Autopots, 600W LED, Island Sweet Skunk

re: Autopots - 600w LED - Island Sweet Skunk

hey salty, thanks. Yeah, I've got a lot going on, but if I was going to learn, then I wanted to learn a bunch of different styles. Mostly what I have learned is, I know nothing and have a lot to learn.

Anyway, thanks for watching me and please feel free to jump in anytime. I can use all the help I can get.

Now, lets see these what these autopots can do.!

Okay I'm going to start this update with some pictures of my ISS grow, about four of the clones are rooted and the seedlings are about 8 days from when they popped their heads out of the coco.

I'm going to be mixing in some pics of my first grow into this one, like i said in an earlier post i was planning on adding another light to my grow room, so now i have officially 3kW of LED fixtures in one room. The new fixture is going to be added to this tent grow and it is an 800 watt with 5watt diodes

I plan on transplanting the seedlings and cuttings at the beginning of week three and firing up the autopots, so in about 6 days ill be transplanting.
IMG_058710.JPG
IMG_05855.JPG
IMG_05847.JPG

Here are some photos of my other grow, two 800w fixtures and a 600 watt in the middle, some of the phenotypes seem to keep stretching i had to clip the tops of about four plants, also those four plants don't seem to be developing buds like the other shorter phenotypes, does any one have any comments on that?

IMG_05979.JPG
IMG_05907.JPG
IMG_058911.JPG
IMG_058810.JPG

damn, that's a lot of light. are overkill issues with lighting the same when using LED? I'm just a reader here up til now, but I'm interested in your grow. I think I want to go LED when I finally get started, but I'm still learning about them. correct me if I'm wrong, but you would never use this much HPS right? so since LED's are self cooled and all that, can you pretty much use as much as possible?

damn, that's a lot of light. are overkill issues with lighting the same when using LED? I'm just a reader here up til now, but I'm interested in your grow. I think I want to go LED when I finally get started, but I'm still learning about them. correct me if I'm wrong, but you would never use this much HPS right? so since LED's are self cooled and all that, can you pretty much use as much as possible?

LEDs are not really self cooled, I would say that they are built In a way that manages the heat dissipated differently than HID lighting( I.e. heat sinks and fans built into the fixture), LEDs produce heat all lighting will produce heat The larger fixtures definitely produce more heat than the smaller ones. Also there is minimal radiant heat from the LED bulbs in contrast to large amounts of radiant heat from HID bulbs.

You can pack just as much HPS light in a room or just as much LED in a room as you want the trick is ventilating the room properly and spreading the lighting the right way over the plants.

There are probably more experienced growers with LEDs than I am but so far that's what I've learned. Hope that helps.

salty,

Your set-up looks good.
I also use Autopots though mine are the older round style. I like them a lot and have had good success with them. I am very interested to see how the air domes work for you. I just ordered flexible air stones for mine and going to put them under the pots rather than inside.

A few things about auto pots I have noticed is the need to monitor like any other system. Make sure their level, roots don't get into the float valve, or lines become clogged. I allow them to dry a bit between reservoir refilling as I have had problems with roots being too wet and growth slowing. I am hoping that the air stones will raise them to let the root get more oxygen and while bubbling enough for sufficient watering.

coco / perlite 3 to 1 mixture
General hydroponics 3 part Flora nutriments
RO Water / 600w HPS

Good luck with the grow,

Jarew

salty,

Your set-up looks good.
I also use Autopots though mine are the older round style. I like them a lot and have had good success with them. I am very interested to see how the air domes work for you. I just ordered flexible air stones for mine and going to put them under the pots rather than inside.

A few things about auto pots I have noticed is the need to monitor like any other system. Make sure their level, roots don't get into the float valve, or lines become clogged. I allow them to dry a bit between reservoir refilling as I have had problems with roots being too wet and growth slowing. I am hoping that the air stones will raise them to let the root get more oxygen and while bubbling enough for sufficient watering.

coco / perlite 3 to 1 mixture
General hydroponics 3 part Flora nutriments
RO Water / 600w HPS

Good luck with the grow,

Jarew

Awesome man good to know others are using this system as well, thanks for the advice :)

You said that you have problems with root entanglement, do you have those square root control pads that you put at the bottom of each pot and at the bottom of each side of the tray? They're suppose to prevent that. Also i have been using a product called drip clean...at least i think thats what it is called, its supposed to prevent clogs

Ya i think that overwatering may be a problem they seem to be droopy sometimes, I'm going to let them dry out in between the next change

Thanks for stopping do you have any diaries going on now?

First here are some updates of the plants in autopots under the new 600 watt, after 30 days of veg from seed (4 clones of ww also}) i decided to keep them under 18/6 for another couple of weeks because i have some clones that i don't really have anywhere to put that I'm trying to reveg. and make into mommies.

Here are some pics
IMG_074014.jpg
IMG_07378.jpg
IMG_073810.jpg
IMG_073913.jpg

Here are the clones that I'm trying to reveg. Personally i think its a good idea to do although you do run the risk of hermies but a upside you can take the best looking plant of the bunch during flowering.

I'm not sure though and i do think it takes longer for the plant to develop since its changing back to veg state from flower , any way the first pic is actually just starting to reveg. maybe you can tell that new leaves are forming from the top bud site of the clone.

IMG_07458.jpg

The second pic is a clone i just took from Jock Horror that is in flower hope it works out.
IMG_075611.jpg

nice grow, i am interested in the led grows. a bit too pricey for me, but always nice to look at. I like the auto pots also, great idea, def subbed to see how things turn out. thanks for stopping by and hope to see u around some more. :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom