from Bergman's Lab. Have not done it before, sounds like it makes sense. I was going to try it on one of my LSD-25s in a couple weeks.

I just had an email on that from Bergman's Lab. Have not done it before, sounds like it makes sense. I was going to try it on one of my LSD-25s in a couple weeks.

Ha...I got the same email which prompted the question. I may try it with the shorter plant to see what happens.

Grow #3 - New Budmaster- New Autopots - New Room

Good morning friends...we're about to start week 4 of flower and the buds are starting to fill in a bit. The big girl is officially a tree now at 4' tall. Hoping she's about done stretching because the Budmaster can't go much higher without reworking the hangers a bit. These pots are going to force me to get better at training to keep lower/wider canopies in order to get the most effectiveness out of the light.

Still not a drop of nutrients. Look at all the green leaves and stems...they look so healthy! Sohum soil is seriously impressing me.

c051f796bff24932e485894740283a68.jpg

4f2c56adade6fffdb095b7d01f3d8818.jpg

aa55dd66564da9c06f11acd17f6f7250.jpg

b8f419cecee88b77dc6c6e583138ac2b.jpg

Very healthy looking!
Mine are probably down to the last two weeks. All cloudy trichomes with no amber yet, so I am pushing onward.
Need me some good nite time meds

Nice! Do you plan to trim wet or dry? Last round I left the sugar leaves on while the branches hung for a week or so and we trimmed a good bit less of those off before jarring them with Boveda packs. Since I didn't trim much off the bottoms of these plants I'll probably have a fair amount of fluff for bubble hash. Any guesses on your yield?

Nice! Do you plan to trim wet or dry? Last round I left the sugar leaves on while the branches hung for a week or so and we trimmed a good bit less of those off before jarring them with Boveda packs. Since I didn't trim much off the bottoms of these plants I'll probably have a fair amount of fluff for bubble hash. Any guesses on your yield?

I vary depending on the lady. For example all the fan leaves will probably be on the ground the first time I take them out of the tent, otherwise I would pull them all off. If the sugar leaves are already showing signs of drying out I will trim it right away otherwise, I like to hang whole branches with sugar leaves for the first couple days, then trim them. I don't like to let them dry out too much before trimming. No reason really, just a personal choice.

how that sohum treating u? i just received my autopot system and was considering using the sohum and RO in the res instead of coco/perlite and nutes in res.. expensive to ship here to seattle but if its worth it its worth it...

Back
Top Bottom